Solved Sound drop, sound in and out on movies
Music 
Hello All, I am new here and to Kodi in general. I've learned a lot from different You-tubers and articles written online. However I can not find anything on how to solve an issue I have with the sound on movies dropping out for a half sec and then back. This seems to occur every 20 secs or so and becomes extremely annoying. I've tried so many various setting in the audio that I have completely lost track. I am using Kodi 17.0 on an Android box.

these are my current advanced settings:
<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>139460608</cachemembuffersize>
<curlclienttimeout>15</curlclienttimeout>
<curllowspeedtime>15</curllowspeedtime>
<readfactor>5.0</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

Let me know if there is other info I need to provide...
Thank you![/color]
argh!

Quote:learned a lot from different You-tubers

that's aweful.... Check in settings>player>videos>sync playback to display (toggle off) and see what does for you. Otherwise we'll need a proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and linked to this thread.

[Edit Moving] This is basically and Android audio issue, not a video support problem.
I will try that tonight, could it just be a 17.0 issue? I've heard many comments that people are going back to 16.1 because of all the glitches in 17.0.
Any truth to this?

Also, what kind of log to you need? There are no errors thrown so nothing shows up in the error log. I am also not familiar with "public pastebins" is there one people usually use.
Thanks for your time and patience.
Hmmmm... sounds familiar to a problem I had. What type of box are you using and what are the specs? Curious - is this DTS and AC3 drop outs only? Or does all audio drop out?
This could have more to do with your settings, # of channels, how the sound system is handling etc. You might just try tweaking various settings, it's not like you'll lose anything. Check the wiki Audio troubleshooting (wiki) Audio quickstart guide (wiki) and Audio (wiki) and here's the thread that is most applicable. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

pastebin.com is most used, once debugging is turned on, there is always errors in the log.
I have a MBOX Android 5.1TV Box Amlogic S905 Quad 64 ARM Cortex A53 CPU, 1G DDR3 +8G eMMC Flash, Support UHD 2k x 4K , HDMI 2.0 port, 1G ethernet.
I have a Samsung TV running HDMI to the MBOX and optical out to a JBL soundbar w/Sub. Currently I have all DSP disabled, DTS and AC3 are off.
I've tried running on 2.0 and 2.1. I have tried tweaking all kinds of different settings and combinations of setting with no luck.
I have also been through all of the wiki info above.
I will turn on debugging tonight and see if I can pull any useful info out of this thing.
If I don't get this solved my wife is going to make me go back to cable! NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
So I have this similar issue when I play HD Audio (Atmos and other HD Audio Formats). For example, lets say when "Universal Studios" is spinning around the globe, whatever audio they have drops out twice about 5-10 seconds in. The drop just sounds like a stutter. This does not happen when test using SPMC or PLEX. I have the newest Shield TV running Kodi 17.0 (Krypton) and a Denon Receiver. I have checked the wikis, adjusted settings as mentioned in this and other post. Also ensured the settings for sync video playback is OFF.

I am just confused why in SPMC it works fine and KODI 17, it doesn't?

Let me know if you need any additional information or screenshots of my setup.

Thank you!
Wrxtasy is going to tell you (most) AMLogic boxes are sh-t Smile I have a Amlogic S912 with the same CPU as Left, and 2 GB of RAM running a custom rom. Well if everything works just fine in SPMC / KODI v16 but doesn't in Krypton I'd say it was due to crappy AMlogic S9xxx firmware. KODI changed the way they handled audio in 17 which now uses the official Android API. The "old" way that "worked" in 16.x / SPMC is considered a hack (and potentially dangerous) and not used anymore.

I'm not saying this is definitely your issue but I had these similiar problems where I would get interrupted sound every 10 seconds for the duration of the video. What worked for me (besides a custom firmware) was using the "shitty" build of Kyrpton (which is effectively new KODI with old audio hack from 16.1) - download here -- http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk. This gave me seamless passthrough and allowed me to use Krypton.

See if that works
Oh and the config should be 2.0, AC3 Enabled, DTS Enabled, Passthrough Enabled. Thats it. And to be clear I run HDMI to my LED TV and TOSLINK Optical out to my Yammy AVR. Most of my content is 1080p MKV with DTS 5.1. And mine works great with Krypton now.
ok so if a AMlogic box is sh-tty hardwear, what is the suggested "good" hardware?
Funny you should ask -- http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916 Smile
(2017-02-22, 19:54)LeftHandy Wrote: I have a MBOX Android 5.1TV Box Amlogic S905 Quad 64 ARM Cortex A53 CPU, 1G DDR3 +8G eMMC Flash, Support UHD 2k x 4K , HDMI 2.0 port, 1G ethernet.
You will be running around like a headless chicken trying to get Android Kodi on AMLogic S905 Hardware working like you want it too. Particularly on a box that very likely has unsupported Firmware.

Solution. (for a very very nice version of Kodi Krypton)
Give up and install - repeat after me now everyone - LibreELEC Kodi Krypton on to a Samsung EVO or Sandisk UHS-1 Class10 micro SDHC card.
This can even be a dual boot setup and retain Android Internally.

Instructions here:
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread-5274.html

(2017-02-22, 21:09)Jokerchyld Wrote: I'm not saying this is definitely your issue but I had these similiar problems where I would get interrupted sound every 10 seconds for the duration of the video. What worked for me (besides a custom firmware) was using the "shitty" build of Kyrpton (which is effectively new KODI with old audio hack from 16.1) - download here -- http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk. This gave me seamless passthrough and allowed me to use Krypton.

See if that works

Thanks this option did fix my issue.
@LeftHandy

I have the excat same Issue with a MINIX Box. I tried playing a DTS file via USB and is seems OK. The mentioned Solution is no avaiable anymore tho.

Maybe this is a Problem how Kodi Streams Files over the Network ?

Strange that isn't tackled in the new Versions ?
I know this is an old post but the issue still seems to be prevalent & I thought I would comment as I found a solution to it that's worked for me on Kodi 17.6

I recently updated my Kodi Box it's only an MX10 but was originally running Android 7.1, I discovered there was a Android factory update via USB & factory update program so I went ahead & updated it to 8.1 Oreo via PC after the update I had nothing but problems (various) so I decided to revert it back to 7.1 & needed to re-install Kodi etc, I might add I had no sound issue before I did the update. 

I tired everything recommended in the Audio settings to fix the sound dropping out every few minutes, I would also note it wasn't anything to do with hardware, add-ons or slow bandwidth as it worked fine before I messed with the f/w 

The fix I found was really only from general knowledge of Android OS as I do lot of phone modding & rooting etc, all it was was the cache on the actual app in main Android OS needed clearing, NOT inside Kodi but in the apps menu of Android settings, since I cleared it, then force closed Kodi & rebooted it, it's been working prefect! I hope this helps someone else as I scoured the web looking for a solution for two days with no avail Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound drop, sound in and out on movies0