• 17(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
(2018-04-09, 17:38)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2018-04-09, 11:58)Theetjuh Wrote:
(2018-04-09, 01:36)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: Plan is to make autoswitching available only when necessary. The colour space options are good but can cause problems when playing BT709 material. So we are planning to switch when necessary and only if supported; as we have now decoupled colourspace and HDR since the March update (which was a limitation on AML before).
Will this autoswitching be not only for colour spacing, but also bit depth?
Is this something that can be enabled with downgrading resolution switching as well? 
 Forgot to address one of your points. I will revisit the downgrade on resolution option again in the near future. There were a couple of issues that prevented it being a candidate for release; but the plan is to revisit when time permits.

No problem, I know you are on this still, but it was more a question related with the colour spacing and bit depth in mind.
When you are looking what file is being played on a tv with x capacity, I would think that the resolution switching isn’t far off then Smile
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
(2018-04-09, 21:21)Theetjuh Wrote:
(2018-04-09, 17:38)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2018-04-09, 11:58)Theetjuh Wrote: Will this autoswitching be not only for colour spacing, but also bit depth?
Is this something that can be enabled with downgrading resolution switching as well? 
 Forgot to address one of your points. I will revisit the downgrade on resolution option again in the near future. There were a couple of issues that prevented it being a candidate for release; but the plan is to revisit when time permits. 

No problem, I know you are on this still, but it was more a question related with the colour spacing and bit depth in mind.
When you are looking what file is being played on a tv with x capacity, I would think that the resolution switching isn’t far off then Smile 
 It is indeed not far off.

Now we have the banding issues resolved, we can come up for air and work on a few other things again, including 3D support!
I thought 3D TV is dead?
Um, no. Alive and well on the projector side.
Just ordered my Vero 4K. Given the information in this thread it was an easy choice.

I was tempted to stick with my temporary rPi3 solution, but H.265 decoding of SD material has a somewhat fuzzy appearance which was never the case with my previous AML device. The AML decoder must be very good!
Also, if I stuck with the Pi I would need to get a device to strip digital audio out of the HDMI for Toslink, plus yet another Pi to replace the one I pinched from the bedroom!

Hopefully I wont need any support, but Sam seems exceptionally dedicated.
Maybe a dumb question, can I use NextPVR with the Vero 4K?  I've been unsuccessful so far.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Hi,

We build and include the NextPVR add-on.
What issues are you having with it?

Sam
I get this screen forever, it never loads:

https://imgur.com/a/2YqnbBw

I do also have a NUC running LibreELEC and NextPVR works perfectly there.
Nevermind.
I wanted to get a debug log, so I activated debug, rebooted and NextPVR worked... Pretty sure I had rebooted before. Oh well...
Cool -- if you run in to any issues, let me know.

I've noticed this issue with TVHeadend too, but believe it's fixed in Kodi v17
How do you stream local content on this box? Specifically, multiple usb hard drive enclosures?
Is that possible using a usb hub, and would each drive be able to have its own path to be used for the media library?
Otherwise would it need to be via a NAS type solution? And since it only has wifi, would that be enough to stream 1080p and 4k content?
In the market for a new box, but the bulk of my content/usage would be local via attached harddrives.

Thanks!
The Vero 4K does have an Ethernet port.

Any drives you attach will be automatically mounted and available in Kodi.
You can use a USB hub to attach multiple drives and they all receive a dedicated mount point, i.e. path.

If you install Samba or FTP server from OSMC's App Store, then these disks are automatically shared over the network to other devices.

Sam
Oh, that's great! I missed it on the specs page on the website, sorry.
Thanks for the reply, I think this may be my next box then, if it does 4k, hdr, hd-audio, and of course, for my needs the ability to support multiple usb attached hard drives.

Appreciate your quick response.
I have just replaced a Intel Celeron NUC , 8 gb RAM and ssd running LibreElec, with a new Vero4k. Exceeded my expectations. Has run all I have thrown at it with out raising a sweat. I have not tried streeming video as all my media is on connected HDD.
Set up was easier than my NUC and less crashes.
I have tried android based media players running Kodi and have been disappointed. I recommend Vero4k.
(2018-06-03, 04:57)Temujin Wrote: Oh, that's great! I missed it on the specs page on the website, sorry.
Thanks for the reply, I think this may be my next box then, if it does 4k, hdr, hd-audio, and of course, for my needs the ability to support multiple usb attached hard drives.

Appreciate your quick response.

It's a core feature of OSMC rather than the Vero 4K, but it's definitely a good point. I'll see if I can make some of the capabilities more clear. 
Let me know if you have any other questions

Sam
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4