• 27(current)
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?
Doest netflix work inside kodi? with vero?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpgQWkG9BI
There is a guide here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/how-to-all-p...am_nazarko
(2019-07-24, 19:10)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: There is a guide here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/how-to-all-p...am_nazarko

ok cool
thx

with 4k support too? hdr?
(2019-07-25, 11:48)Skank Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 19:10)Sam.Nazarko Wrote: There is a guide here: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/how-to-all-p...am_nazarko

ok cool
thx

You can only Software decode video content when using the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon with the Linux based OS’s like OSMC, LibreELEC and CoreELEC.

Currently all the S905 and S912 chipset based devices can only reliably SW decode Netflix content at a Max. Resolution of 720p without stuttering video playback.

Android devices with legit Widevine L1 already baked into device Firmware can Hardware decode up to 4K Netflix using that Kodi Addon.

(2019-07-25, 13:48)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 11:48)Skank Wrote:

ok cool
thx

You can only Software decode video content when using the Kodi Leia Netflix Addon with the Linux based OS’s like OSMC, LibreELEC and CoreELEC.

Currently all the S905 and S912 chipset based devices can only reliably SW decode Netflix content at a Max. Resolution of 720p without stuttering video playback.

Android devices with legit Widevine L1 already baked into device Firmware can Hardware decode up to 4K Netflix using that Kodi Addon. 

ok clear,
so for vero 4k -> software -> only 720p
shield -> hardware -> 4k?
and what about zidoo x9s -> android -> not sure?
(2019-07-25, 13:51)Skank Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 13:48)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 11:48)Skank Wrote: ok cool
thx

ok clear,
so for vero 4k -> software -> only 720p
shield -> hardware -> 4k?
and what about zidoo x9s -> android -> not sure?  

The Zidoo will only do 480. You are correct with what the Vero and Shield can do. In fact the Shield will even play Netflix atmos through the Kodi addon and do perfect framerate matching. The Apple TV can also do 4K Netflix with atmos through the Netflix app but it can't do 24p (only 23.976p) which some material is.
So, with the 4K+ model, should I be able to play everything (all audio formats + hdr + dolby vision)?

I'm using a Denon 3500h receiver with my 5.1.2 to play mostly bluray remuxes. The receiver decode ALL audio formats, so I can just pass everything to my receiver?

I've been trying to find a device that can direct play everything.

Nvidia Shield lacks Dolby Vision
Apple TV 4K can't do TrueHD Atmos passthrought

Does this device allow to play everything I listed here?
(2019-09-11, 12:27)jeffarese Wrote: So, with the 4K+ model, should I be able to play everything (all audio formats + hdr + dolby vision)?

I'm using a Denon 3500h receiver with my 5.1.2 to play mostly bluray remuxes. The receiver decode ALL audio formats, so I can just pass everything to my receiver?

Sorry, Vero4k + doesn't do Dolby Vision and never will.  Everything else: all audio formats can passed through and HDR10 is supported now.  HLG is coming, not sure about HDR10+.
(2019-09-11, 13:10)graham-h Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 12:27)jeffarese Wrote: So, with the 4K+ model, should I be able to play everything (all audio formats + hdr + dolby vision)?

Sorry, Vero4k + doesn't do Dolby Vision and never will.  Everything else: all audio formats can passed through and HDR10 is supported now.  HLG is coming, not sure about HDR10+. 
Oh, thanks for the quick reply Sad.

It seems weird that not a single device in existence can do all of that, so I have to choose between having Dolby Vision or having the lossless audio formats.

Wonder if there's some device coming with all of that in the near future...
(2019-09-11, 13:16)jeffarese Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:10)graham-h Wrote:

It seems weird that not a single device in existence can do all of that, so I have to choose between having Dolby Vision or having the lossless audio formats.

Probably not. Once you license DV, you then end up with complex licensing for audio too.
(2019-09-11, 13:33)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:16)jeffarese Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:10)graham-h Wrote: Sorry, Vero4k + doesn't do Dolby Vision and never will.  Everything else: all audio formats can passed through and HDR10 is supported now.  HLG is coming, not sure about HDR10+. 

Probably not. Once you license DV, you then end up with complex licensing for audio too.

AppleTV4k could be the one, since it already has all the licenses.
(2019-09-11, 13:47)jeffarese Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:33)Sam.Nazarko Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:16)jeffarese Wrote: YesOh, thanks for the quick reply Sad.

AppleTV4k could be the one, since it already has all the licenses.
Yes, but dolby atmos in the lossless version is not supported and is not supported HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision dual layer. I own this box and am not satisfied at all.
(2019-09-11, 21:47)ragico Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:47)jeffarese Wrote: AppleTV4k could be the one, since it already has all the licenses.
Yes, but dolby atmos in the lossless version is not supported and is not supported HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision dual layer. I own this box and am not satisfied at all.

Good luck in your currently impossible hunt for out of the Box dual layer DolbyVision Bluray Rips video playback software support.

The closest I have seen on anything is possibly using DVDFab software + elbow grease, an Apple TV 4K and the Infuse App

There still is no such thing as the Perfect Box - you are allowed to dream though Wink

(2019-09-12, 03:43)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2019-09-11, 13:47)jeffarese Wrote: AppleTV4k could be the one, since it already has all the licenses.

Good luck in your currently impossible hunt for out of the Box dual layer DolbyVision Bluray Rips video playback software support.

The closest I have seen on anything is possibly using DVDFab software + elbow grease, an Apple TV 4K and the Infuse App

There still is no such thing as the Perfect Box - you are allowed to dream though Wink
Of course I am aware of the dolby vision dual layer problem and that the Apple box can do Single layer dv via Infuse app and know about dvdfab + elbow grease.
But the lack of support for dolby atmos and dtsx  lossless audio is a serious limit. As you know almost any coreelec/libreelec and the excellent Vero 4k+ can do lossless audiop of any type in passtrough. 
(2019-09-12, 03:43)wrxtasy Wrote:

I know that currently is not possible, but I was wondering if there is something coming in the near future that will do it.

• 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSMC announced new Vero4k, opinions?4