• 78(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
There are no more logs than that @Alanon . The RPI completely freezes and I just need to do a hard reset. Where can I find more?

It's been a couple of days with the default skin: 0 problem.

What could be wrong?

Cheers.
(2018-05-15, 18:38)tomasiek Wrote: Thanks. I tried different skins, but yours is perfect. What do you say to translate it 100% into a beautiful Polish language (by me, of course - many Polish users use your skin, they would also like the idea of ​translation.)?
Wszak "niechaj narodowie wżdy postronni znają, iż Polacy nie gęsi, iż swój język mają." Smile
Of course! You're more than welcome to translate the skin into Polish. The way you do this is such: you need to take the "strings.po" file that's located inside the "skin.eminence.2.mod.Krypton\language\English" folder and copy it somewhere else. Then, you need to open that file with any text editor. You will need to translate every particular string in that file by adding your Polish translation directly below the English version (you need to place the translation between the empty quotation marks that are below the English strings).

If you need to test your translation, to make sure that the context is correct, you'll have to go through a few more steps. First, create a folder called Polish in the languages folder and copy your modified strings file inside. Then, change the language header in your modified file from "Language: fr\n" into "Language: pl\n". After these alterations, if you change your Kodi language to Polish, it should display your translations properly. When you're finished, send the file to me, and I'll integrate it into the skin.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Smile I know perfectly how the translation process works ... I already have 80% translated, but I want to improve it a bit further.
@SamuraiCoder Your logs don't really show me anything that might cause this issue. There are some errors with retrieving the IPTV backend, but that shouldn't really cause any crashes. The problem is that I don't use PVR, so I can only test things on the demo PVR client, which in turn means that I can't switch between backends to try and reproduce the issue, so I really need some logs to know where to start looking. Kodi automatically runs a log, and crashes shouldn't influence that. By default, logs are recorded in the root of the installation directory and are named "kodi.log" or "kodi.old.log". If you can, reproduce the crash, then go and see if there are any logs. If a log exists, paste it on pastebin or wherever, and we'll take it from there. 

@curael I forgot to mention a couple of things you could try. First, you can try to reset all the skin settings, and play a file. Basically, you can just go to the skin userdata, remove the settings.xml and then start Kodi - if the experiment fails, you can always return the file and get back all the settings. It might be that there's some legacy renegade setting that causes this issue, and the skin gets confused. Another thing that you might try is fiddling with the visibility conditions for the backgrounds - go to Includes_Furniture.xml line 643 and below. It just might be that a modification of a condition might do the trick for you? You can even try deleting one of the later image controls and see if it helps.

I've done some digging, and I've found some differences in the original skins' implementation, in that it places a dummy image at the forefront, even before the video itself. Now, I have no idea why this is so, but it might be the reason why it works for you. If you're willing to test it, you can paste the following code in the Includes_Furniture.xml, before the videowindow (immediately below line 643). That ought to add the fake poster into the mix.

xml:
        <control type="image">
            <width>1</width>
            <height>1</height>
            <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="0" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            <texture background="true">$VAR[Image_Poster]</texture>
        </control>

@tomasiek Great! Let me know when you're finished. Smile

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
Love the skin! Keep up the good work
Quote:@SamuraiCoder Your logs don't really show me anything that might cause this issue. There are some errors with retrieving the IPTV backend, but that shouldn't really cause any crashes. The problem is that I don't use PVR, so I can only test things on the demo PVR client, which in turn means that I can't switch between backends to try and reproduce the issue, so I really need some logs to know where to start looking. Kodi automatically runs a log, and crashes shouldn't influence that. By default, logs are recorded in the root of the installation directory and are named "kodi.log" or "kodi.old.log". If you can, reproduce the crash, then go and see if there are any logs. If a log exists, paste it on pastebin or wherever, and we'll take it from there. 

The log that I posted are the Kodi.log. Maybe you can try another IPTV service or something. 

It's been a while since and with the default skin no reboots.

Cheers.
Hi alanon
R u familiar with the emenince abeksis mod?
(2018-05-14, 16:27)tomasiek Wrote: In the original eminence, after selecting the widget "Default widgets-> Skin Helper Service Widgets -> PVR -> Recently played ..." the widget shows the title of the program. The eminence mod shows the name of the channel.

Eminence2 mod (TVP 1 - it's channel name):
Eminence2 (Leśniczówka - it's title):
Is it possible to show the title of the program and not the name of the channel?
 Tadaaaam:
In Includes_label.xml after line 664 add:
        <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(Container(9001).ListItem.Title)">$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Title]</value>
Version 2.5.3 should be up soon.

After many requests, I've decided to move to Leia nightly in the following weeks and begin the process of porting the skin. I hope to have basic functionality ported and ready for testing in a week or so (that is to say, all the features of the Krypton skin working). New Leia features like games support and music management will come in due course, once I've figured out the details.

Since there's no practical way of maintaining several Kodi installations at the same time, that means that Leia will become my main driver, with all future feature developments based on it. I hope that by this point the Krypton version has become stable enough that those who do not want to switch to Leia yet can use it comfortably.

Love this skin, still getting to grips with it.
Currently have it on LElec.

Something that puzzles me.
On the customise main menu , R click any menu allows one to restore the menu.
On the orig eminence, one has an option  to only restore the items which you have removed, on  E2mod the entire menu is restored.
Have i missed something here?
(2018-05-25, 20:26)Alanon Wrote: Version 2.5.3 should be up soon.

After many requests, I've decided to move to Leia nightly in the following weeks and begin the process of porting the skin. I hope to have basic functionality ported and ready for testing in a week or so (that is to say, all the features of the Krypton skin working). New Leia features like games support and music management will come in due course, once I've figured out the details.

Since there's no practical way of maintaining several Kodi installations at the same time, that means that Leia will become my main driver, with all future feature developments based on it. I hope that by this point the Krypton version has become stable enough that those who do not want to switch to Leia yet can use it comfortably.
Great news.
Been running LE Beta and miss your skin!
Ok, so the GitHub repo should now contain the preliminary skin version for Leia. Everyone should update the repo to version 1.0.2 and hopefully see their version of Eminence inside? Krypton users should see the old Eminence 2.0 MOD, while Leia users ought to see Eminence 2 MOD? For some reason, on my end, I can see both at the same time. The process of upgrading the repo to support both versions of Kodi has not been pleasant, so I hope to fix this annoyance at some point, but for now, I'd like to know if the current system works or not, so please report. If all else fails, you can find the direct link to the Leia version here. The OP will be updated accordingly with all relevant information, as always.

Now, a further point concerning updates and such. The nightly builds rhythm is not particularly good, as there are instances where changes to skinning features go unnoticed, and things can break randomly from one build to the next. I'll play catchup as best I can, but it's simply not going to be as stable as stable versions of Kodi. For instance, I've already noticed that the last nightly build has broken some things, and I've no idea why. As things did work previously, I presume that it's either a glitch or a new skinning change that has yet to appear in the appropriate thread. So, instead of wasting time and blindly trying to fix stuff as soon as something breaks, I've decided to adopt a slower pace, that will hopefully be more stable for end users, and for myself, as I do wish to use Kodi. So, I've personally reverted to the nightly build from May 1st, the build with this filename: KodiSetup-20180601-7831ed96-master-x64. I'll be staying on that build until further info has become available. 

There are also issues with Leia that have little to do with skinning and still cause usability issues. For example, hard-crashes when restarting skins are a known bug. Changing the main menu type requires a skin restart, and on my machine that always triggers a hard crash. It might be completely different on other machines, builds or operating systems. Regardless, until something about these crashes is fixed inside Leia, changing such settings will have to be done either by restoring a skin backup or by manually changing the settings in the settings.xml. Fortunately, that's the only serious bug I've been able to detect. All skin features should work as they did on Krypton, with Leia-specific features to hopefully come in due course.

installed and working fine
the broken strings bug been fixed now btw
Nobody?
Re my question above
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21