OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
(2017-10-14, 04:25)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 23:39)t2ffn Wrote: Looks like I spoke too soon. After trying to play a 4K movie without interruption it only plays a couple mins before stuttering and losing audio. All files exhibit this issue.

Having tried a gigabit adapter, it still remains, basically turning into slow motion with no sound. Hmmm.

If you are playing 4K content, then you should really be mounting via fstab. It will give you a lot of performance improvements, including readahead (load in to page cache).
1000M (Gigabit Ethernet) isn't the solution. Mounting shares in an optimal way is. Let us know if you need any help with this.

Should you have problems after that, send me a message and I'll look in to them. 

Sam

I think I fixed some of those issues, especially with internal nfs and smb during v18 cycle. For smb the key improvement was some legacy code from 1900 something and for nfs the chunksizes that were quite low. Worth a try at least.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions? - by fritsch - 2017-10-14, 17:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4