• 107(current)
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)
(2018-07-10, 13:03)Alanon Wrote:
(2018-07-10, 12:14)barev Wrote: @Alanon , thanks again for your support. You're right, the widget works fine now.
As for the errors I understand, still I am wondering is there any kodi option to at least disable those errors from popping up in the GUI, I can live with them in the log but it is rather irritating with the pop-up and sound in the GUI every time I open an add-on ...
Not really, it's just a consequence of how the add-ons interact with the skins' implementation. There's nothing really wrong with the way the skin or Kodi handle this, it's just that those particular add-ons don't really support it for some reason. If the code were that exotic, it would have been a widespread issue. The ideal solution would be better-written add-ons, but since that's unrealistic, you can disable it yourself by editing some code in the skin.

You need to navigate to a skin file called MyVideoNav.xml and comment out line 203. In the end, it should look like this: <!-- <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrafanart/]</imagepath> -->.  Alternatively, you can just delete that entire line and then save the file. This ought to remove the file check that seems to cause the errors. However, keep in mind that you'll have to do this after every skin update, but it's not that bad as it's a quick fix. 
Alanon, im having the same issue with the error "Error getting plugin://extrafanart/" on Open Meta addon. Only in this skin, estuary has no error. Is there a similar line I can edit out in the Leia version of the skin to hide the error? Addon works fine but tht error just keeps popping up every few seconds. Thanks!!
Also, Alanon, if I can pick your brain a bit. Love the custom Hubs, and im getting really obsessive about using them. Im using them for just about everything. I used to use Superfavourites, but since SF doesnt work correctly in Leia, ive been using the hubs as a replacement. Guess what, I ran out of hubs! So ive been trying to create additional hubs in the skin. So far i see I have made some additional Custom_Hub_xxxx.xml in the 16x9 section. I also see in script-shortcuts.xml where I can create the additional <include content="Defs_Shortcuts_SetHub"> entries and rename and up the values. I think im correct so far, trying to figure out what else need to be added to what .xml. I see some possibility in Includes_Window.xml that might need some additions. If you have time can you give me some pointers? Would be greatly appreciated. Your always SUPER helpful with this stuff. I think im getting there, lol.
Thanks will try.
@Erickmurillo You can install the skin by following the instructions from the first post, everything is explained there. You can also go to the Kodi forum wiki and familiarize yourself with the standard practices that work with Kodi settings. This will help you greatly with understanding how to manage plug-ins, dependencies and how to set up everything properly. 

@looks I'm not sure what you need to change. The view selector has no available visual options. It was designed from the ground up for the skin, so any alteration would have to be done in code. The only options you have in the view selector are to lock certain views for certain media (for example, you can lock the poster grid to movies), and the option to turn off some views and make them disappear from the list.
Eminence 2 MOD, Revived & Improved

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
@jdig4240 If memory serves, it's one of the legacy background image checks in the variable that cause this error (I think it's multiimage id 4440). Basically, the control in MyVideoNav.xml (or it's corresponding reference in the Image_Background variable inside Includes_Image.xml) check the media filepath for the presence of an extrafanart folder, and display whatever is inside. I seem to remember someone requesting that particular feature a while back. Anyway, removing the line in the image variable and/or the multiimage code should eliminate the error entries. 

My, my, that's a lot of hubs! You're spot on about the two locations and just scaling up all the reference numbers. The only thing to be mindful of is to check beforehand if the button id's you intend to add to the Defs_Shortcuts_SetHub are unique and unused. I haven't tinkered with the hubs in a loong time, so I'm probably a bit rusty too. From the top of my head, to finish the job you'll need to look into Includes_Defs.xml, Includes_Label.xml, Home.xml and SkinSettings.xml. 

First, look for Defs_Hub_Widget and Defs_Hub_Widget_Target and just replicate the code while changing only the reference numbers. (Now that I look into it, I see that I missed this particular step the last time I added some hubs... I'll be sure to fix that for the next update) This should make widgets interactive. Then, look for Label_Hub_WidgetType and replicate the code the same way (that should display the proper names of your widgets).

Finally, the two remaining additions are the same. Look for the script.skinshortcuts calls at the beginning of both Home and Skin settings files and add in the id's of your newly added groups divided by those straight lines. That should ensure that the script loads the placeholders and gives you access to edit them in their corresponding menus, and will also reset/reload them after skin setting changes.

Hopefully, that covers it and there won't be any catastrophic errors.

If you've found me helpful, eh, maybe press the Like button? If you like, you can click here for donations. :)
(2019-03-26, 21:11)Alanon Wrote: @jdig4240 If memory serves, it's one of the legacy background image checks in the variable that cause this error (I think it's multiimage id 4440). Basically, the control in MyVideoNav.xml (or it's corresponding reference in the Image_Background variable inside Includes_Image.xml) check the media filepath for the presence of an extrafanart folder, and display whatever is inside. I seem to remember someone requesting that particular feature a while back. Anyway, removing the line in the image variable and/or the multiimage code should eliminate the error entries. 

My, my, that's a lot of hubs! You're spot on about the two locations and just scaling up all the reference numbers. The only thing to be mindful of is to check beforehand if the button id's you intend to add to the Defs_Shortcuts_SetHub are unique and unused. I haven't tinkered with the hubs in a loong time, so I'm probably a bit rusty too. From the top of my head, to finish the job you'll need to look into Includes_Defs.xml, Includes_Label.xml, Home.xml and SkinSettings.xml. 

First, look for Defs_Hub_Widget and Defs_Hub_Widget_Target and just replicate the code while changing only the reference numbers. (Now that I look into it, I see that I missed this particular step the last time I added some hubs... I'll be sure to fix that for the next update) This should make widgets interactive. Then, look for Label_Hub_WidgetType and replicate the code the same way (that should display the proper names of your widgets).

Finally, the two remaining additions are the same. Look for the script.skinshortcuts calls at the beginning of both Home and Skin settings files and add in the id's of your newly added groups divided by those straight lines. That should ensure that the script loads the placeholders and gives you access to edit them in their corresponding menus, and will also reset/reload them after skin setting changes.

Thanks man, appreciate the help. Ill have another go at it after work. Thank you!
(2019-03-26, 21:11)Alanon Wrote: @jdig4240 If memory serves, it's one of the legacy background image checks in the variable that cause this error (I think it's multiimage id 4440). Basically, the control in MyVideoNav.xml (or it's corresponding reference in the Image_Background variable inside Includes_Image.xml) check the media filepath for the presence of an extrafanart folder, and display whatever is inside. I seem to remember someone requesting that particular feature a while back. Anyway, removing the line in the image variable and/or the multiimage code should eliminate the error entries. 

Oh, and after I make the edits, will i need to actually reinstall the skin before the changes will show, (Maybe to write the changes to skinshorcuts) ? Or will a restart be good enough to see the new hub options? Wasnt sure if i needed to actually zip of the skin with the edits and reinstall before seeing the changes or not.
(2019-03-26, 01:46)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2019-03-23, 20:00)insync44 Wrote: Can anyone please tell me how to downloadl "script.module.simpleeval" for kodi 18. I cannot install Eminence 2 mod cause I keep getting the Dependency error. Googled and got the link to github but says "file not found".
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid2808714

Is there another way to download this dependency? I'm using Shield.

Thanks for any help.
Install the skin from Alanons repo and it will work as long as you followed the instructions in the first post by installing the needed dependency repos first. 
Did everything from the first Post. However the Alanons Repo will not install. Can't for the life of me figure out the problem except I get the same error notification.
All the other Skins install withe exception of the Eminence mod. Even the normal Eminence 2.0 installs. Its really frustrating.
(2019-03-27, 02:26)insync44 Wrote: Did everything from the first Post. However the Alanons Repo will not install. Can't for the life of me figure out the problem except I get the same error notification.
All the other Skins install withe exception of the Eminence mod. Even the normal Eminence 2.0 installs. Its really frustrating.

You should be able to install the skin from a zip manually, without a repo, although it is very strange that you're unable to install it. There's nothing special about it.

As long as you make sure that you have marcel's beta repo installed, and install script.skinshortcuts from there and NOT the official repo, you won't get the eval script dependency error.

(2019-03-26, 20:46)Alanon Wrote: @looks I'm not sure what you need to change. The view selector has no available visual options. It was designed from the ground up for the skin, so any alteration would have to be done in code. The only options you have in the view selector are to lock certain views for certain media (for example, you can lock the poster grid to movies), and the option to turn off some views and make them disappear from the list.
Hi Alanon,
I have the same problem that I had in the submenu of your Skin, the search option does not work. On submenu now is the search working after deleting the global search script. When I put on search option nothing change, all the other options works fine. I thought maybe when I can go into a settings option I can use the code like in the skin submenu for making this search boutton work. When it is not possible to make this button working, then I would like to delet in this part the search button. greetings looks
(2019-03-11, 22:24)Alanon Wrote: @cemmec You're looking for Includes_Label.xml, specifically "Label_HomeWidget_Info". The items listed under that variable are combinations of elements conditioned upon which are or aren't available. Incidentally, that's also the place to alter the duration code. Basically, you'll have to tinker around a bit and remove all the IMDb references and then clean up and remove the entries made redundant by the removal of IMDb. As far as scrolling goes, it appears to be a windows issue, and as of yet I can't figure out the cause, but I'm working on it...

Hi @Alanon could you figured out the scrolling issue?

Thanks!
Can someone step me through the process of changing my spotlight so it only displays unwatched movies? I don't see any mention of Spotlight in the settings page. I'm starting to suspect that Spotlight is often used interchangeably with Showcase and that's where my confusion sets in.

I've been looking for this for what seems like ages. I'm finally to the point where I admit defeat and ask for help.

Also, while I'm asking stupid questions I might just as well go all in...re:"Customize QuickNav Shortcuts". How do I open QuickNav? Perhaps I don't understand what is is, but I just cannot find how to use it.
@cemmec Sadly, no success...

@rajones007 Spotlight is just a simple random movie widget with a fancy name. Smile In turn, most widgets are just Kodi smart playlists with a fancy name. There is no way to change the "rules" for any of the widgets from within the skin, but if you really want, you can still edit them by going through the skin files. I wouldn't recommend it, as you do have several easier options.

First, there is already a dedicated unwatched movies widget among the options you have. So, you can simply click on Customize main menu and set the widget to the unwatched movies option for all the menus where you want it to be shown. If you don't like that, you can also replace the spotlight widget completely at Widgets/Fallback widget. By default, spotlight only appears when no separate widgets are configured for menu items. When you set unwatched movies as the fallback, that will effectively remove spotlight and put that in its place.

As far as QuickNav, you need to add something to it in order for it to show up, it's empty by default. Also, to make it go away, simply delete all the shortcuts in it. When you add some menu entries, it should always be around near the top of the screen. If you're a mouse user, that will be the easiest way of calling it. If you use a remote, the easiest way of getting to it is to press up when you're in the standard options menu. It should be available in about 90% of the screens throughout the skin.

(2019-03-27, 02:40)Alanon Wrote:
(2019-03-27, 02:26)insync44 Wrote: Did everything from the first Post. However the Alanons Repo will not install. Can't for the life of me figure out the problem except I get the same error notification.

You should be able to install the skin from a zip manually, without a repo, although it is very strange that you're unable to install it. There's nothing special about it.

As long as you make sure that you have marcel's beta repo installed, and install script.skinshortcuts from there and NOT the official repo, you won't get the eval script dependency error. 
I can confirm that the skin fails to install as a zip, even with the needed repos installed. (simplevaal error). Not sure what the difference is and works
by installing from your repo.
(2019-04-02, 18:31)jdig4240 Wrote: I can confirm that the skin fails to install as a zip, even with the needed repos installed. (simplevaal error). Not sure what the difference is and works
by installing from your repo. 

Ah, I can see the problem now. The last link from the first post zips up the freshest files from the live GitHub folder where I upload my changes. That's the freshest, WIP version of the skin, and can cause issues that the repo/archive versions don't have since I periodically upload changes that might break the skin. Anyway, that link's gone now, so hopefully that will dispense with the confusion.

• 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMINENCE 2 MOD (REVIVED)21