• 27(current)
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
(2020-01-06, 16:25)DaLanik Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 22:36)lpt2007 Wrote: Hi,

KCLEANER works on android tv?

I just tried and won't start.
I tryed on philips android tv os version 8.0 and is not wokingSad. On raspberry pi works greatSmile
It depends on Kodi version. It works on all platforms (Android/Linux/windows). Are you sure you have the correct version? I made version for Python3 (newest Kodi alpha) that works only on Python 3.... 
(2020-01-09, 21:50)lpt2007 Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 16:25)DaLanik Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 22:36)lpt2007 Wrote: Hi,

KCLEANER works on android tv?

I just tried and won't start.
I tryed on philips android tv os version 8.0 and is not wokingSad. On raspberry pi works greatSmile
It depends on Kodi version. It works on all platforms (Android/Linux/windows). Are you sure you have the correct version? I made version for Python3 (newest Kodi alpha) that works only on Python 3.... 

Android version shoudln't matter, Kodi version does.
(2020-01-10, 09:33)DaLanik Wrote:
(2020-01-06, 16:25)DaLanik Wrote: I tryed on philips android tv os version 8.0 and is not wokingSad. On raspberry pi works greatSmile

I am using KODI 18.5.
(2020-01-10, 13:04)lpt2007 Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 09:33)DaLanik Wrote:

I am using KODI 18.5.   

Don't use this addon on Kodi "Leia". It's not been updated in a while, and it's not compatible with the changes made to the the music database for Leia (as I found to my cost). If you run this addon on Leia, it will delete all your music album (cover) artwork from the cache (Thumbnails) folder, and I'm guessing this is because of changes in the music database. I only recently realised this. Artwork Beef doesn't rectify the issue unless you do a "New, old and everything in between" type scan, and even then, that will only be any good until the next run of KCleaner, where you'll be back in the same boat.
...Just to clarify, this only affects the artwork cached to the thumbnails folder, not artwork present with the source files. I'm not sure about the "Artist Information" folder, Artwork Beef uses for ancillary artwork (anything not "folder.jpg" or "discart.png") as i've not checked that (yet) and probably wouldn't be any the wiser, right now, if I did.

Wink
hello all, what I've surprised with is that there aren't any addons that address the full realm of cache files to include: ARCHIVED_CACHE and RESOLVEURL's CACHE. I've written a .bat file that deletes these two as well as thumbnails, packages, kodi.log, kodi.old.log, etc.

Is there a reason why there aren't addons for this?
(2020-03-24, 06:43)lance7tour Wrote: hello all, what I've surprised with is that there aren't any addons that address the full realm of cache files to include: ARCHIVED_CACHE and RESOLVEURL's CACHE. I've written a .bat file that deletes these two as well as thumbnails, packages, kodi.log, kodi.old.log, etc.

Will you share your batch file?
(2020-03-24, 06:43)lance7tour Wrote: hello all, what I've surprised with is that there aren't any addons that address the full realm of cache files to include: ARCHIVED_CACHE and RESOLVEURL's CACHE. I've written a .bat file that deletes these two as well as thumbnails, packages, kodi.log, kodi.old.log, etc.

Never heard of them, I expect they are from banned addons though and nobody here would be interested in writing any code to clean up after banned addons.
Unfortunately, I can't get the python3 version to work, it always errors out. Log file shows something like

Code:
2020-04-05 02:18:50.821 T:12432 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
Error Contents: function takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.kcleaner\default.py", line 1715, in <module>
intCancel, intMbDel = DeleteFiles(actionToken[6], 0)
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.kcleaner\default.py", line 590, in DeleteFiles
progress.update(int(percent), str(message1), str(message2))
TypeError: function takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2020-04-05, 02:23)HeresJohnny Wrote: Unfortunately, I can't get the python3 version to work, it always errors out. Log file shows something like

Code:
2020-04-05 02:18:50.821 T:12432 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'TypeError'>
Error Contents: function takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.kcleaner\default.py", line 1715, in <module>
intCancel, intMbDel = DeleteFiles(actionToken[6], 0)
File "C:\Kodi\portable_data\addons\script.kcleaner\default.py", line 590, in DeleteFiles
progress.update(int(percent), str(message1), str(message2))
TypeError: function takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)
-->End of Python script error report<--
Same here, Milhouse build #417.
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
OK, i have new version in Python 3 repo, please try....

D.
It works, thanks a lot! Let me also express that I always found your solution to put the settings in the main dialogue very elegant.
(2020-04-20, 20:46)DaLanik Wrote: OK, i have new version in Python 3 repo, please try....

D.

Worked for me, thanks!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Cool, I'm glad it works. They must have changed something in Kodi functions since last Aplha that I used....
What happened to DaLanik did he close his account or did a moderator.

I use this addon a lot.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)2