• 60(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Ok, I found it and...It works!!!

Thanks!!!
Hey a few questions for anyone who might have some answers/suggestions.

1.  Is there any tips on using this skin with a touch screen?  Seems particularly difficult to get the sub-menus.  Perhaps I'm just doing things incorrectly.

2.  If I were to put in requests with add-on devs to update their how they set their viewtypes, is there a proper way to articulate this so they understand what I'm asking.  I know others have complained about how some add-on sections will take on various undesirable viewtypes when they aren't properly defined.

3.  I've had my default skin switch a few times to Estuary.  Is there a way to prevent this in the future?  Is it possible to delete Estuary so only Eminence is available?

Thanks for all the work that keeps going into this skin!
@Stevo:

1. I don't own any touch devices, so I don't know how they work with the skin. I've asked touch users before if everything was ok with the mechanics, and I always assumed it was, since there were almost no complaints. If someone could describe the way Kodi in general is used with touch, perhaps it would become clearer what needs fixing. There is a chance that Kodi handles touch input in some automatic way and that it works with the skin out of the box.

2. Basically, the skin detects the content type the add-ons or the library set. So there are separate content types for images, movies, music, music videos, videos, tvshows... and they all have separate optimised viewtypes. So it's important that the add-on set the content properly, based on the actual content that is shown. There are working examples, and there is also the official documentation on the forums and wiki listing all the content types. This method is Kodi's reccomended way of handling viewtypes.

3. This can happen when there are errors in the skin or after certain Kodi crashes. The logs should tell exactly what went wrong when Kodi tried to load Eminence. You can delete the Estuary skin folders from the Kodi installation folder in Program Files, but this is not recommended. The skin is the default fallback for when anything goes wrong. If Eminence crashes again on boot, and you don't have Estuary to revert to, there's a chance that you won't be able to enter Kodi at all, and in that case you'd have to reinstall it.

Sent from my LG Spirit 4G LTE
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi Alanon, In the Logos List view is there a way to turn off/remove the poster and thumb in the middle of the screen?
Eminence 2.0 Mod versions 2.4.4 and 2.4.4.1 break fanarts being used in media info views on TV shows and Movies. (They don't appear, you get a zoomed in view of the poster in Mediainfo 3 or simply the poster in the fanart pane in mediainfo 2.)
Thought it was something my end, spent an age looking for a toggle I may have switched, or a setting xml I may have changed, but nope.
Reverting back to version 2.4 of the skin corrects it.
Not sure whats causing it, I have no other skin install apart from the default inbuilt Estuary skin.
(2017-11-11, 18:20)agoMiST Wrote: Hi Alanon, In the Logos List view is there a way to turn off/remove the poster and thumb in the middle of the screen?

Not at the moment, but I can add some options if you like.
(2017-11-12, 12:54)lusephur Wrote: Eminence 2.0 Mod versions 2.4.4 and 2.4.4.1 break fanarts being used in media info views on TV shows and Movies. (They don't appear, you get a zoomed in view of the poster in Mediainfo 3 or simply the poster in the fanart pane in mediainfo 2.)
Thought it was something my end, spent an age looking for a toggle I may have switched, or a setting xml I may have changed, but nope.
Not sure whats causing it, I have no other skin install apart from the default inbuilt Estuary skin.
Interesting, it shouldn't be happening. What version exactly fixes the issue for you? Are you having a problem with the fanart backgrounds or the thumbnails in the Media Info views?

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-11-12, 15:58)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-11-11, 18:20)agoMiST Wrote: Hi Alanon, In the Logos List view is there a way to turn off/remove the poster and thumb in the middle of the screen?

(2017-11-12, 12:54)lusephur Wrote: Eminence 2.0 Mod versions 2.4.4 and 2.4.4.1 break fanarts being used in media info views on TV shows and Movies. (They don't appear, you get a zoomed in view of the poster in Mediainfo 3 or simply the poster in the fanart pane in mediainfo 2.)
Interesting, it shouldn't be happening. What version exactly fixes the issue for you? Are you having a problem with the fanart backgrounds or the thumbnails in the Media Info views?
I can confirm I also have the fan art issue with backgrounds and the zoomed poster. It happens when going into a movie or TV list.
(2017-02-20, 01:12)naco.proex Wrote: The best skin EVER!

AGREED! Should be default -- THX2U DEVs!!!
@lusephur, @borenson: It took me some time to figure out what was wrong with the last changes to the skin. Once I did, I reproduced the issue and I'm 90% certain that I managed to fix it. Please test out version 2.4.4.2 that will be in the repo shortly.

@Dr. Angelo: Thanks for the kind words!  Blush

(2017-11-12, 20:24)Alanon Wrote: @lusephur, @borenson: It took me some time to figure out what was wrong with the last changes to the skin. Once I did, I reproduced the issue and I'm 90% certain that I managed to fix it. Please test out version 2.4.4.2 that will be in the repo shortly.

Sorry, been a busy day. (Arch reinstallation bleedin hwclock not setting)
Glad someone else had the same issue though.
Will update when available and report back.
(2017-11-12, 20:24)Alanon Wrote: @lusephur, @borenson: It took me some time to figure out what was wrong with the last changes to the skin. Once I did, I reproduced the issue and I'm 90% certain that I managed to fix it. Please test out version 2.4.4.2 that will be in the repo shortly.

Mines all working since the update. Thankyou. Brilliant service 😀
Updated to 2.4.4.2, fanart issue occurred.
Rebooted, and it's back working as it should.

Edit:
Nope, it's not.
This shows Emenence 2.4.4.2 
https://imgur.com/gallery/Vm3v7

And this is 2.4
https://imgur.com/wWSCcxN

No other changes were made, only different versions of your skin (I had to grab 2.4 from for github)
(2017-11-12, 23:32)lusephur Wrote: Updated to 2.4.4.2, fanart issue occurred.
Rebooted, and it's back working as it should.

Edit:
Nope, it's not.
No other changes were made, only different versions of your skin (I had to grab 2.4 from for github)

I was able to determine how the breakage occurred and the modification I made seems to work for me. There were situations in which the images would appear properly in the beginning, but break after Kodi finished the library scan. From what you've described, it seems to be it. I'm not sure, but it might have something to do with the device performance.This is strange behaviour in any case, so I'll need your help to determine a fix which works for you, since there's no point in releasing 3, 4, or 5 repo updates if they don't work.

Here is an archive with 3 modifications of the same file. You need to remove the number from each file and replace it in the skin folder one by one. To avoid problems and inaccuracies, you need to exit Kodi and boot into it fresh after every overwrite, and stay and test things out a bit. After this is done, tell me which file version, if any, helped resolve the issue for you, and I'll take things from there.

Hi,

Im trying to add the repository, but it doesn't seem to show up. I copied the files to "Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/", but it doesn't appear in my repository list.

It did a couple of days ago, but I deleted everything so I could start over (after a failed clutter build). Now it doesn't show up. Does anybody else have this problem?
(2017-11-12, 15:58)Alanon Wrote:

That would be superb, thank you
  • 60(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21