Linux Restore HDMI Sound
When I power off and on my TV set which is connected to a secondary output of my PC the HDMI audio is lost. This is really not a Kodi issue, I believe. Nevertheless, maybe someone knows here how to restore audio without rebooting the PC? I have sound built into kernel, otherwise removing and re-inserting the module might do the trick.
Fixate your edid. Please search this forum. As you did not give any information about your hw at all I cannot help in detail.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It is Kodi issue after all. When I turn off the TV while Kodi is running it moves over to my primary screen. Why?! And then when I turn the TV back on the audio is blocked, there is a small red icon on top right corner and no matter how I configure audio within Kodi it stays there and I have no sound. Kodi even cannot use analog any more. Fixate EDID probably means I have to load EDID from a file instead of letting X to pull it from TV set? Will Kodi stay on the second screen then even if it is powered off? Will experiment with it when I get a chance, using MythTV as workaround right now.
No it's not. The hotplug tells the Xserver: Display is gone. The Xserver tells kodi: Sorry the screen has gone, do what you need to do. Kodi gets autoamtically moved to the other Display.

As the display removes its HDMI output device also when you just power off the display - kodi searches for a new audio device that it can use - as YOU removed it's display possibilities and also its audio properties.

If you want to fake a non existent second display, you need to fixate the EDID.

Would you expect that if you removing the chair your friend is sitting on, that he would still continue sitting on it happily?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-02-23, 17:26)fritsch Wrote: Kodi gets autoamtically moved to the other Display.
Why?
(2017-02-23, 17:26)fritsch Wrote: kodi searches for a new audio device that it can use
Why?

Not a fan of software that configures itself. I already experienced it with 16:9 display Kodi decided to use as 16:10 and there was no way for user to set correct form factor.
Why?
There were times when we set the IRQ and base address using jumpers. Then PnP came. You know what, I think using jumpers was OK. You set it and it will stay there. Like MythTV. I set it to secondary display, HDMI2 sound, 16:9 screen. Manually. And this is how it is going to be, no matter what happens. It is not going to "float away" when the secondary display is powered off. And it will be there when it is powered back on. Tongue
Run around the house three times? You are missing the point, dear melowed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Restore HDMI Sound0