OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
(2017-10-14, 04:25)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2017-10-13, 23:39)t2ffn Wrote: Looks like I spoke too soon. After trying to play a 4K movie without interruption it only plays a couple mins before stuttering and losing audio. All files exhibit this issue.

Having tried a gigabit adapter, it still remains, basically turning into slow motion with no sound. Hmmm.

If you are playing 4K content, then you should really be mounting via fstab. It will give you a lot of performance improvements, including readahead (load in to page cache).
1000M (Gigabit Ethernet) isn't the solution. Mounting shares in an optimal way is. Let us know if you need any help with this.

Should you have problems after that, send me a message and I'll look in to them. 

Sam

Hi Sam, I was looking at picking up a Vero 4K but I admit the fast ethernet has been holding me back. Fstab sounds awesome but my tech and apparently googlefu is weak. I got the gist of it I think, where instead of using the mounting in unraid you can mount a share directly using the OS. It seems just about post I come across someone asking for help they are told not to bother and it doesn't go much further. Is there a guide out there you could point me to with how to setup fstab?  Currently I am running an Unraid server feed to a chromebox with Libreelec using NFS if that matters.
XBMC specs: MINIX U9-H LibreELEC 4K all day

Home Theater - Samsung 65KS8000 - Denon 3200- Ascend Acoustics speakers - Maelstrom 18in sealed sub 7cu ft - Behringer EP2500

UNraid Server – Pentium G3258 – MSI - H81M-P33 – Antec HCG-400M PS - 8Gb RAM

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions? - by joe_sun - 2017-10-14, 18:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4