v17 2 Question concerning the update
Hi,

I have 2 questions concerning the new mimic theme.
I’m using it with a raspberry pi2 on OSMC.
You can see in my screenshot the areas where my question is about.

1. How do I remove the „Hauptmenü (means Main-Menu) when Im on „start page“ . The weather is fine there. I just want to see the weather.
2. How do I remove the blue overlay ? I want to see the fan art background „Clear“
3. I got it, after I created the screenshot Smile

I would really love to get some help.

watch gallery

Thx Smile
No idea ? I have no widgets activated, so what you see as my main background, is normaly the background when you see a widget.

no ideas ?
None of these things are possible via skin settings, you will need to edit the skin code to remove them. Look for "topbar" in includes.xml and for the background overlay, Includes_Background.xml
Hi, thanks for answering, i was allready looking for these things. Thanks !

I removed the lines inside of the Includes_Backgrounds.xml:

Code:
    <texture>$VAR[CommonBackgroundOverlay]</texture>
    <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorBackgroundVar]</colordiffuse>

It changed everywhere, but not on the main-page, like on my screenshot.
The overlay is gone when i'm inside of a menu, like "settings" or "movies" . But at this point the background is totally fine for me.

So what i want is exactly opposite: No Overlay on the main-page and overlay on all others.

How do i do this?
In that case try home.xml.
Perfect! Thank you so much Smile
(2017-02-27, 17:48)hemorieder Wrote: Perfect! Thank you so much Smile

Hi. Hemorieder, what edit to the home.xml did you make to achieve this?
I think you do not need to remove overlay to have the clear fanart - you just have to set tbe background to 100% transparency in skin settings
But I wanted the backgrounds bright on home screen and then dimmed when in settings. I have managed this, but now I want there to be a block background colour directly behind the menu and submenu so the writing is clear (like mimic v3 used to have)
I'm in the same boat. I updated Kodi and my super customized skin from Jarvis disappeared. After a bunch of spitting and swearing I've come to terms with the fact that I will have to spend another 5 hours fixing it.

I want to remove the top bar, as I know that I'm on my home screen already, and I would like to remove the arrows on the side, as I know there are more panels already, and I would like to remove the overlay, as I have 1000s of HD wallpapers that I would actually like to see.

If someone knows how to remove all these things please let me know, and treat me like a 5 year old, I don't even know where the .xml files are located.

I really don't want to use another skin, I've used Mimic for 5 years? Probably since it's inception.

Also, is there a way to get the "shelf" type widgets back? I really don't want to have paragraphs about the movies on my homepage, that info is already in the library.
(2017-03-25, 12:20)Prima Wrote: I want to remove the top bar, as I know that I'm on my home screen already, and I would like to remove the arrows on the side, as I know there are more panels already, and I would like to remove the overlay, as I have 1000s of HD wallpapers that I would actually like to see.

I already removed the top bar and the overlay, it's a fairly simple change. I don't know about the arrows as they never really bothered me.

You need to look for Home.xml in ~\Kodi\addons\skin.mimic\1080i\ and change lines 41-46 for the text below:

Code:
<control type="image">
            <!--include>FullscreenDimensions</include-->
            <top>926</top>
            <width>FullScreenWidth</width>
            <height>160</height>
            <texture>$VAR[CommonBackgroundOverlay]</texture>
            <colordiffuse>$VAR[ColorBackgroundVar]</colordiffuse>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="200" start="0,160" end="0,0">WindowOpen</animation>
        <animation effect="slide" tween="cubic" time="200" end="0,160" start="0,0">WindowClose</animation>
        </control>
        <!--include>Topbar</include-->

Quote:Also, is there a way to get the "shelf" type widgets back? I really don't want to have paragraphs about the movies on my homepage, that info is already in the library.
No, but you can change the widget type to Fanart or Thumb which don't display the Plot.
Mimic is a great skin but not having the option of removing the overlay on the homescreen is a negative. Not sure why its not in the option menu as it appears to be a popular request for it. I'm using android tv so its a pain to try the edit the xml files on that platform. [/align]
(2017-05-21, 06:07)turmoggy Wrote: Mimic is a great skin but not having the option of removing the overlay on the homescreen is a negative. Not sure why its not in the option menu as it appears to be a popular request for it. I'm using android tv so its a pain to try the edit the xml files on that platform. [/align]
Sorry, won't be adding this option. It's not as simple as removing the overlay since it would affect the top bar, main menu, and widgets.
(2017-05-21, 06:07)turmoggy Wrote: Mimic is a great skin but not having the option of removing the overlay on the homescreen is a negative. Not sure why its not in the option menu as it appears to be a popular request for it. I'm using android tv so its a pain to try the edit the xml files on that platform. [/align]

Excuse me still can not remove in any way to remove the opacity of the funds? Thank you
this topic is over 2 years old... lots of things have changed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Question concerning the update0