• 106(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
Hi,

I want to do some changes on the skin but i have 2 devices with kodi and when i want to do backup file and transfer to the other device and to do restore for the change i get error.
Its start when kodi update to v18.

Please help me.

Thanks a lot!
@envee Yup, the hitrect function is pretty much what you're looking for. With regards to info on click, it's already set up to search extended info for all titles that aren't in the library. No guarantees, but you might try to run extendedinfo directly and use the DBID as a search parameter? Oh, and if you'd like to go vertical, you can just disable the "Home_Vertical_Animate" and the vertical menu will no longer slide about. It works best if you don't conceal the widget posters, but it will function regardless.

@looks I haven't updated the skin for the latest version of the add-on. Either revert to an older version of the addon or simply delete the script-globalsearch.xml from the skin folder.

@nati086 The skin has nothing to do with the backup process, it merely calls an add-on that handles everything. The process works fine on my end, I've just made a successful backup and then a successful restore of the settings. Make sure that you have all the prerequisite add-ons, dependencies and plugins installed properly. Then, make sure that you've set up a backup location to where you have write permissions (depending on the device, it may be an issue). If everything I've mentioned is in order, then post a link to a debug log and ill take a look.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
@Alanon Thanx, now works the search button in the submenu. Now it is searching for movies. Is it possible to have first option to choose like search for Actors, directors, movies...? In the Movie part there are view options like view(grid, poster...), sort by and more things, all are working except the search button. I was looking in the skin settings and other parts, but I can't find a part where I can change this View Option. How I can change it and where I must do it? I hope you can help me a littel bit more, thanks
@Alanon I am using kodi and your skin on Windows 10 and on Raspberry Pi (libreelec). At first I configure all at windows 10 and then I go to rapberyy Pi and male there the same changes. Yesterday I updated windows 10 to Kodi 18.1 and also Rasperberry Pi to Libreelec 9.0.1. On Windows 10 works all fine, like before, but on Libreelec I have the problem that I can't go into the submenu of the homemenues. all the other part like backgroound ... are working. Do you know this problem or can youi help me to fix it?

edit: I tried it with Yatse and Kore App on android. It is very strange, because it was working fine and with this 2 apps. All the rest of the skin settings are working.
Hey,
I recently upgraded to kodi 18, a few weeks ago, the sceen broke, I tied to fixing it by upgrading the lateset skin, did not help.

I tried to install from fresh, did not work.

simpleeval is missing.

Is there any soultion for this? Is it necessary to Lia?
Hi Everybody,

I have Kodi on Windows 10 and Raspberry Pi (Libreelec). First I make all the settings of Eminence 2 mod skin on Windows 10 and then I make the same at Raspberry Pi. In the settings is the option under "extras" - "backup /restore skin settings".
Now I ask me and you, is it possible to copy the backup of the skin settings under windows 10 and restore it under libreelec without problems and with the same result like in windows 10?
I am not sure, if all options works in both systems. Maybe somebody has experience with this and can help me.

Greetings
Looks
@looks Regarding search - I don't know exactly, if there are any additional options, they must come from the add-on itself. Try looking through the options inside the add-on settings, or in the side menu that appears in the search results window. If different functions exist in the add-on, the default window skin must support them somehow, and it has to be somewhere in those two places.

Now about backups - the skin has absolutely nothing to do with the functionality of the backup, it only triggers the add-on and it does its thing. If there is an incompatibility with LibreElec, there ought to be something mentioned in the official thread. The way to transfer a backup would be something like this: 

1. Download the zip file created by your Windows backup and move it to your other installation, to a place where you have all read/write permissions. (On Windows, the zip file is saved at AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.skin.helper.skinbackup\xyz.zip by default).
2. Boot up Kodi and go to Backup / Restore, enter add-on settings and change "Default backup path" to point to the location where you copied your zip. I have no idea about permissions and file access on LibreElec, but the safest option would be to change the default location to somewhere where you have full access.
3. If everything was done correctly, you should see the backup listed when you open the Backup / Restore window again. 

@lioris89 You installed the wrong version of the skinshortcuts add-on. You need to follow the instructions from the first post and download the two repositories. Then install the required add-ons from marcelveldt's beta repository, if you do that, the skin will install properly. The procedure is the same on Leia.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
@Alanon  - Fantastic work!  This is exactly what I was looking for: simple, fast and elegant.  The only issue that I've been encountering is a hard crash when I use "Show showcase widget on down" but there's nothing in the Movies directory.  I get a hard crash. But, it's avoidable by just not doing that.
@alanon: Thanks for your help. Searching: I had this in the action of the menu: "Run Script(Script.globalsearch, tvshows=true&episodes=true&movies=true)", now I changed to: "Run Script(Script.globalsearch)" and also I have all option in the Global.search addon marked and I can now search for director, movie, actor and more.
About Skin Settings backup. I wasn't sure that this can work, but with your manual I will test it, thanks.
The ohter Question that I had before about the view options in the movie part. Is it possible to setting up this? I would like to change the order of view(grid, poster...), sort by.... and the search is there not working. When I click on it nothing happen. When I have acess to this "submenu" I would be able to change it.
thanks a lot for your great work und quick help, greetings Looks
Hi, where can I see screenshots of this mod?

The truth is that I love this skin, I use it in the wizard that I have, brings it as an option, but I feel sorry that they have a little abandoned by others.

When is the last update?

Best regards
@Erickmurillo There's a gallery with some screenshots in the first post, but there are some features I've added in the meantime that are not included in that album. I made the last update about two months ago, and another is underway. If you're getting this skin from a build and you want to update, you have to make sure that there are no heavy modifications and presets included there that the update might remove. For reference, the latest published version of this mod at the time of writing is 3.0.4.

@looks Could you repeat the question? I'm not sure what feature you are looking for? Smile

@Alanon Ok ... accessing from the PC I could see the gallery. You will be able to update the gallery or make a video where you can appreciate how it will be with the new version that you will get and with all new features? The truth is that I have never installed a skin that does not come installed with a wizard, I am afraid that it will be very difficult for me to make it work fully and know how to configure everything ...
@alanon: sorry for my bad english, I will try to explain my question now better. In Kodi in the main menu I have the department "movies" and when I go into this department I have a gridview with all the posters of my movies. This I can change in the "view options". Where I can change this "view optios" like the "submenues" in the "skin settings -> customise home menu"? I can't find a setting option for this "view options". Maybe it is not part of the skin and it is fix installed in the kodi. I hope you understand me now better and you can help me.
The Skin Settings Backup I had copied without problems to my Raspeberry Pi, thanks.
Greetings Looks
Can anyone please tell me how to downloadl "script.module.simpleeval" for kodi 18. I cannot install Eminence 2 mod cause I keep getting the Dependency error. Googled and got the link to github but says "file not found".
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2808714

Is there another way to download this dependency? I'm using Shield.

Thanks for any help.
(2019-03-23, 20:00)insync44 Wrote: Can anyone please tell me how to downloadl "script.module.simpleeval" for kodi 18. I cannot install Eminence 2 mod cause I keep getting the Dependency error. Googled and got the link to github but says "file not found".
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2808714

Is there another way to download this dependency? I'm using Shield.

Thanks for any help.
Install the skin from Alanons repo and it will work as long as you followed the instructions in the first post by installing the needed dependency repos first.
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21