New Kodi Database Format
I am just curios as to why, when Kodi pushes an "upgrade", the shared database format is changed making it incompatible with previous versions. I have an Android TV box running one instance of Kodi and a Pi running another. I have been using a shared database between them. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of letting the Pi update and now I have a broken system that is unable to share the database. Since I cannot update the Android Kodi, I am going to have to wipe the pi and reinstall an older version. This is like upgrading Microsoft Word rendering it unable to read-write files created with a previous version!

I know it's my fault for breaking my own rule - if it's ain't broke don't fix it - but still... meh. 16 works just fine for me anyway.
Well, when going +1 on version, there are actual changes under the hood, you know, including ones requiring database changes Wink
Why can't you update Kodi on the Android box?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2017-02-22, 09:59)speedwell68 Wrote: Why can't you update Kodi on the Android box?

I really don't know. There is a [Kodi Update] icon, but it says it can't connect to the server or something like that.
(2017-02-22, 10:25)rebeltaz21 Wrote: I really don't know. There is a [Kodi Update] icon, but it says it can't connect to the server or something like that.

We don't have anything that's called [Kodi Update].
What are you using?
(2017-02-22, 10:25)rebeltaz21 Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 09:59)speedwell68 Wrote: Why can't you update Kodi on the Android box?

I really don't know. There is a [Kodi Update] icon, but it says it can't connect to the server or something like that.

Is this in the Google Play store app?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
go to google play store and install Kodi from there. There is no need to use any "kodi updater" add-on or whatever
(2017-02-22, 10:32)Koying Wrote:
(2017-02-22, 10:25)rebeltaz21 Wrote: I really don't know. There is a [Kodi Update] icon, but it says it can't connect to the server or something like that.

We don't have anything that's called [Kodi Update].
What are you using?

This - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GFP73MG
(2017-02-22, 15:07)da-anda Wrote: go to google play store and install Kodi from there. There is no need to use any "kodi updater" add-on or whatever

meh.... It's working just fine for me right now like it is. If anything ever needs to change, which I doubt, I will keep this in mind.
You could also download the apk. from here and manually install it ... It is running Android 5.01 so u shouldnt have a issue
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Kodi Database Format0