• 69(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hello Alanon

I checked your latest version of eminence. I see that you have made the progress of time.
Now in the current event is the current time of the event. Could you do in the current program: "Time to th end". My point is to show how much time is left until the end of the event.

http://imgie.pl/image/JXe7V
Still can you enter as I already wrote such scrolling channel list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy7EtW2pkfs
(2018-02-16, 18:59)insync44 Wrote: Its a good skin but the mod version is confusing for the context menu.
What do you mean?
(2018-02-17, 11:59)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

I checked your latest version of eminence. I see that you have made the progress of time.
Now in the current event is the current time of the event. Could you do in the current program: "Time to th end". My point is to show how much time is left until the end of the event.

Still can you enter as I already wrote such scrolling channel list?
I've changed the entry to count down the time remaining. Smile

Regarding that list, I was unable to implement it. I have no idea how it functions, and I've not been able to figure out how to do it. I have no way of knowing where to begin, the type of list, etc. or what else needs to be changed. I doubt I can do it at all without seeing the specific implementation.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
VERSION 2.5 WILL BE UP SOON

Due to the multitude of changes introduced at once, bugs are possible. To ensure the best possible experience, I advise everyone to manually check all their settings OR reset the skin and start fresh after updating to version 2.5. This is mandatory, as some current settings will not be implemented due to the new interface changes! 

Also, be advised that Artwork Downloader is no longer being maintained. Most, if not all artwork issues are due to that. I advise moving over to Artwork Beef, as the Mod fully supports it.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Forgive me if this is outside of your area, but I'm having issues in transferring builds due (I believe) to incompatible special characters in the image file names from the resource.images.studios.white folder from the addons folder.  I believe this is used for extended info, but I wanted to know if it would have any devastating effects to delete this folder, or if it would automatically reinstall itself later as a dependency, once the build has been transferred to a device. 

If it would make things too unstable to delete the folder, I will have to pick out and delete the particular offending image files.
No worries. The addon is available on Kodi repo, and it's not a skin dependency upon install. You can safely skip it, and then download it from Kodi manually.

Hi Alanon,

I think the video info dialog (DialogVideoInfo.xml) still contains the script.artwork.downloader at line 700 for downloading e.g. clearart and clearlogo.

Shouldn't that run artwork beef now, as you state for version 4.5?

Greetings,

Hablaras
Ideally, yes. However, I'm honestly not sure how to proceed here. The easiest and most direct route would be to simply remove AD from the skin entirely, and use only Beef. But this is bound to introduce a flurry of posts like "this update broke my artwork, please fix" as people generally do not read the thread.

I've been advertising the benefits of Beef for months now, and this mod was one of the first to support it natively, and most people still use AD out of convenience. So, I decided to have the skin support both as much as possible, in the hopes that people will naturally come to the resolution to switch now that AD is definitely borked.

During this interim, it's important to leave in as many elements of the familiar interface as possible. AD and Beef can have separate context menus, so only the info screen is the issue. And as users are already tasked with grasping a new interface and artwork treatment, I let that one slide.

Hello Alanon

Could I ask you to add an artist to the vevo plugin?
I wrote with the creator of the vevo plugin and wrote to me that it is in the skin that the appropriate entry must be made so that the title was given to the performer.

http://imgie.pl/image/lgkT6
Thanks Alanon, very clear explanation of your predicament Smile
Hi Alanon,

Great advancements with your mod - this is still the best thing to run 🤩

Would it be possible to create a Music Hub just like Movies or TV Shows?

Cheers
(2018-02-20, 21:49)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

I wrote with the creator of the vevo plugin and wrote to me that it is in the skin that the appropriate entry must be made so that the title was given to the performer.

I see what you mean, but I'll need more information. Since I don't use Vevo, which add-on is it? I know there's the official one, and a YouTube one.
Which view types are the problem? Does the add-on provide only music videos?

(2018-02-21, 08:16)GuRu23 Wrote: Hi Alanon,

Cheers

Do you mean a template like for TV and Movies? In short, yes, but it would have to be done at the expense of the first custom hub placeholder, which might cause complications for everyone who uses a custom hub. They would have to remake their set-up, which is a drag.

(2018-02-21, 13:36)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-02-20, 21:49)kowalmisiek Wrote: Hello Alanon

I see what you mean, but I'll need more information. Since I don't use Vevo, which add-on is it? I know there's the official one, and a YouTube one.
Which view types are the problem? Does the add-on provide only music videos?   

This is the topic about the VEVO add-on.
This is the latest beta version https://github.com/learningit/plugin.vid...3.0.13.zip

None of the views shows the artist's data.
The add-on is for playing music videos from the VEVO site.

In the original kodi skin "ESTUARY" it looks like this.
http://imgie.pl/image/lVGdw
In my opinion, it looks better if there is an artist at every song. As I suggested earlier in the picture. So as it is in the YOUTUBE plugin.

This is site www.vevo.com
Could you make such a view of the VEVO plugin menu as on www.vevo.com?
This is the present view
http://imgie.pl/image/lqAKE
And such a view is welcome.
http://imgie.pl/image/lVSdT
(2018-02-21, 18:34)kowalmisiek Wrote: This is the topic about the VEVO add-on.
This is the latest beta version https://github.com/learningit/plugin.vid...3.0.13.zip

None of the views shows the artist's data.
The add-on is for playing music videos from the VEVO site.

In the original kodi skin "ESTUARY" it looks like this.
http://imgie.pl/image/lVGdw
In my opinion, it looks better if there is an artist at every song. As I suggested earlier in the picture. So as it is in the YOUTUBE plugin.

This is site www.vevo.com
Could you make such a view of the VEVO plugin menu as on www.vevo.com?
This is the present view
http://imgie.pl/image/lqAKE
And such a view is welcome.
http://imgie.pl/image/lVSdT 

As far as any sort of custom view goes, that's just not possible. The way in which Kodi deals with these things requires add-on support for dynamic content and for skinning (like with the Extended Info add-on or the Next Aired add-on). What you're asking for is a widget-like structure where four dynamic content trees would be loaded simultaneously, and I'm not sure if Kodi even supports this type of thing within a view. Even then, I would have to have full access to the add-on in order to build anything for it.

As far as artists go, that's also problematic. The issue at hand is that all add-ons must declare a content type, as the skin assigns available view types according to the content type that is defined by the add-on in order to ensure compatibility, with only a small number of views able to run on any or undefined content type. The Vevo add-on most likely declares its content type as "videos", which by default have no artist included in the title. Changing that for Vevo would impact everything else that contains video content type as well, which will introduce consequences, so I can't do that directly. 

However, the views that contain some extended information should contain additional space that displays YouTube artist names (similar to your example from Estuary), and this ought to apply to the Vevo add-on. Those views are Fanarts/Thumbs list, RightList, Low List, Lovefilm and perhaps a few others. You can check if they are visible in the Vevo add-on, but only when in one of the actual video lists, not the first window. I can't access them, so I can't test it out myself. There is a possibility that they won't be visible even from that list - that would mean that the add-on most likely uses the "musicvideos" content type, which is still valuable information, as I can then make some adjustments for testing.

I checked every version of the eminence view and none showed the artist.
(2018-02-21, 13:36)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-02-21, 08:16)GuRu23 Wrote: Hi Alanon,

Cheers

Do you mean a template like for TV and Movies? In short, yes, but it would have to be done at the expense of the first custom hub placeholder, which might cause complications for everyone who uses a custom hub. They would have to remake their set-up, which is a drag.

Well, should you decide to go this step, you should also keep the other media types in mind: pictures, music, games, Music videos, audiobooks,...

Maybe just reserve a spot for the corresponding hub for them as well?

Cheers
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21