• 1(current)
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
Heart 
http://projects.lanik.org/KodiProject_KCleaner.htm

KCleaner addon

There are a few cleaning addons, but none clean everything. Some are not maintained and all functions don't work. So I ended up using 3 different cleaning addons. And then I decided to write my own, and add a few things no other cleaning addon has.

For the time being, it cleans:

* Temp/Cache
* Packages
* Thumbnails
* ATV downloaded files
* Addons

There are 9 addons which are cleaned, I tried to find ones that collect the most garbage, temporary files, or just a lot of files over time. These include some that might actually be useful like "ArtistSlideshow" that collects a lot of images. If you need these images, then don't run the Addon cleanup - but anyways they would be downloaded again, so they can be considered cache files.

If you have device that is running low on space, cleaning all the downloaded stuff and cache with a single press can be useful - and about the only option you have!

The list of supported addons:
* WTF
* 4oD
* BBC iPlayer
* Simple Downloader
* ITV
* ArtistSlideshow
* Titlovi
* Titulky

Apart from cleaning, latest version also has 2 functions to check your repos/addons:

* check if you have any repositories installed that are unnecessary because you don't have any addons from these repositories (you can uninstall them).
* check which addons don't have any repository "linked" to them i.e. because you installed them from a zip file (they won't be updated).

You can run any section separately or everything at once. At the end you will get report with stats how much Mb was recovered and what was cleaned/checked.

In order to install it, first install my REPO: Lanik Repo

Then install add-on, no configuration needed.

This should work on all platforms. Any comments welcome.

mod edit - as the author has closed his account and deleted his repo, this addon is considered as broken.
v0.3
- Ignore (do not clean) addons selected in settings
i will test it and report back
used on jarvis (windows10), saved about 1gb of space. cool. thanks!
Peppe
Wait for the next version, it will save even more Smile
Great improvement. I'm using animated gif posters and fanarts for my movies. These gif files are stored in the thumbnails folder. I would like to exclude this folder (...\thumbnails\animatedgifs) from being cleaned. Can you add this option (exlude custom folder) to your addon?

The folder:
addondata
user_data
script.artwork.downloader
temp

also contains a lot of jpg files that can be cleaned. Have you added this folder to KCleaner yet?
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC 1 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 RC1 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 beta 3 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 beta 3 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod

Possible to enable / disable on start? So auto clean?
(2017-02-25, 23:19)MB1968 Wrote: Great improvement. I'm using animated gif posters and fanarts for my movies. These gif files are stored in the thumbnails folder. I would like to exclude this folder (...\thumbnails\animatedgifs) from being cleaned. Can you add this option (exlude custom folder) to your addon?

The folder:
addondata
user_data
script.artwork.downloader
temp

also contains a lot of jpg files that can be cleaned. Have you added this folder to KCleaner yet?

Sure, should not be a problem, I will add it as option in settings to exclude this folder, and will ad temp folder.
Thanks man.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC 1 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 RC1 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 beta 3 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 beta 3 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod

(2017-02-26, 09:48)misa Wrote: Possible to enable / disable on start? So auto clean?

Currently it is not running as service, but as a script. It shouldn't be hard to implement but I don't know if it is a good idea - then it would have to be constantly running... will see how best to do this.
v0.4
- Database compacting

This version can compact all databases in database folder... I tested on Android and Windows dozens of times, but please make a backup of your databases just in case.... Smile
Just installed. No issues to report of. Rolled the dice and selected the "compact database" option without backing up my DB. Kodi didn't implode. Smile

Be great if you added a little notification after cleaning is done to tell you how much space you got back.
Well, yes, I also do it without backup since the compaction is done through sqllite lib, so my addon has no way of messing things up, but still Smile

Yes, good idea about stats how much space was recovered, even though I expect it will slow down the execution Smile
Your addon kind of reminds me of this app that I use for my Nexus 6.
Not accusing you of anything, just saying.

How much do you think it will slow down the execution? If we are talking like a minute, then yea, not a good idea. But if it's only going to be a couple of seconds longer....
Well yes, it performs similar function as that app, no accusation taken - that app is for completely different platform (Android) and this is only for Kodi....

Hard to tell, I have several other things to finish before that, we'll see.... right now I am working on analyzing repositories which are installed in Kodi but Kodi contains no addons from these repos, so they can be removed....
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)2