• 19(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
Wondering if did 3D MVC ever become a thing or no?
Vero 4k ordered, hope have it at home in 2-3 weeks (web says out of stock, shipping 13th July).

Any one knows how does Eminence skin works on it? Its my favourite Skin on my actual HTPC for Kodi, ordered the Vero 4k as no good APU for 4k HDR out to mount a new HTPC hehe.

Will CEC work with AVR between TV and Vero 4k? I'll have Vero 4k connected to Sony STR-DN1080p and it to my OLED 55B6
Sam is on vacation, maybe that’s why you get the delay in ordering...

CEC should just work fine
Skin I got no idea sorry...
LG 77G1 • Onkyo TX-RZ70 • Q Acoustics F:2050i C:2000Ci R:2020i A:QI65C • 2x BK Elec XXLS400-DF
Vero V (OSMC) • Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019) • Sony UBP-X800M2 • Sony PlayStation 5
(2018-06-26, 10:04)Theetjuh Wrote: Sam is on vacation, maybe that’s why you get the delay in ordering...

CEC should just work fine
Skin I got no idea sorry...

I'm almost sure it's about stock:
https://my.osmc.tv/vero-4k-is-out-of-stock/

Hehe, but you get 15% discount
(2018-06-26, 01:35)hdmkv Wrote: Wondering if did 3D MVC ever become a thing or no?
 I have 3D FP signalling working now, but hints is still problematic. 
We have a working build of 3D MVC with Frame Packed output, but then *only* 3D content works (as you have to use the 3D decoder via amcodec).
We had a surge of B2B orders and ran out of stock, so it's a good time to take a holiday as well. 
Some of our resellers still have units in stock.
(2018-06-12, 00:20)wesk05 Wrote: All Amlogic devices are limited to 16-bit output. An HDMI analyzer or a HDFury Vertex will show you the maximum word length (bit depth) set in the Channel Status Bits of the HDMI signal. 24-bit doesn't necessarily mean that the output is indeed 24-bit, but if these bits are set to 16-bit (max word length-20), then 24-bit output is completely ruled out and that is what you would see with Amlogic devices.

I have a post somewhere on LibreELEC forums on this topic. I recorded the HDMI output at 24-bit depth and then analyzed the real bit-depth of the output. It is only 16-bit for Amlogic devices.

Not true, actually. I can get Vero4k to output 24-bit LPCM. If there are problems interfacing with other equipment I'm sure OSMC can sort them out.
Updated Vero 4K+ announced.
Waiting for Sam to post new characteristics.
Details here: https://osmc.tv/2018/07/vero-4k-is-here/
At first (Github) glance looks like a Gigabit Ethernet equipped S905D minus the DVB.

Any improvements in the passive heat sink used ?
Chipset cooling is always a major concern with AMLogic hardware.

Hi,

Heatsink is a bit bigger. We managed to introduce good thermal governing for the CPU a couple of months ago and this resolved issues for those using things like newsgroup downloaders (extracting can be CPU intensive). There were some reports of issues with the Mimic skin causing heat so we will soon introduce some GPU based governing as well as initial reports have been positive. 

Cheers,

Sam
Order placed. Thanks Sam!
Brill, we'll send you an email when this ships

Sam
Can you tell me if Hue add-on works good with it in ambilight mode? Also for HDR? Not hyperion as it is too complicated to set up and has issues with hue brightness. I know there are some issues with hardware acceleration and because of this it didn't work correctly (wight now on android I have to disable medicacodec (surface).
I would order this as soon as I know it works. Thanks Sam.
See https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/osmc-and-huestacean/72322.

I am not knowledgeable enough re. hyperion / hue to advise, but there are some very helpful people there.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4