Bug xbmc.service starting twice
ive noticed on kodi17(not sure about any of the RC's as i notice it until later) that when u install an addon from zip it runs the <extension point="xbmc.service" library="startup.py" start="startup" /> twice within a second of each other.
Bump

Sent from my SM-N920V
Exclamation 
Hi guys,

I would like to "bump" this thread since there was no answer to it.

I have developed and released an add-on (Light IMDb Ratings Update) that runs as a service to update Movies and TV Shows ratings. As already said by Surfacingx, when installing the add-on from the .zip file, the add-on itself is launched two times...In order to have the normal behaviour (i.e. the service is launched just once), I have to close Kodi and reopen it again. So I guess the issue is related to the installation procedure (both Kodi 17.x and 18 alpha are effected).

My addon.xml file includes the following line:

Code:
<extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" />

Can you please provide a feedback as soon as possible? Thanks a lot in advance!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Mind filing a new bug ticket so we don't forget about it?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2017-06-16, 14:13)mkortstiege Wrote: Mind filing a new bug ticket so we don't forget about it?

Thanks a lot for the prompt response mkortstiege...I'm going to open the ticket in a while.

Have a great day!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
You're welcome. From a brief look we're indeed starting service addons twice. I'll ping the team members doing the addon work.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Really appreciated!
Hi mkortstiege,

Just to notify that I have opened the ticket. Do you think that the information reported are clear enough?
Jep, that's fine. Thanks!
Hi mkortstiege,

Just to notify that the bug has been solved on Kodi 18 nightly (for Widows; I'm not able to check on other platforms) but is still present on 17.4 nightly for Windows and Android (at least...).

I have opened another tiket. Please check if everything is ok.

Thanks,

Alex
Won't be fixed in 17.4
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the notification.

Have a nice day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc.service starting twice0