Req Multipart Handling for TV Shows
Photo 
Good morning,

I've already searched through this forum and found some help, but my problem is not solved yet.

I just added a new TV Show to my collection called "Ascension". The show contains one season with 6 episodes, but thetvdb only knows about 3 Episodes. So I checked them and found out, that each Episode consists of 2 files. Normally I would name them something like
Code:
S01E01 Chapter 1.576p-AAC-2ch.1.mkv
and
Code:
S01E01 Chapter 1.576p-AAC-2ch.2.mkv
, but tmm can't handle it. There's just no field/var I could add in the renaming schema.

Did I miss something here?

Thanks in advance.
Try filenane part1.ext
filenane part2.ext
Intel NUC Haswell I3
Nvidia Shield
LibreECEC
Kodi - Leia
I tried that, tmm then shows both files as the same episode.

When I tell tmm to rename all files, it removes the "part1" from the first file and then complains that the file already exists, when it comes to the second part.
Look here:

http://kodi.wiki/view/naming_video_files/TV_shows

For files that do contain several episodes (e.g. DVD):

S01E01_S01E02.mkv

For episodes that are split in several files:

S01E01 part1.mkv
S01E01 part2.mkv
Just a short heads up

- Multi episode (like S01E01_S01E02.mkv) works.
- Splitted (as seen in wiki link; like E1.1 or E1a) does NOT, and probably never will.
- Stacking (as in Movies, with CDx/partx/...) is imho not supported by Kodi (TBC), and i'm unsure if this works on all places for TV. At least a have a task on my todo list to check...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Multipart handling (one episode in multiple files) works with movies and tv shows in Kodi (afaicr). It does not work in TMM for tv shows, but for movies.

I'll check it again this evening.

Edit: Quick solution - add a field in the episode editing view, which can be used in the renaming schema as well, no need to have it updated with the scraped data (if possible)
IIRC multi file handling with episodes does not work well in 2.9.x
I have already fixed it for version 3.x - you may have to wait till this version gets ready for a release
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2017-02-28, 11:54)max06 Wrote: Edit: Quick solution - add a field in the episode editing view, which can be used in the renaming schema as well, no need to have it updated with the scraped data (if possible)

I'm a bit confused, is this a suggestion to how TMM can fix this or a suggestion on how people can handle this with the current version?

If it's the latter, could it be elaborated?  I'm having this issue and would really love to have some way to handle split files properly in TMM without having to manually attend to each occurrence.
(2017-11-04, 09:39)EarthBoundX5 Wrote:
(2017-02-28, 11:54)max06 Wrote: Edit: Quick solution - add a field in the episode editing view, which can be used in the renaming schema as well, no need to have it updated with the scraped data (if possible)

I'm a bit confused, is this a suggestion to how TMM can fix this or a suggestion on how people can handle this with the current version?

If it's the latter, could it be elaborated?  I'm having this issue and would really love to have some way to handle split files properly in TMM without having to manually attend to each occurrence.

This is a suggestion how to fix TMM. I guess at this time there's no real solution to that except concatting multipart-files into one file.

Or we just wait for TMM 3.x Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multipart Handling for TV Shows0