OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
Big Grin 
(2018-04-09, 13:26)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-04-09, 12:44)lstar337 Wrote: The remote for the Wetek is quite nice and it still works so I would like to be able to use it with the Vero box if possible.
Yes it is a nice simple Wireless remote. Wink
My suggestion is to open up the busted WeTek Core box and pull out the USB Mini WiFi receiver dongle that is plugged into an internal USB port.

You can then use that with pretty much any media player you want. Just Plug the WiFi dongle into a new box and you should be good to go !
Quote:but I would like to turn the box on and off with the IR part just like the Wetek core does..
Off / On might be difficult on AMlogic devices because that usually uses Infra Red and each AML box has the IR Off / On Signal hardcoded into it's bootloader. It's not user configurable.

The Vero 4K does have a Standby Mode that works well, you have to select that from Kodi's Power Menu. Then you simply tap a remote button to wake up the box. 
Yeah I already ripped out the remote dongle. I figured that if the Wetek box was dead (not happy about that after only 28 months!) then at least I could salvage the remote!

I am using it on a rPi3 at the moment. I just thought the IR on/off mimicking the core would be simplest for the family to accept, but the sleep/wake function you describe sounds easy enough.

P.S. I don't suppose you have any thoughts on a Wetek box that wont even show a splash screen?  Wetek wanted me to send it to Slovenia without any indication of cost for a fix!
Ironically I only bought the Wetek because I wanted something bulletproof to replace a tacky Chinese box I had before, but the Wetek has failed and the crummy Chinese box (with a new owner) is still working!

Messages In This Thread
RE: OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions? - by lstar337 - 2018-04-09, 13:54
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4