• 1(current)
Mod Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)
Update:  Added Estuary Plus Skin for Kodi 18.8/18.9 Leia

Firstly, credit to the developers for a professional first class skin.

However, for some combinations of TV screen size and viewing distance it can be quite difficult to read.

Therefore I have modified the skin throughout to improve the readability, this is not a redesign of the skin with new features but just a general increase in the font size of around 25% to 30%, and where necessary resizing of screen elements in order to accommodate the increased font size.

Download Estuary Plus Skin for Kodi 17.6 Krypton from here and install via Addons > Install from zip file:

https://github.com/linknetx/skin.estuary...v1.1.9.zip

Download Estuary Plus Skin for Kodi 18.8/18.9 Leia from here and install via Addons > Install from zip file:

https://github.com/linknetx/skin.estuary...2.0.28.zip

Here are some example screenshots:

TV Guide:

TV Channels:

Settings Screen Leia (with option to show Live TV timeshift information):

Settings Screen Krypton (with option to hide seek bar when paused):

New version 1.1.1 with further modifications to the TV channel screens to improve readability. See updated links in first post.

TV Channels Screen:

TV Channels On Screen Display:

Hello linknet,

you made my day! It's great, I can read the epg again! Wink

Something like this should be a configurable option in the default estuary.

Thank you very much!

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Hi Hoppel,

Glad to hear that you like it. Smile
Nicely done! A real Godsend for us old geeks too... no more squinting at the TV to navigate Estuary!

I concur with Hopple's comment, this would be a great option to include with the default skin. Personally, it's a must-have, but I hope Kodi devs see it as a necessary enhancement to Estuary's overall usability/accessibility for users who no longer have 20/20 vision.

Thanks again,

Cheers!
Updated the skin in the first post with options in the skin settings menu to hide the seekbar when paused and to enable home screen scrollbars for mouse support if required.

Therefore now only one version not two as previously.

Settings Screen:

vary nice only need skin shortcut support and skin widget
(2017-03-14, 10:59)maher Wrote: very nice only need skin shortcut support and skin widget
Thanks, but I'm afraid what you see is what you get!

My intention was never to add any new features but merely improve or correct the original design where possible.
Thank you so much for this. It's such a shame that a user has to go through all these gyrations just to make it readable.
Hello @linknet,

did you integrate these changes from Krypton 17.1 into your skin mod?

The release notes state the following:

Quote:Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements

If not, any plans to integrate these improvements?

I am using your skin since I know of it. It's perfect to read with my samsung 42" 1080p display. The only thing I miss is to customize the main menu items. I know this is not a skin where we can request for new features. Wink

Thanks again!

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2017-03-30, 22:46)hoppel118 Wrote: Did you integrate these changes from Krypton 17.1 into your skin mod?

The release notes state the following:

Quote:Update Estuary and Estouchy with some bugfixes and improvements

Versions of the skin 1.0.xxx are based on the Kodi 17.0 release and versions 1.1.xxx are based on the Kodi 17.1 release. So everything is up to date including a number of bug fixes of my own. For some of the more obvious bugs pull requests have already been submitted to GitHub but there seems to be a general reluctance to action these.

(2017-03-30, 22:46)hoppel118 Wrote: The only thing I miss is to customize the main menu items. I know this is not a skin where we can request for new features. Wink

From previous experience these things escalate, once you start adding one request then everyone starts making different requests. Smile
Great, thanks for clarification.

Yes, that's the normal behavior with users. [emoji6]

linknet, I like what you have done here but unfortunatly the text is still to small for me to see from the other side of the room. Is there any chance of making an even bigger font skin?
(2017-08-25, 18:16)pmbrady Wrote: linknet, I like what you have done here but unfortunately the text is still to small for me to see from the other side of the room. Is there any chance of making an even bigger font skin?
It needed a lot of modifications to fit the current larger size font in without completely redesigning the interface. So I'm afraid that to go any further would just entail too much work.
Hi linknet,
I am so happy with your Estuary Plus skin using it every day since March 2017. I cannot imagine at all using Kodi without your BIG improvement. Anyway, Leia is coming now and many of us will probably update one day, mainly because Kodi developers will not fix any bugs in Krypton more (e.g. the lousy rewind bug, which is already fixed in current Leia version). And therefore I am very unhappy finding the Leia is incompatible with Estuary Plus. I would like to ask you, please: is there any hope you could modify your brilliant skin for Leia some time?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary Plus Skin - easier to read throughout (UPDATED 30/07/2020)3