KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)
(2017-08-08, 00:48)fred_gaou Wrote: Some feedback Using 2.71.
-----------
The first time I ran the Check for unused repo, it reported one entry something like xbmc.org repo has an error.

The first time I ran Check for addons without repo, it returned all the default/dependency addons like:

Code:
script.module.kodi65
resource.language.fr_fr

and so on. Those addons are still there in my system.

The second and other times I ran those 2 tools, it returned nothing, Clean up report dialog is empty. Why? It seems the first time it detected some addons were orphans (script.trakt) whereas they actually aren't. It could explain why it reports nothing now, it seems the first time it got wrong info that have been fixed somehow before the second run.

Edit: it seems it returns all the addons as orphan after a clean up. It solves by itself after a while when run the check tool again.

Why it asks confirmation before running those check tool? It just checks, right? Or can it remove those items after check? I think a confirm dialog before is an unnecessary extra step for check tools. It would be after if user could click on a button like "Remove items".

-----------

What are the files affected by the Compact settings path to special://?

-----------

I love the options that allow to only remove the orphan thumbnails. I love the compact database.

It is a very efficient cleaning tool indeed !

-----------

Request

It would be the perfect maintenance tool if there were a backup/restore build feature. At least the backup as we can always restore manually copying from the backup. There are some maintenance addons around the web but they never be on kodi official repo because they are related to other maintainer that provide illegal addon I guess. Some do the job but may exclude the advancedsettings.xml unfortunately making my backup incomplete. There is also the backup addon I haven't tested yet.

An option to use a network share as location path to backup as GDrive, etc. would be the cherry on the cake.

There should be an option to include or not the addon_data because they can have sensitive personal data as login info (trakt, etc.)

-----------

Why your addon is not on kodi repo?
It is possible that it couldn't contact the repo for whatever reason and it thought it doesn't exist. There is room for improvement there; I can check for the return state of it is 404 or not found.

It just checks. There is confirmation dialog everywhere so it is easier to implement it that way.

Only the settings files are impacted by compacting to special.

The backup feature has been requested before, but i think It is outside of scope of this add-on. There was a working backup add-on in the repo as far as i remember.

As far as official Kodi repo use concerned, I find the submission process too complicated since sometimes i update a lot. Also i don't think the quality of my add-ons deserve too be in the official Repo - i am not a programmer i just doo this as a hobby...

Sent from my S8+

Messages In This Thread
Initial startup super slow - by junitodx - 2017-05-31, 00:06
RE: KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff) - by User 325245 - 2017-08-08, 18:04
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KCleaner (Clean up temporary files & other stuff)2