•   
  • 76(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(Yesterday, 16:06)Alanon Wrote: There are two basic styles that you can change in the root skin menu, the same one where you select the skin. The default is the dark one, but there is also a white colour scheme. The dark one is not black, it's mostly transparent, with a subtle dark overlay.

You can further customise various colour settings within a chosen scheme. There are colour options throughout the Skin Settings, and also a section for various colours. You can define them through a selector menu and choose between various colour pallettes.

Keep in mind that all customisable colour entries have a transparency option as well. You can set background, selection, accent tints, panel and widget colours, etc, so it will take you a while to make everything fit just right between various colour combinations.
 Perfect! Thank you so much! I tried to change the colours before like crazy and never even thought about looking at the theme styles in the root skin menu. Thanks for a wicked theme and all your help!
I will donate for assistance. With that being said the EMINENCE skin is what I've been using for the past 3 years and in my opinion is the best skin. But the only thing I personally miss is the option to add fonts. I've noticed that there is a process in licenses permission needed for access to the font setting. I have to admit it is a bit confusing and or just plain overwhelming for me. Please will anyone help me with this hurdle ! S.O.S Thank You.
(Yesterday, 22:02)franking Wrote: I will donate for assistance. With that being said the EMINENCE skin is what I've been using for the past 3 years and in my opinion is the best skin. But the only thing I personally miss is the option to add fonts. I've noticed that there is a process in licenses permission needed for access to the font setting. I have to admit it is a bit confusing and or just plain overwhelming for me. Please will anyone help me with this hurdle ! S.O.S Thank You.
Hello and welcome to the thread! There are several aspects to consider with regards to fonts.

As this is a non-commercial endeavour, I believe we can only use fonts in the public domain / completely free fonts / fonts with a Creative Commons or some other suitable license. Many fonts on the internet have various limitations, and I honestly don't know what policies are in practice, and what potential differences there may be between the various licences and how they tie into Kodi's purpose, or my usage of the fonts as a skinner. That being said, the fonts that are a part of the skin need to have multi language support, as there is no telling what language Kodi users will prefer to use. So it needs to cover various accents, codes, as well as various scripts, not to mention Arabic, Hindi, etc... and there simply aren't too many free fonts that cover all this, and that aren't too bad to look at.

Now, to comment more on your particular situation. There is no way to add a user-configurable setting for fonts. Every font reference used in the skin has to correspond to an entry in the proper file, along with, for example, font size, font case, etc. So in order to add a new font, one has to add a full reference list of entries into the "Font.xml" file, and then make sure that everything fits properly. That is simply how Kodi handles fonts, and that's just the limitation we have to deal with. So, if you have a font that is free, easy to read, and has many, many, many additional characters aside from Latin script, feel free to tell me, and I'll see what I can do.

However, if you wish to change a font for your own personal use, then none of the licensing troubles apply to you. If you wish to change a font yourself, perhaps to use one that only supports English, you can do that fairly easily. All you have to do is substitute the existing .ttf files in the skinfolder/fonts with new files with the same filename. This will instantly change the font throughout the skin. However, if the chosen font is very different (for example, all capital) it might be difficult to read, or some text might seem too large or too small, in which case it might be necessary to tweak the sizes of the appropriate fonts. However, if you pick a font from the same family, there is good chance of there being very little issues. Of course, the only downside to this method is that you'll have to overwrite the fonts every time after a skin update.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the thanks button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
  •   
  • 76(current)

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)4.8312