EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.78 Average
Alanon Offline
Fan
(2017-08-16 01:05)chrisjcks Wrote:  Thanks., loving the mod BTW.

The background overlay image does indeed find & search the image, you can select an image from inside the kodi home folder (ie Userdata etc)

What it doesn't do is make that image special:// (which it does for customise home menu/background)

I edited The settings xml of the mod to make it special

As far as I know, there's no difference, special is the home folder, which is the reason why your alteration worked. What is different is that the Skin Helper add-on controls the naming convention for the menu backgrounds, and the skin controls the path display for other images.

(2017-08-16 16:37)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote:  Hi there. I just love this skin and i'm glad you keep updating this great mod.

I have a suggestion though. I would like if you could change the views to work like most views in estuary. And by that i mean when you are scrolling the movie titles, the selection stays in the center of the screen instead of going to the bottom. It stays in the middle of the screen untill the end of the list and then it goes to the bottom one. I think it's better this way so you can see better the movies behind and also the movies that are ahead. The normal way you don't know what the next itens will be. There are some views in this mod that already work like this. It would be better if the other views did the same thing.

Thanks for your work

In this view it already works like i said

https://i.imgur.com/3l0EZw5.jpg

At the moment it's not possible, because all the lists that do not do this are actually sharing the same resource. Although it looks the same, it's not the same in code. I don't really know why that is so, but revising it would require almost rewriting them all. As far as I can see, there's no way to do it quickly or painlessly. Frown

Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the thanks button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
find quote
chrisjcks Offline
(2017-08-16 23:39)Alanon Wrote:  
(2017-08-16 01:05)chrisjcks Wrote:  Thanks., loving the mod BTW.

The background overlay image does indeed find & search the image, you can select an image from inside the kodi home folder (ie Userdata etc)

What it doesn't do is make that image special:// (which it does for customise home menu/background)

I edited The settings xml of the mod to make it special

As far as I know, there's no difference, special is the home folder, which is the reason why your alteration worked. What is different is that the Skin Helper add-on controls the naming convention for the menu backgrounds, and the skin controls the path display for other images.

(2017-08-16 16:37)dr.joaomarcelo Wrote:  Hi there. I just love this skin and i'm glad you keep updating this great mod.

I have a suggestion though. I would like if you could change the views to work like most views in estuary. And by that i mean when you are scrolling the movie titles, the selection stays in the center of the screen instead of going to the bottom. It stays in the middle of the screen untill the end of the list and then it goes to the bottom one. I think it's better this way so you can see better the movies behind and also the movies that are ahead. The normal way you don't know what the next itens will be. There are some views in this mod that already work like this. It would be better if the other views did the same thing.

Thanks for your work

In this view it already works like i said

https://i.imgur.com/3l0EZw5.jpg

At the moment it's not possible, because all the lists that do not do this are actually sharing the same resource. Although it looks the same, it's not the same in code. I don't really know why that is so, but revising it would require almost rewriting them all. As far as I can see, there's no way to do it quickly or painlessly. Frown

Hi, yes - ive made it special by changing the settings.xml but not sure yet if it worked as intended. (until a share a build and do the fresh install)

special://home/ does make a difference in the overlay image, as adding the image through the menu in the skin is not automatically making the image special, i can confirm this image does not keep in the build after a zip/share/fresh install. (hopefully the xml change will fix this for me)

Alanon - im looking at ways to shrink the size of the skin on my build, is it possible to remove the default kodi skins? (estuary/estouchy), to remove default Kodi UI Sounds & to remove all the pre-installed screensavers/visualisations for example that i see such as Asteroids etc - im sure these could save quite a few MB.

on a fresh kodi build, these could all just be uninstalled within the kodi add-on browser, but there is no uninstall option for these on the mod (only enable/disable), so maybe a manual delete within the folders?

(incase you havent already figured out, i have a little touch of OCD lol)

hope you can help & once again - an excellent mod!
(This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 04:06 by chrisjcks.)
find quote
Alanon Offline
Fan
@chrisjcks: The proper way to remove some of those things is not to install them, as there are options within Kodi to skip PVR backends, screensavers, audio, and I believe perhaps one of the skins (the touch one, although that might have been a previous iteration of Kodi). Those things are located within the Kodi folder, so no matter what you do, they will pop back up when you update Kodi itself.

No skin has the rights of going anywhere near the Kodi parent folder, Kodi itself won't grant the options like it does for other elements. Manually deleting is the only way. But again, not sure how useful it would actually be - for example, whenever an unforeseen skin error occurs, Kodi defaults to Estuary. Without it, a whole lot of things could go wrong, and who knows how many safeguards like that exist that we don't even know about.

Bottom line, I think you can safely delete the audio files, screensavers and unnecessary PVR backends because they are definitely optional. However, I'd be very careful with the default skins - perhaps it would be best to leave at least one, just in case. You'd need to test it out, perhaps Kodi defaults to either of the skins available, or perhaps it won't even run without both of them?

Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the thanks button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
find quote