• 4(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
I keep having crashes, when I use the keyboard? Ik can type er edit text, but when I press ok the keyboard slides down, hangs at the bottom of the screen and Kodi crashes and resets.
All thats needed now is automatic updates. Big Grin
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2017-02-24, 16:24)SkywalkerPD Wrote: I keep having crashes, when I use the keyboard? Ik can type er edit text, but when I press ok the keyboard slides down, hangs at the bottom of the screen and Kodi crashes and resets.

I've never had this happen. Any log errors?

(2017-02-24, 16:41)Raitsa Wrote: All thats needed now is automatic updates. Big Grin

Well, I only made this repo yesterday, so I haven't had any time to see if it even works. The skin has one very small fix, and a version bump. Upon installing the repo, you should (hopefully) get a prompt about a new version, and you'll be able to install it.

I made this off of a tutorial, so please test it out if you can so I know if I can update the first post accordingly.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-02-24, 17:35)Alanon Wrote: [quote='SkywalkerPD' pid='2534639' dateline='1487946251']
I keep having crashes, when I use the keyboard? Ik can type er edit text, but when I press ok the keyboard slides down, hangs at the bottom of the screen and Kodi crashes and resets.

I've never had this happen. Any log errors?

(2017-02-24, 16:41)Raitsa Wrote: All thats needed now is automatic updates. Big Grin

The only thing I can find just before the crash is

13:34:40.774 T:1962249168 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()
(2017-02-24, 17:35)Alanon Wrote: Well, I only made this repo yesterday, so I haven't had any time to see if it even works. The skin has one very small fix, and a version bump. Upon installing the repo, you should (hopefully) get a prompt about a new version, and you'll be able to install it.

I made this off of a tutorial, so please test it out if you can so I know if I can update the first post accordingly.

Just installed the repo. Skin is updated to 2.2.3 now. Looks like it is working like it should.

Thnx Alanon!
Alanon. There is an error in the language flags in the MEDIA folder.

The flag of Brazil (my country) has the name TUP, of Tupi-Guarani, language not spoken more here. The correct one is PTB. (Brazilian portuguese). I'm manually changing each update, but if you change permanently it would be much better.

Image -> It has the name - TUP

Image -> Must change to - PTB

The flag of Portugal, which also speaks Portuguese (but of Portugal) is named POR, and is correct.
Great news on this skin being revived.

I'd love to upgrade to it but am a little worried I'm going to lose my current setup in the process. I would appreciate any tips or what to expect in the following situation:

1) Have original Eminence 2 MOD running great on Kodi 16 on Amazon Fire TV
- I tried the backup option for the skin but it shows just the MOVIE and TV folders that is scanned. These appear read only as a backup never works to them?
- If I do succeed in getting a BackUp it will work to restore in this new version?

2) I can (and will need to) upgrade Kodi 16 to 17 for this app
- This will present a stock Kodi Skin - will this still point to all my NAS file locations etc.?

3) I can then install Eminence 2
- Will the interface now be restored as before or will I need to run a restore option in the skin?
- The OP mentions making sure you have your path correct. Not sure where this path is on the Fire TV?

Thanks for any tips.

Regards

Peter Gillespie
I've just made updates to the Github structure, please install the new repo manually, from the link in the first post. The previous version has stopped working due to the changes.

As you can see, there are now three links in the OP. The first is to the repo, which works... like any repo. The second will get you to the folder where the repo stores the skin zip files, in case you have trouble updating from the repo for any reason. The final link is merely a zip archive of the latest skin commits from the git. I plan on using this as a sort of perpetual tweak-zone, a place to test and tweak things before updating the skin to the repo. It's there just in case.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-02-24, 17:51)SkywalkerPD Wrote: 13:34:40.774 T:1962249168 ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

It looks like one of those darn generic errors, those are a real pain to narrow down. Does this happen on every keyboard, or just in the mod? Just on the latest versions? Also, do you happen to have a controler?

(2017-02-25, 02:59)naco.proex Wrote: The flag of Brazil (my country) has the name TUP, of Tupi-Guarani, language not spoken more here. The correct one is PTB. (Brazilian portuguese). I'm manually changing each update, but if you change permanently it would be much better.

You should have said something sooner! I never entered the lang folder, I just assumed that everything was ok. No reason for you to do this every time.

Anyways, there's an update 2.2.4 in the updated repo (see my post above), along with an option for the new onback settings. When selected, it uses the new behaviour, when not, everything is as it was in the older versions.

(2017-02-25, 10:47)pgdownload Wrote: Great news on this skin being revived.

I'd love to upgrade to it but am a little worried I'm going to lose my current setup in the process. I would appreciate any tips or what to expect in the following situation:

1) Have original Eminence 2 MOD running great on Kodi 16 on Amazon Fire TV
- I tried the backup option for the skin but it shows just the MOVIE and TV folders that is scanned. These appear read only as a backup never works to them?
- If I do succeed in getting a BackUp it will work to restore in this new version?

2) I can (and will need to) upgrade Kodi 16 to 17 for this app
- This will present a stock Kodi Skin - will this still point to all my NAS file locations etc.?

3) I can then install Eminence 2
- Will the interface now be restored as before or will I need to run a restore option in the skin?
- The OP mentions making sure you have your path correct. Not sure where this path is on the Fire TV?

Thanks for any tips.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Hi, Peter! Thanks for your interest in my mod. Let's go in order.

1. You're describing some strange behaviour. Provided you still have the old versions of the dependencies needed for the old MOD, you should be able to backup. If memory serves, the location to the backup folder was set in the helper service settings. If you've never touched things like that, perhaps there are permission issues, preventing the proper access to the default location. Also, if you've updated the add-ons in the meantime, that might account for the strangeness, as the skin wasn't built for these new protocols. These are just some things off the top of my head.

If I remember correctly, most elements from the old backup should work in the new skin, not accounting for the new or changed settings. Though, I'm not sure of the overall stability of the process even when the mods were similar, particularly bearing in mind the changes in code that the new add-on versions have underwent. Someone with better memory should really chime in. Not backing up needn't necessarily be a bad thing, since there are many new settings that you'll have to set-up from scratch anyway. Starting with a clean slate might do you good performance-wise, although it will be more time consuming.

2. As long as you are not changing devices, upgrading Kodi versions leaves all your Kodi settings and locations intact.

3. I would recommend installing my repo from the post and avoiding the file-path issue altogether. This would allow for Kodi to determine the proper path, without you needing to fish for the place to manually unzip.

Once installed, you do indeed need to restore the settings from the backup. In that regard, there are some additional steps to consider. First, you would need to set the location of your backup storage in the skin.helper.backup add-on settings. Upon setting the location up, you can then move your backup zip to that location. Restart Kodi, and upon clicking on the restore option, you should be presented with a window, listing the backup files.

(2017-02-25, 13:08)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 02:59)naco.proex Wrote: The flag of Brazil (my country) has the name TUP, of Tupi-Guarani, language not spoken more here. The correct one is PTB. (Brazilian portuguese). I'm manually changing each update, but if you change permanently it would be much better.

You should have said something sooner! I never entered the lang folder, I just assumed that everything was ok. No reason for you to do this every time.

Anyways, there's an update 2.2.4 in the updated repo (see my post above), along with an option for the new onback settings. When selected, it uses the new behaviour, when not, everything is as it was in the older versions.

Before I copied the entire skin folder with each new update and overwritten everything. Now, through the repository, I no longer need to change. Anyway, for those who are going to install for the first time and from Brazil will need to change. But it's simple. I did not warn you before because I noticed this mistake a few days ago.

Many thanks, my friend.
Is it possible to add info section on the item selection screen?
What I mean is for example when looking at an episode or movie before playing one, could you add info at the bottom like codec, resolution, audio etc.
(2017-02-25, 19:35)Nekromantik Wrote: Is it possible to add info section on the item selection screen?
What I mean is for example when looking at an episode or movie before playing one, could you add info at the bottom like codec, resolution, audio etc.
There's already a setting to enable flags in the library and in the hubs, make sure it's checked.

(2017-02-25, 20:26)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-02-25, 19:35)Nekromantik Wrote: Is it possible to add info section on the item selection screen?
There's already a setting to enable flags in the library and in the hubs, make sure it's checked.

thanks
Hello! Thanks for the update.. Awesome!

Couple of things/requests..

1) I would like to see clearart logos aswell in the EPG for live tv and in the channeloverview.
2) For live tv I would like to see a widget with just the channellogos and not with fanart.
3) I'm not able to add a widget with just all video addons.. With the normal eminence version I'm able to set this.
4) Is there an option to change the weather icons at the right upper corner? In the same icons as I can configure for normal weather icons?
5) I would love to see interactive widgets.. By example, for settings, I would like to see the settingsscreen as a widget. So that you don't have to enter to settings, but can configure settings from the homescreen.

Cheers and keep up the good work!
1.0.1 repo works great.

The dates seem to be missing from youtube views, for example from these:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MotorTrend/videos
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21