• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Basics-Vision Skin
Is there anyway to download the SVN as one package? If not, then what files are the ones needed to update the original download?
Ive got a few more little changes that I want to do then I'll upload another "built" version no point making it now whn I want to add more in a sec
Jezz_X Wrote:Ive got a few more little changes that I want to do then I'll upload another "built" version no point making it now whn I want to add more in a sec

Sounds good. I can wait to try it out.
I managed to write myself a little script to help me auto convert all the files good news is it worked Smile
so here are some early shots of the homescreen converted to proper 4x3
Just as a note my converter screwed up coverflow so I will have to make 4x3 with no coverflow to start with until I can redo it

That looks great! Appreciate you taking the time to support 4:3. I understand it's a dying format but plenty folk still use it, and it's disappointing when most new skins do not feature 4:3.
Smile 
Jezz_X Wrote:I managed to write myself a little script to help me auto convert all the files good news is it worked Smile
is that something that other skinners could find usefull as well?, I guess it would be great for skinners if there was a script that could do the first major conversion from 16:9 to 4:3 (and vice versa), as then they would only have to tweak the details after if needed.

Maybe off-topic but what about a script that convert xml files for and from different resolutions, like from PAL 576p to NTSC 480p, and PAL 576p to 720p (and vice versa), etc?

Huh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I just starting using it last night, and I've been totally pleased with it so far Smile I will report in any bugs I find
Catchy Signature Here
Hi guys just thought you might like to know except for coverflow 4x3 should be pretty much totally done
So Update your SVN and try it out
Revision 1119
Quote:Fixed : (hopefully) Clock in home circle getting cut off
Added : Option to skin settings to choose a custom background for the whole skin
Thanks for the Coverflow... Looks fantastic... I have a couple of observations...

On the Home screen when an album is playing, if the name is really long it gets lost off the edge of the screen (no doubt due to overscan). Would it be possible to shorten the the now playing text to leave a bit of a gap either end (say just a cm or 2) and have the text scroll?

Also, when in music library playing a song with a long title there can be some overlap of text at the top. I just looks abit cluttered/untidy... Perhaps a smaller font or limit the length of text box and scroll the text?

Also wondered if it might look good to have the album art on the default home screen whilst playing... sorta like this...

Might not be to everyones taste tho

Your call of course. Big Grin
Quote:Revision: 1132
Author: jezz_x
Date: 11:38:30 PM, Wednesday, 30 January 2008
CHanged : Now Playing title now scrolls in home if it is too long
Changed : Now Playing in sub pages uses a smaller font and higher up so it doesn't go over window title text

Couple of decent custom backgrounds I found on the net and how they look in skin

Image Image

Image Image
Hi Jezz_X. Just noticed that in 4:3 music coverflow view the quick scroll only seems to work in one direction. If I try to go the other way it gets stuck after 1 album. Weird.
Finally finished Coverflow for videos in 4x3 that marks the end of complete 4x3 conversion

• 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Basics-Vision Skin2