OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
Hi.

Thanks for the extensive review and taking time to review the Vero 4K.

I want to address some of your points:

16-bit/96Khz will be resolved in a future update.

5.1/7.1LPCM shouldn't be a problem, unless your chart is referring to the current 96Khz limitation. If you send me a clip or debug log I can look in to this.

FLAC can't be passed through. Not aware of devices supporting this.

2160p/10-bit: you are correct in that this is sometimes hit and miss. We already have support for 10-bit output modes in the next kernel. They're exposed via sysfs in the kernel so they can be set in the same way as any other AML mode (disp_mode). We need to also check hints in the video and adjust the mode correctly. For now, you can manually trigger a mode, but that's not ideal. I assume by 3D output being presented as 2D you mean that it's being output as SBS. The sysfs patch also adds support for frame packed video output via sysfs, which means 3D playback will improve.

Re 3D: HSBS/HTAB playback in 1080p doesn’t trigger 3D signaling. This was addressed on Vero 2 [1], but needs forward porting and we need
to trigger this on hints as well and check stereoscopicmanager.

I'd appreciate you retesting after some further announcements are made at osmc.tv/blog.

If you have an account on our Discourse, shoot me a PM and I'll send you some test builds as soon as they're available, provided you don't mind being on the bleeding edge.

Best

Sam

[1] https://github.com/osmc/vero2-linux/comm...4d2fcb7b68

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions? - by Sam.Nazarko - 2017-05-28, 23:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4