Creating Custom Video Window
Hi,

I would like creating custom window for a my media contents (like modified video panel). I copy MyVideoNav.xml However, only the blank page open.
I'm using skin.mimic and created custom_1100_videopanel.xml in "/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.mimic/1080i/"
My goal is to copy and modifiy the default video window and just use it with my media content.
What commands should we use to be like a video panel?

Best Regards
Can you detail your Problem a little bit more. It is unclear what is the problem and what you want to achieve?

What do you mean by a Video Panel?

What do you mean with " just use it with my content"

Do you mean creating a new "view".
I'm using "ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://plugin.video.playlistLoader)" command is run normaly in the default video window.
I would like to open the custom video window using the command "ActivateWindow (1100, plugin: //plugin.video.playlistLoader)".

I added my custom xml file in to <window id="1100"> header and copy full content of default video window file (MyVideoNav.xml) but when I call 1100 goes to the empty window.
First I want to make the same as the default video or pvrchannel window style and after I will modify it. I will use the custom window only with this command. Other video addons and external files will run in the default video window.
More details;
The main purpose is to open the custom video window of the plugin.video.iptvplayer like the TV channels window.
Left side content list, right side small playback video panel.
When first clicking a item play small video panel, second click fullscreen.
You want to view the content provided by the Addon PlaylistLoader to be displayed in the same way as the PVRChannels are displayed. Is that correct?
Yes. It's true.
(2019-03-01, 14:38)DjCisco Wrote: You want to view the content provided by the Addon PlaylistLoader to be displayed in the same way as the PVRChannels are displayed. Is that correct?
 Is it possible to do that?
Yes.

When you view content of the Playlistloader addon, that addon is simply using one of the views defined by the skin. So what you need is to create a view based on the display of the PVR Channels code.

You must first find out which code is being used for the PVR Channels. The code for the channels view is defined in MyPVRChannels.xml. Take that code as a basis a create a new View, that is a new .xml file that defines your new view.

Then you have to make that view available on the Kodi windows that display the Playlist Loader content.
(2019-03-06, 20:23)DjCisco Wrote: Yes.

When you view content of the Playlistloader addon, that addon is simply using one of the views defined by the skin. So what you need is to create a view based on the display of the PVR Channels code.

You must first find out which code is being used for the PVR Channels. The code for the channels view is defined in MyPVRChannels.xml. Take that code as a basis a create a new View, that is a new .xml file that defines your new view.

Then you have to make that view available on the Kodi windows that display the Playlist Loader content.
 Thank you for answer.
My experiments is failed. I think I'm doing something wrong or incomplete.
I'm copied the entire contents of MyPVRChannels.xml but don't runnig. I need more details.
Hi, you cant just copy and paste

You have to create a view based on the code in MyPVRChannels.xml

I recommend you first understand how the code in MyPVRChannels.xml works.

Then you will be able to know what does what and so you can use that code to create your new view.
As far as I can tell, you sound like you're going about it all wrong or taking the path of highest resistence.

Based upon what you're saying I don't think a new window is the right approach.

Just so I'm clear...

You're wanting to be able to jump to plugin.video.iptvplayer and have it display the content in a manner that consists of a list with a video preview window that plays a preview and if clicked a second time, plays in fullscreen?

Firstly, why not just create a new view rather than window? You can then program it so the view is only visible when in plugin.video.iptvplayer. Then set a custom item on the home screen with the command to launch straight into plugin.video.iptvplayer. The only part that won't be possible would be clicking the item twice to play the video and change its state from window to small screen. Clicking will just launch the intended item.
(2019-03-10, 02:04)Rufoo Wrote: s far as I can tell, you sound like you're going about it all wrong or taking the path of highest resistence.

Based upon what you're saying I don't think a new window is the right approach.

Just so I'm clear...

You're wanting to be able to jump to plugin.video.iptvplayer and have it display the content in a manner that consists of a list with a video preview window that plays a preview and if clicked a second time, plays in fullscreen?

Firstly, why not just create a new view rather than window? You can then program it so the view is only visible when in plugin.video.iptvplayer. Then set a custom item on the home screen with the command to launch straight into plugin.video.iptvplayer. The only part that won't be possible would be clicking the item twice to play the video and change its state from window to small screen. Clicking will just launch the intended item.
Yes. How to create new view?
(2019-03-10, 02:11)haydarali Wrote: Yes. How to create new view? 

Guessing you've never done this kind of thing before.

Best way to start is to copy an existing view xml. Edit it and change all view id references, give it a slightly different name, add the new view to the skin and start messing around with the copied views code.

You will need to do the following...
  • Copy an existing view or create a new one. Give it a unique id number that isn't used (ex: 799) and a unique include name.
  • Edit your includes.xml file and add a line to include the new view xml.
  • Edit your MyVideoNav.xml (assuming this view is for a video add-on) file and include the new view number in the <views> area and add the include name of your new view with the others.
  • Edit your custom_1118_ViewtypeMenu.xml and add a new button so you can call your view from the flyout menu - follow the logic of the xml.

You also should reference these pages on the Kodi wiki if you're thinking of getting into view creation and skin editing in general. They are essential...

Kodi Wiki: List of Built-in Functions
Kodi Wiki: InfoLabels
Kodi Wiki: List of Boolean Conditions
(2019-03-10, 02:51)Rufoo Wrote: Guessing you've never done this kind of thing before.

Best way to start is to copy an existing view xml. Edit it and change all view id references, give it a slightly different name, add the new view to the skin and start messing around with the copied views code.

You will need to do the following...
  • Copy an existing view or create a new one. Give it a unique id number that isn't used (ex: 799) and a unique include name.

• Edit your includes.xml file and add a line to include the new view xml.

• Edit your MyVideoNav.xml (assuming this view is for a video add-on) file and include the new view number in the <views> area and add the include name of your new view with the others.

• Edit your custom_1118_ViewtypeMenu.xml and add a new button so you can call your view from the flyout menu - follow the logic of the xml.

You also should reference these pages on the Kodi wiki if you're thinking of getting into view creation and skin editing in general. They are essential...

Kodi Wiki: List of Built-in FunctionsKodi Wiki: InfoLabelsKodi Wiki: List of Boolean Conditions 

Thank you for the detail information. I'll do what you said.
I've searched both Kodi, and the web for PlaylistLoader, but the only results I see are to sites that we're not allowed to talk about. If this is a legit addon, I'd appreciate a link within Kodi whirled.

I'm assembling weapons for my entree into addon development.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Creating Custom Video Window0