• 73(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hi @"Al Anon" I've an iPTV line and I would like to view the EPG with colors like people who are using TVHeadEnd. However I get a gray EPG with no color-categories. Is this a general problem with the IPTV feature or is a problem with the category tag in the xml that WebGrab makes.

Thank you.
  1. P.D: I'm from Spain and also I have used a perl script to translate the categories names to english but I get nothing different. Gray.
  2. P.D: Is there any possibility to implement the epg-color as (or similar) is described here?  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=175642
    I think this would be a nice idea...

Thank you again.
(2018-03-26, 00:31)Alanon Wrote: Wait a minute, do you mean Spotlight or Showcase? Huh

I meant Spotlight and I just found out what I was looking for. But as you mentioned Showcase, can I remove something from there? I don't like random episodes and series genres, is it possible to remove them?

Thanks.
(2018-03-26, 16:50)Alfredo Pérez Wrote: Hi @"Al Anon" I've an iPTV line and I would like to view the EPG with colors like people who are using TVHeadEnd. However I get a gray EPG with no color-categories. Is this a general problem with the IPTV feature or is a problem with the category tag in the xml that WebGrab makes.

Thank you.
  1. P.D: I'm from Spain and also I have used a perl script to translate the categories names to english but I get nothing different. Gray.

2. P.D: Is there any possibility to implement the epg-color as (or similar) is described here?  175642 (thread)
    I think this would be a nice idea...

Thank you again.    

Interesting. The thing is, the skin already has support for colours in the EPG. When testing with the PVR Demo Client, I have some colours in the channel guide as it should be, and the implementation has been there since the original skin. I've also checked out some other skins with good EPG support, and they have the same implementation. The images provided in the skin itself have no names, only numbers, because Kodi has hardcoded some genres into numbers (see here for more info). It makes sense that numbers are used in order to avoid language restrictions, but in that case, it should work the same for everyone.

It is most likely that the names of genres can be altered by the specific PVR backend, but I have no way of knowing or testing that, as I don't use PVR myself. If you tried replacing the files in the skin (/media/pvrgenre) and nothing happened, it could be that your PVR client is expecting files that are simply named in some different way. I don't have any specific information or advice to give you, but I suspect that somewhere in your PVR add-on folder, or somewhere on the forums there is more information or documentation on how to handle genre mappings for your specific setup. 

(2018-03-27, 03:16)cemmec Wrote: I meant Spotlight and I just found out what I was looking for. But as you mentioned Showcase, can I remove something from there? I don't like random episodes and series genres, is it possible to remove them?

Thanks.

Yes, you can. Just go to Skin Settings / Widgets / Customize showcase widgets. Enter the widget selection and choose "None" for the widget. Make sure that you leave the first and last item selected, to ensure scrolling is correct, but you can remove any widget in between.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Can i restore the skin settings of the original emnience 2? I have spent over 10 hours extremely editing it.
Well, you can try and see what happens, but it's not recommended. Some things will probably work, and some things definitely won't, as many settings have been altered on the string level. I have no idea how everything will interact and if this will cause any serious bugs.

However, I think you should be able to restore just your skin.shortcuts menus and submenus. I seem to remember that there used to be an import option somewhere in the addon. It's important to note that this is not the same as the skin backup feature. That backs up everything.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi! Love the skin by the way. I have a question and one bug issue. 

1) I am getting a "wraith error" whenever I try to modify widgets. I can change what I want but this crashes the skin, forcing me to reload. I've uninstalled, updated, everything, nothing helps. Any insight on what I can do to fix this?
2) Is there a way to make the player accessible? When I play music the only way to access the player is by using my phone with an app like Kore or Yatse to stop the stream or change songs. On other skins the player is always obvious no matter what i'm playing and on skins like confluence I can even watch something as I browse my library. 

thank you so much for your work
(2018-03-28, 21:20)caseguy Wrote: Hi! Love the skin by the way. I have a question and one bug issue. 

1) I am getting a "wraith error" whenever I try to modify widgets. I can change what I want but this crashes the skin, forcing me to reload. I've uninstalled, updated, everything, nothing helps. Any insight on what I can do to fix this?
2) Is there a way to make the player accessible? When I play music the only way to access the player is by using my phone with an app like Kore or Yatse to stop the stream or change songs. On other skins the player is always obvious no matter what i'm playing and on skins like confluence I can even watch something as I browse my library. 

thank you so much for your work
Hmmm, wraith is a fork of the Extended Info mod, right? Skinshortcuts (and hence the skin itself) have "default" shortcuts leading to the most used widgets, and the entries in that list support only the official version of Extended Info. You can still change every widget to a variant of the add-on, but you have to do it manually, selecting the widgets by not going in the default section, but browsing through Add-ons / Programs, etc, finding the actual add-on, and selecting a widget from its internal structure.

As far as playback is concerned, there are many hardcoded Kodi shortcuts to achieve what you need. First off, you can have background video playing if you switch on a skin setting (Skin Settings / Background / Show background video). Also, there is a small playback control menu in the main menu. It shows up in the notification shade when there's something playing.

If you have played something and returned to the library, the "Tab" key on my keyboard returns me to the fullscreen, and "x" always stops all playback. There is also a special "return to fullscreen" button in the regular submenu (on my keyboard it is brought up with the "m" key). If you use the mouse, clicking on any point outside the panels will return you to the fullscreen.

There is also a particular playback menu with all the playback controls available anywhere with the appropriate key combination. In my case, it's Ctrl + N. Basically, any of the methods will work for you as long as you determine which of the keys correspond to your preferred controller.

Hey, is anyone having issues with Kodi not quitting properly in Android?  I just noticed this being an issue int he last week or so.  When I go to quit, it just hangs forever until I force quit.
Thank you so much for your reply. 

As for the wraith error,  you wrote "Skinshortcuts (and hence the skin itself) have "default" shortcuts leading to the most used widgets, and the entries in that list support only the official version of Extended Info. You can still change every widget to a variant of the add-on, but you have to do it manually, selecting the widgets by not going in the default section, but browsing through Add-ons / Programs, etc, finding the actual add-on, and selecting a widget from its internal structure.", and this is what I am doing when the error occurs. 

Here's what i'm doing when the error occurs and Kodi freezes up, step by step - 

1- I go to Skin settings/configure skin/home/customise home menu
2- I go to the menu option I want to customize. 
3- I select "widget" to change the widget that shows for the menu entry. 
4- If I select "default widget" , the busy spinner works for about 10 seconds and during this a "wraith error : check the log for more details" pops up. 
5- Eventually the spinner stops and I can continue to navigate through the menu. 
6- When I commit to a widget and click "ok" to save, the busy spinner runs forever, crashing kodi and making everything permanently unresponsive until I task manager or alt/tab/close my way out of kodi. 

When I restart Kodi the change usually commits. Sometimes it does not. I do have to point out that this did not happen before I started customizing the menu, when the skin was freshly installed.
Sorry for asking another question, but is there a way to make the fanart rotate and change the way it does on fullscreen when the menu icons in the main menu arent focused?
The fan art and posters change every 5 seconds when the menu is visible, but if I put the mouse in the center of the screen, making the menu disappear and focusing on the fan art, the rotation of the fan art doesnt occur and I dont see a skin menu item to manipulate this. 

Is there a setting I'm not seeing that would enable the fanart to behave the way it does (changing every 5 seconds) when the menu is visible? 

Thank you again for your wonderful work. I'll definitely donate, this skin is a lot better looking than confluence and my family enjoys it a lot.
thank you very much I have nothing to lose I'm going to try ...
@caseguy: From what you describe, it seems to me that the wraith thing simply uses paths that are not the same as the Extended Info. The "Default" section is not a part of the skin, but of the skin shortcuts add-on. It's really a collection of pre-set paths for the widgets, like a series of shortcuts. When you try to open the default section it tries to load all the paths, and there's an error because something does not match. The skin then tries to resolve this and still open the paths, but ultimately craps out. Hence, to avoid the issue, you need to stay away from the defaults altogether, and go browse for the info add-on manually (Add-ons/programs, or Add-ons / Video), or simply use the default Extended Info.

As far as the second issue goes, it's a bit tricky to explain. What you have available is an option for a set of backgrounds that you can set up for every man menu item. In that case, the fanart will rotate on every menu item, but the main menu focus will determine which set of images will be triggered. In this setup, unfocusing from the main menu will not stop the fanart rotation. The widget fanart doesn't really rotate. The widget items rotate, and their own fanart images are what's you see changing. When you go to the centre, you automatically focus on a single widget regardless of your widget visibility or main menu fanart settings, and that also stops their rotation. I haven't been able to figure out a satisfactory way of simplifying the system while maintaining the automatic carousel.

If, however, the main menu artwork and widget fanart interaction is at the root of the problem, you can go to "Skin Settings/Background/Replace widget fanart with background" and play around with the two options. That should enable you to ignore widget fanart altogether, and set up your own selection of images that will always rotate regardless of the widget fanart.

he hecho la copia del skin y la posterior restauracion e...

he hecho la copia del skin y la posterior restauracion e...
Más

I made the copy of the skin a
I made the copy of the skin and the subsequent restoration in the other skin (mod) did not work even though there is not the option of the widget in the submenu. a shame
hello I made the copy of the skin menu and then the restoration in the skin (mod) and it has not worked yet without having widget in the submenu thank you very much is a shame
(2018-03-27, 21:35)Alanon Wrote: Yes, you can. Just go to Skin Settings / Widgets / Customize showcase widgets. Enter the widget selection and choose "None" for the widget. Make sure that you leave the first and last item selected, to ensure scrolling is correct, but you can remove any widget in between.

I had to edit some files to customize some information the way I wanted. I am almost there!

Thanks for all support!
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21