• 35(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2017-06-20, 10:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Alanon - re: Caching. You are missing a condition for this in Includes_Furniture.xml for Furniture_TopBar. Prior to Krypton when the video was caching it would pause so it didn't need a separate condition, but in Krypton it doesn't set Player.Paused when caching and so needs its own condition - i.e. Player.Caching

In line 1397 & 1421 you need to add a condition for Player.Caching with the other player conditions. You might also need to add something similar to the seekbar in Includes_Window.xml

e.g.

<visible>[Window.IsVisible(home) + ![Control.HasFocus(9001) | Control.HasFocus(9101)]] | [Window.IsVisible(DialogSeekBar.xml) + [Player.Caching | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Paused | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsVisible(DialogFullScreenInfo.xml) | Window.IsVisible(musicosd) | Window.IsVisible(videoosd)]] | Window.IsVisible(DialogBusy.xml) | ![Window.IsVisible(home) | Window.IsVisible(DialogSeekBar.xml)] | Window.IsVisible(script-script.extendedinfo-DialogVideoInfo.xml) | Window.IsVisible(script-script.extendedinfo-DialogInfo.xml)</visible>

Many thanks to the both of you! That's exactly what I was looking for. Now the top bar pops down and displays Cache 0% in the top left when it's buffering. @jurialmunkey: I've been watching your development of Fuse Neue, and I'm very impressed by the design and the way the user interface works. You are truely a master in the art of skinning.
(2017-06-20, 21:33)Alanon Wrote: @jurialmunkey: Wow, amazing catch! I swear, it's like you have all the code in your head!

Hahaha. After 3.5 years of working on a skin you get pretty familiar with the code! Seriously though, I remembered being stumped by this for quite a while after the switch to krypton and originally I just thought it was a weird quirk with my setup (because it was working in Jarvis)
-- I could see that you were going down the same road, so I thought I would save you some trouble! Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Just a heads up for the 2.4 update:

1. The music library has been overhauled, the artwork provider is now Skin Helper. For that to work, Library/Artist/logo.png; and Library/Artist/Album/disc.png have to be used.

2. The skin now supports Artwork Beef as the artwork handler, you can find its documentation, methods and quirks explained in the add-on thread. The main advantage of this add-on is in its automatic management of movie set artwork and full TMDb support. On the other hand, there are no movie thumbs, and there are other specificities. Either way, Artwork Downloader is still fully supported, this is just an additional option.

3. To remove a bug, the backup/restore now calls the add-on directly, so there will be a different interface, with a few more clicks, but overall I like it better.

4. The update contains a lot of fixes, some of which might have introduced new ones. So be on the lookout.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Hi,
Is there a way to get a guide to updating the skin, for example: adding options under movies that will go directly to the movie section in the specific add-ons?
THx
(2017-06-25, 12:02)Avir Wrote: Hi,
Is there a way to get a guide to updating the skin, for example: adding options under movies that will go directly to the movie section in the specific add-ons?
THx

Everything is done through the main menu configuration setting and their corresponding submenu settings (Skin Settings /Home /Customise home menu). Not much to explain other than that's where you go, and then you select you menu content (Choose item menu). From there on literally everything is done through browsing the available filepaths. In your case, since you mentioned add-ons, you'd need to scroll down to the "Add-on" category in the list, browse through the add-on categories, reach the add-on you want, and then browse through the content of your chosen add-on in the same way.

There will be differences depending on the way each add-on is structured, but basically, if you can browse to it, it should work. The same rule of thumb applies to the menus, submenus and widgets. This method is not skin specific, and you ought to be able to find more examples in skins that also use Skin Helper, and perhaps even on YouTube. Maybe some other skin user knows of a good quality video that they might link to... Personally, I'm not really aware of any comprehensive guide that doesn't also link to pirate add-ons that are banned in these forums.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
I can't seem to get the widget's to show fanart as background even when i select "show fanart" in the home settings menu

It used to work....is there something i'm missing here? i used to be able to set my own background but the widgets would supersede it...this is what i want

EDIT:
I figured this out...i had an item checked that forced the background instead of the fanart..
I do have another question..I'm sorry if this has been asked:

When i try to select "default widgets" it locks up and crashes....is there a way to fix it?

EDIT:

I would also really like to add a button to the video OSD that would call "extended info" and pause the movie at the same time. This would be awesome because you could look up the actors and see other movies they are in and decide to launch them if you so please...i figure this is available but i can't figure out how to do it.
(2017-06-26, 07:15)wonslung Wrote: I do have another question..I'm sorry if this has been asked:

When i try to select "default widgets" it locks up and crashes....is there a way to fix it?

EDIT:

I would also really like to add a button to the video OSD that would call "extended info" and pause the movie at the same time. This would be awesome because you could look up the actors and see other movies they are in and decide to launch them if you so please...i figure this is available but i can't figure out how to do it.

That shouldn't be happening, but I'll need a debug log in order to take a closer look and to be able to offer more specific solutions. These things have happened before, but usually due to an external problem, like a problem with the Skin Helper install, or some issue with the skin settings and changes introduced by skin updates. There's no universal solution, but people have generally had success fixing it by reinstalling the latest beta Skin Helper add-ons from Marcel's repo, and/or resetting skin settings. Sometimes even a backup and restore of the skin settings helped.

As for the ExtendedInfo, I can't decide for or against it. The function used for the button is very inconsistent, people have reported to me that Netflix for example, doesn't work, as well as any NAS set-up. The only way for the button to work is to have it all in the library. Until that gets improved in the add-on, many users will simply have no reaction when pressing the button, and it's really a shame. As far as I know, it's the same in any skin that has this function, and many skins have removed their existing buttons for the same reason. As a side note, you can always enable the setting "Show info on pause", that will get you some info. By pressing the "i" button when paused, you can toggle an actors slider, that will help you find out the names of the actors in the media being played. It's not nearly as rich as ExtendedInfo, but I find it serviceable.

I'm still looking for a more elegant solution to the problem, so far without success. I'll give it some more attention, and if I can get it to work properly, it will be in the next update. In the meantime, if you'd like to have the button available to you immediately, the easiest way would be to reactivate the existing code for the artist slide with the ExtendedInfo call. The lines you're looking start in 1592 in Includes_Window.xml. Simply delete or comment the only onclick condition that is active, and uncomment what's commented. That's the original code, and it should still work, albeit with the limitations I've previously outlined.

Hi Alanon
First of all I would like to thank you for the excellent work you do.
I use EMINENCE from my first day in KODI and was very happy that you continued to develop the skin.

I have two questions / requests:
1. Can you add an option to disable the option to hide the menu when you click the up button (on the main screen)? When working with a mouse that does not work well, any move with the mouse on the screen hides the menu.
2. Can you add an option to change the location of the CD display on the main screen, as it is now the CD view half-hidden by the Details of the film , I control its position through the XML, but every update of the CD is reset.

thank you very much
artwork seems to be loading faster in general with the new version,
there are still some hiccups when playing music and skipping tracks:

logo.png of previous track is still visible when current track without a logo.png is playing
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2017-06-27, 07:55)kobikite Wrote: Hi Alanon
First of all I would like to thank you for the excellent work you do.
I use EMINENCE from my first day in KODI and was very happy that you continued to develop the skin.

I have two questions / requests:
1. Can you add an option to disable the option to hide the menu when you click the up button (on the main screen)? When working with a mouse that does not work well, any move with the mouse on the screen hides the menu.
2. Can you add an option to change the location of the CD display on the main screen, as it is now the CD view half-hidden by the Details of the film , I control its position through the XML, but every update of the CD is reset.

thank you very much

Hello, and thanks for the kind words! Big Grin

1. Well, it's a problem with the way the skin is built. The focused widget poster is actually clickable, so what happens when you move the cursor upwards is you focus on the widget. The whole middle screen is one giant button, as well as the top, for the submenu if you're a mouse user. Basically, if I removed it, there would be no way to click it if you're a mouse user who dislikes using a keyboard.

On the other hand, I could, of course, remove the animation that hides the menu, but there are three problems with that. First, it would still be unusable whenever the cursor would be anywhere near the widget. Second, there would be no way to know when the widgets are focused. And third, if I did that anyway and wanted to preserve the effect, then I'd have to move all the animations and/or widget positions, since it's a sliding sequence, and that would place the widget tile in the middle of the screen, which is really ugly. Basically, it opens up a whole can of worms that I'm not sure for what benefit. Now, if I were somehow able to distinguish

2. As far as the disc goes, it's placed there by design, the disc should simulate the look of a disc sort of exiting a cd player? To be honest, I don't know where else to put it? If you have an idea, I'll gladly look into it? Big Grin

(2017-06-27, 09:52)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: artwork seems to be loading faster in general with the new version,
there are still some hiccups when playing music and skipping tracks:

logo.png of previous track is still visible when current track without a logo.png is playing

I'm aware I failed to fix it, just not aware of the solution. It might very well be that it's a limitation of the implementation... Rest assured it's on my mind, and bugging me very much.

Hello Alanon,

I have been using your skin for a few months now and have got back to tweak some of the look and feel. I have found that when I go into settings and try to add a default widget that it hangs with the progress bar saying "Getting directory listing....". I have waited up to 30 minutes without a return from this dialog. Any ideas or can I provide any additional information?

Thanks

Martin
(2017-06-28, 20:04)MartyB95 Wrote: Hello Alanon,

I have been using your skin for a few months now and have got back to tweak some of the look and feel. I have found that when I go into settings and try to add a default widget that it hangs with the progress bar saying "Getting directory listing....". I have waited up to 30 minutes without a return from this dialog. Any ideas or can I provide any additional information?

Thanks

Martin

Well, that has something to do with Skin Helper add-on, that's for sure. As for anything specific, a debug log would be nice. I've never been able to reproduce the bug myself, which is one of the things that's hindering bug research, so any log is helpful. At the moment I don't have the cause pinned down, but folks have had luck fixing it by restoring their backup settings, reinstalling/refreshing Skin Helper add-on and the shortcuts.

The step you've described is a simple enumeration of available folders - the add-on scans for the available and known structures - Extendedinfo links, library add-ons, playlists, etc. to present them to you. The fact you're stuck means that it can't get to that info, either due to some corruption, or, depending on the platform, it might have lost access somehow. Off the top of my head, this sort of thing can happen when Skin Helper doesn't rebuild the menu properly, it can happen after an improper add-on update, an old version, or just plain bad luck. (For example, switching between skins that use Skin Helper almost always triggers rebuilds. One random hitch during that process could cause a lot of problems.)

Hi all,

Perhaps not the best way to ask on a forum but I was wondering if somebody was willing to assist in a layout makeover (read to hire your skills).

Cheers
Has the repo not been updated?
The latest version is 2.2.3 showing up.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21