• 7(current)
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
It's getting better and better. Really nice work DaLanic, I wish such add-ons weren't necessary though, and kodi could do some cleanup itself.
May I suggest an options re-arrangement, I was thinking something like:

Thumbnails (headline -- unselectable)
[1]Clean textures DB
[2]Clean Thumbnails (<- this order is important here, if Delete only thumbs not in database is enabled)
Add-ons (headline -- unselectable)
Unused add-on data folders
Check for unused repositories
Check for add-ons without repo
Clean packages
Clean add-ons
Other (headline -- unselectable)
Clean cache
Compact all databases
Clean cache, packages, thumbnails, add-ons
Clean All + Compact all databases (<- are both latest options needed?)
Settings
Exit
(2017-03-22, 23:20)host505 Wrote: May I suggest an options re-arrangement, I was thinking something like:

[1]Clean textures DB
[2]Clean Thumbnails (<- this order is important here, if Delete only thumbs not in database is enabled)
Clean packages
Clean add-ons
Clean cache
Compact all databases
Settings
Exit

Not a bad idea, but maybe ith this change, since these options don't do anything, just check:

[1]Clean textures DB
Clean packages
Clean add-ons
Clean cache
Compact all databases
Checks (headline -- unselectable)
Settings (headline -- unselectable)
Settings
Exit

OK, I'll give it a thought Smile
(2017-03-23, 00:11)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-03-22, 23:20)host505 Wrote: May I suggest an options re-arrangement, I was thinking something like:

[1]Clean textures DB
Clean packages
Clean add-ons
Clean cache
Compact all databases
Settings
Exit

Not a bad idea, but maybe ith this change, since these options don't do anything, just check:

[1]Clean textures DB
Clean packages
Clean add-ons
Clean cache
Compact all databases
Setting something
Exit

I don't have "Delete only thumbs not in database" checked so the sequence doesn't work for me.
(2017-03-23, 00:11)DaLanik Wrote: Not a bad idea, but maybe ith this change, since these options don't do anything, just check:

[1]Clean textures DB
Clean packages
Clean add-ons
Clean cache
Compact all databases
Settings
Exit

Hmm, I didn't know they don't do anything, haven't used them Blush
I thought they would delete "orphaned" add-ons/repos.
(2017-03-23, 00:19)msnow Wrote: I don't have "Delete only thumbs not in database" checked so the sequence doesn't work for me.
What do you mean doesn't work, if you don't have that enabled then the sequence doesn't matter.
It will delete all of your thumbs from the Thumbnails folder, regardless if you choose it before or after Textures DB cleanup.
But, yes, in that case the Clean textures DB option doesn't make much sense under the Thumbnails headline...
(2017-03-23, 00:32)host505 Wrote: Hmm, I didn't know they didn't do anything, haven't used them Blush

They just crosscheck all repos with addons and display results, but don't fix/delete/clean anything....
(2017-03-23, 00:32)host505 Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 00:19)msnow Wrote: I don't have "Delete only thumbs not in database" checked so the sequence doesn't work for me.
What do you mean doesn't work, if you don't have that enabled then the sequence doesn't matter.
It will delete all of your thumbs from the Thumbnails folder, regardless if you choose it before or after Textures DB cleanup.
But, yes, in that case the Clean textures DB option doesn't make much sense under the Thumbnails headline...
Correct but with that sequence my Textures DB would be out of sync with the thumbs I think.
How would that be out of sync if there are no thumbs at all?
(2017-03-23, 07:41)host505 Wrote: How would that be out of sync if there are no thumbs at all?

Because I think they get added to the textures db as they are added to the thumbnail folders and with your suggested sequencing the thumbs would be deleted from the system but would still be reflected in the db. Let's leave it to @DaLanik to figure it out.
Yes, I think that is correct, so the proper way would be to delete all thumbs and then clean the textures database.
(2017-03-23, 16:42)DaLanik Wrote: Yes, I think that is correct, so the proper way would be to delete all thumbs and then clean the textures database.

I uninstalled an addon yesterday and noticed in System/Settings/Add-ons/Manage dependencies that there were a few remnants left and listed as "orphaned". I ran everything in KCleaner but it didn't remove them so I manually uninstalled each one gaining back 14 megs. Is it possible to include this in a later update?
(2017-03-23, 17:22)msnow Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 16:42)DaLanik Wrote: Yes, I think that is correct, so the proper way would be to delete all thumbs and then clean the textures database.

I uninstalled an addon yesterday and noticed in System/Settings/Add-ons/Manage dependencies that there were a few remnants left and listed as "orphaned". I ran everything in KCleaner but it didn't remove them so I manually uninstalled each one gaining back 14 megs. Is it possible to include this in a later update?
I don't think it is possible since these orphaned dependencies are installed and you can't uninstall other addons....

Sent from my N7100
(2017-03-23, 17:24)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 17:22)msnow Wrote:

I don't think it is possible since these orphaned dependencies are installed and you can't uninstall other addons....

Sent from my N7100
How about identifying each of them as orphaned then we can go in and uninstall as I did?
(2017-03-23, 17:32)msnow Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 17:24)DaLanik Wrote:
(2017-03-23, 17:22)msnow Wrote: I uninstalled an addon yesterday and noticed in System/Settings/Add-ons/Manage dependencies that there were a few remnants left and listed as "orphaned". I ran everything in KCleaner but it didn't remove them so I manually uninstalled each one gaining back 14 megs. Is it possible to include this in a later update?

Sent from my N7100
How about identifying each of them as orphaned then we can go in and uninstall as I did?
I wanted to do this only if i could open the addon info directly from my addon in order to uninstall them, but i didn't find a way to do it... I'm afraid it doesn't make much sense otherwise.

Sent from my N7100
v1.7
- Better debugging
- Code cleanup
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)2