• 40(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
One thought on the showcase navigation though:

if you use the down arrow, once you reach the bottom of the list, it takes you back to the top, but if you do the reverse, (navigate from the bottom to the top) it doesn't move back to the bottom.

I think this would be more fluid
Hello,

Is it possible to have Clearlist Logo for tv-shows?

I only get it for movies.

Thank you!
Video 
Hi Alanon, First of all I'm really impressed by your terrific work. Hundreds of customizing options are every KODI user's dream, right? Smile By the way, I just noticed that underthe skin settings-home-customize main menu-submenu", I can't find widget option for submenu. Original Eminence 2 had this so I when I selected submenu with arrow keys I could see individual widgets for each submenus. But for some reason it's not there. Is there any way to bring back submenu widget options?

http://imgur.com/a/4swav

Here're screenshots of submenu editing windows of EMINENCE 2(old one) and EMINENCE 2 MOD.

Oh and can anyone can tell me how to use quicknav menus?(shortcut keys, etc?) I can edit it in skin settings but can't find out how to call it.
Thanks.
(2017-07-20, 01:46)jdig4240 Wrote: Not a big deal, but the rss window is a bit screwy, lol

Hmmm. Not sure what's the problem, the script loads its own resources, so the skin doesn't really do anything. I've checked Eminence as well, it seems that it too has the same problem. Maybe the skins use something that's not standard? I suppose I could just make a custom window that would work?

(2017-07-20, 02:49)wonslung Wrote: One thought on the showcase navigation though:

if you use the down arrow, once you reach the bottom of the list, it takes you back to the top, but if you do the reverse, (navigate from the bottom to the top) it doesn't move back to the bottom.

I think this would be more fluid

That's the intended behaviour, I've just checked, and it works for me? Not sure why it doesn't for you.

(2017-07-20, 07:40)maroc1994 Wrote: Hello,

Is it possible to have Clearlist Logo for tv-shows?

I only get it for movies.

Thank you!

Do you mean the top central logo? I could add a setting, but it would be a switch that would affect the default behaviour for all the views.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-07-20, 10:29)kyuuu Wrote: Hi Alanon, First of all I'm really impressed by your terrific work. Hundreds of customizing options are every KODI user's dream, right? Smile By the way, I just noticed that underthe skin settings-home-customize main menu-submenu", I can't find widget option for submenu. Original Eminence 2 had this so I when I selected submenu with arrow keys I could see individual widgets for each submenus. But for some reason it's not there. Is there any way to bring back submenu widget options?

Here're screenshots of submenu editing windows of EMINENCE 2(old one) and EMINENCE 2 MOD.

Oh and can anyone can tell me how to use quicknav menus?(shortcut keys, etc?) I can edit it in skin settings but can't find out how to call it.
Thanks.

Hello, glad you're liking the skin! Big Grin

First, the question. You can access the QuickNav in several ways, depending on your controller. If you're a mouse user, just fling the cursor to the top of almost any screen, and it'll slide down. Alternatively, pressing up from any sub-menu will trigger the QuickNav. That means that you can't trigger it in places where there is no submenu, without the mouse that is, but that's just the limitation of my implementation. Still, it's sufficiently universal to be accessible. At least I've found it to be usable and useful.

The submenu widgets are a newer feature of Eminence that I've not introduced into the mod, so it's not a question of return s much as an introduction. The main thing is that I'm not sure how useful they are, given that you can't interact with them. From my testing, the only thing they provide is yet another list of widgets. There's already the Showcase, which I find to be much more useful, and a refreshing change of pace. There are also the Hub widgets, which are all completely clickable.

Mind you, I'm not saying I won't be porting them - as you've said, an option is always nice, and if there is an avowed need, no problem. If I'm honest, it's going to be a process to port it all properly and make sure it works nicely, since a break in a Skin Shortcuts feature can bork the entire ecosystem. I have to test it all out and make sure I don't break anything for the users. But as I'm pressed for time with my work and all, I'm much more focused on polishing bugs and stuff that's more focused and takes less time to execute.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2017-07-20, 11:37)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 10:29)kyuuu Wrote: Hi Alanon, First of all I'm really impressed by your terrific work. Hundreds of customizing options are every KODI user's dream, right? Smile By the way, I just noticed that underthe skin settings-home-customize main menu-submenu", I can't find widget option for submenu. Original Eminence 2 had this so I when I selected submenu with arrow keys I could see individual widgets for each submenus. But for some reason it's not there. Is there any way to bring back submenu widget options?

Thanks.

Hello, glad you're liking the skin! Big Grin

First, the question. You can access the QuickNav in several ways, depending on your controller. If you're a mouse user, just fling the cursor to the top of almost any screen, and it'll slide down. Alternatively, pressing up from any sub-menu will trigger the QuickNav. That means that you can't trigger it in places where there is no submenu, without the mouse that is, but that's just the limitation of my implementation. Still, it's sufficiently universal to be accessible. At least I've found it to be usable and useful.

The submenu widgets are a newer feature of Eminence that I've not introduced into the mod, so it's not a question of return s much as an introduction. The main thing is that I'm not sure how useful they are, given that you can't interact with them. From my testing, the only thing they provide is yet another list of widgets. There's already the Showcase, which I find to be much more useful, and a refreshing change of pace. There are also the Hub widgets, which are all completely clickable.

Mind you, I'm not saying I won't be porting them - as you've said, an option is always nice, and if there is an avowed need, no problem. If I'm honest, it's going to be a process to port it all properly and make sure it works nicely, since a break in a Skin Shortcuts feature can bork the entire ecosystem. I have to test it all out and make sure I don't break anything for the users. But as I'm pressed for time with my work and all, I'm much more focused on polishing bugs and stuff that's more focused and takes less time to execute.

Thanks for a quick reply. I was just worried that I made some mistake during installing/messing with settings. Glad to hear that it's not because of my mistakeSmile I'm gonna take some time and find out optionsBig Grin Thanks for your effort!
(2017-07-19, 22:47)Alanon Wrote: Well, I'll be... Fix one bug, and cause another. Big Grin

There's no need to make anything, there are already complete sets in the skin for USA, UK, France, Germany, Brazil, Hungary and some others. For whatever reason, what you seem to be getting are the German rating icons. (Pretty ugly, I agree) xD

The conditions for the icons include a country prefix, which for some reason isn't present in your setup. You seem to have only the rating, without the country of origin recorded. ie, you have only "12A" listed and not "UK: 12A" or something of the kind. That is the reason you only had the R displayed previously, since it was the only condition that searched for the bare letter R within the rating. If you've scraped the Uk ratings, that should mean you also have the UK somewhere in the rating.

What puzzles me is that the code used for this is pretty old, and it exists in several well-known skins. The ratings have been in use for years, and if something was wrong with the code, there'd be known alterations. That leads me to believe there's something strange going on with the values that were scraped. This might be due to the scraper and/or scraper settings you've used?

If you don't mind perhaps trying to experiment with one or two films with the various scrapers/settings?

Alanon,

I have tried scraping with two different scrapers, The Movie Database & Universal Movie Scraper & both give the same result of the "German" ratings at the bottom. Both scrapers are set to scrape Uk ratings, although the actual option you select is gb for Great Britain on the Movie Database. I also checked the .nfo files I had stored for my database & there is no reference to country for the mpaa rating, it just says <mpaa>Rated 12A</mpaa>. I tried updating the .nfo files in as they were created from Jarvis version but the Krypton version shows the same info, just <mpaa>Rated 12A</mpaa>. I then tried changing the mpaa data in the .nfo file to add the country as you mentioned above but all that was displayed in the skin was "UK: 12A" on the movie info page & the same German logos in the other places.
Also, is there supposed to be a text age rating in the rectangle shown below? I'm sure there used to be & I'm sure I briefly saw a rating on one of the movies when I first started the skin today but nothing is there on any others & I can't find that one movie again.

Cheers, hope this info helps.
(2017-07-20, 12:28)taurus35 Wrote: Alanon,

I have tried scraping with two different scrapers, The Movie Database & Universal Movie Scraper & both give the same result of the "German" ratings at the bottom. Both scrapers are set to scrape Uk ratings, although the actual option you select is gb for Great Britain on the Movie Database. I also checked the .nfo files I had stored for my database & there is no reference to country for the mpaa rating, it just says <mpaa>Rated 12A</mpaa>. I tried updating the .nfo files in as they were created from Jarvis version but the Krypton version shows the same info, just <mpaa>Rated 12A</mpaa>. I then tried changing the mpaa data in the .nfo file to add the country as you mentioned above but all that was displayed in the skin was "UK: 12A" on the movie info page & the same German logos in the other places.
Also, is there supposed to be a text age rating in the rectangle shown below? I'm sure there used to be & I'm sure I briefly saw a rating on one of the movies when I first started the skin today but nothing is there on any others & I can't find that one movie again.

Cheers, hope this info helps.

The text rating should only be there when the rating flags are switched off. It's an attempt at reducing information redundancy in the skin. The idea is to create a dynamic system, where you will only see ratings if they aren't already included in the list of some view. The same goes for the duration - if you switched it off, it should appear right next to the year. Likewise, if you turn on both the flags and duration and use an info view, there'd be nothing to display in the bar except maybe the year. So, only by switching off the flags would you now get the textual version. It has to be done in a clear cut way because there is already a mind boggling amount of conditions required to process the thing as it is. So, you can influence the duration and rating, but not the premiered date and whatnot. There are still some glitches, like the info appearing when you activate another window like the view changer, which might explain what you saw. It's very much a work in progress.

As for the ratings, it just appears that those country values are no longer scraped. I'm not sure, perhaps it's just antiquated code, or there's some regional setting in Kodi that required to be set up in order for this to work? It would be interesting to see if this is broken in other countries as well, and if it is so, how come no one ever complained. It seems to me that the USA, France and other rating conventions are slightly different, just enough to make sure they don't overlap. It's the UK/German ratings that seem to be the problem. Anyways, with regards to a fix, it's pretty straightforward. I've just changed some of the conditions, so now, worst case scenario, the German ratings will be the ones experiencing a strange overlap. xD If you'd like to test it, you can find the file here. (Rightclick and save the link as a file, then paste it into the skin) The one thing I can't fix is the potential overlap for the PG icon. It should be encased in a triangle for the UK, but there's a chance that the USA one will get picked since it's the first in line, and PG is the text for both.

(2017-07-20, 13:47)Alanon Wrote: As for the ratings, it just appears that those country values are no longer scraped. I'm not sure, perhaps it's just antiquated code, or there's some regional setting in Kodi that required to be set up in order for this to work? It would be interesting to see if this is broken in other countries as well, and if it is so, how come no one ever complained. It seems to me that the USA, France and other rating conventions are slightly different, just enough to make sure they don't overlap. It's the UK/German ratings that seem to be the problem. Anyways, with regards to a fix, it's pretty straightforward. I've just changed some of the conditions, so now, worst case scenario, the German ratings will be the ones experiencing a strange overlap. xD If you'd like to test it, you can find the file here. (Rightclick and save the link as a file, then paste it into the skin) The one thing I can't fix is the potential overlap for the PG icon. It should be encased in a triangle for the UK, but there's a chance that the USA one will get picked since it's the first in line, and PG is the text for both.

Alanon,

Thanks for your efforts Big Grin

I managed to copy over the the file you created eventually after much searching. This now seems to work pretty good mostly.
U = U in a triangle
PG = as you say, shows up as a rectangle with an odd font saying PG.
12 = Haven't seen an example yet on my small test library but I'm sure will be OK.
12A = 12A in a circle
15 = 15 in a circle
18 = 18 in a circle
There is one odd rating as well I've come across, an X in a rectangle. Had never heard of it before but it's on IMDb & is the original rating of Alien.

To be honest I would of been happy if it just had the text down the bottom as in the movie info page but the logos look good now....especially if there is a way to get them to be consistant & include all ratings.

Cheers
Hey Alanon,

thanks for your fast fix for the skip steps. I really appreciate it.

I think i found another small bug. The live tv channel window has no option to change to the two row design for every tv channel. Only one row for every tv channel.

Thanks in advance for investigating.
(2017-07-20, 11:14)Alanon Wrote:
(2017-07-20, 01:46)jdig4240 Wrote: Not a big deal, but the rss window is a bit screwy, lol

Hmmm. Not sure what's the problem, the script loads its own resources, so the skin doesn't really do anything. I've checked Eminence as well, it seems that it too has the same problem. Maybe the skins use something that's not standard? I suppose I could just make a custom window that would work?

No, dont waste any time on it. Its not important at all. Only use it for about 2 minutes to set up a feed.
Video 
(2017-07-20, 11:14)Alanon Wrote: That's the intended behaviour, I've just checked, and it works for me? Not sure why it doesn't for you.

here is a short video (10 second) showing what i mean.

I can click down 6 times and it returns to the top but when i click up FROM the top it doesn't return to the bottom

https://streamable.com/ewqrw
also, here is a log link

https://pastebin.com/TrJ81G5M
also, This skin seems to randomly change viewtypes from time to time. even with kiosk mode enabled. Does anyone have any idea what would cause that and how to fix it? It can be really annoying because my non tech inclined friends and family can't figure out how to fix it no matter how many times i explain it.
(2017-07-20, 21:33)wonslung Wrote: also, This skin seems to randomly change viewtypes from time to time. even with kiosk mode enabled. Does anyone have any idea what would cause that and how to fix it? It can be really annoying because my non tech inclined friends and family can't figure out how to fix it no matter how many times i explain it.

First, try to copy this file to the skin folder, and let me know if there's any change with the Showcase?

As for the views, usually, add-ons are to blame. Some of them tend to reset the view for a certain content. Kiosk mode shouldn't change that. However, locking view-types by using the skin mehanism should help.

• 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21