• 45(current)
(fuse)neue
(2017-07-24, 06:39)Jay19802005 Wrote: @jurialmunkey how do we add those audio flags

Download latest github version of the skin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Thanks @jurialmunkey
(2017-07-24, 05:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-23, 18:51)meridius Wrote: @jurialmunkey, Hi

Well that took about 9 hours. it was a pain in the bum to get these readable. The res is so low I had to do each letter to get the text to look right even the spacing had to be tricked to make the text look readable. I have done 22 colour and 22 black and white so that they can be replaced. The main used audio flags with text which where the hard to read I touched up as the rest of the audio flag logos looked fine. it was very hard work to get them to look just right as I had to reline them and resize them and start again with some to get the cleaner look, I just hope you use them my back is cracking lol

here you go

https://files.fm/u/vkgkvv88

cheers

Thanks! Added.

These are fantastic. Excellent work once again! Big Grin

thanks I will look up some of the video ones in colour as well as some of them are a bit blurry when I get time

Just a quick question what is the box grid size you use for the flags in pixels and what is the spacing size? As I might make a template and might get away with making them cleaner again and would stop any resizing of the flag. And the same for your other skin as kodi might not scale them as good if I can keep there original size

Cheers
@meridius - Cheers. That will be fantastic.

All the flags are a 71x48 px canvas (except resolution which are 66x48 and the ones that use the filename to determine source).
Pretty much all the flags have 8px of empty padding from the left, right, and bottom, and 10 pixel padding from the top. (the 10px from the top is to make them slightly shorter than the resolution flags which have 7px from top).

So an actual flag should be 55x30 pixels on a 71x48 pixel canvas. I use this same resolution in both Fuse and Horizon.
Thank you for this awesome and beautiful skin!

Just have one question... Is it possible to get a "force widget refresh" option in the future? I have some widgets from PBS and SVT Play (official and legal) - it takes 10 - 15 seconds for them to refresh all the time. Would be great to only refresh once at start-up. I know Titan skin has this feature.
(2017-07-24, 09:44)datorkop85 Wrote: Thank you for this awesome and beautiful skin!

Just have one question... Is it possible to get a "force widget refresh" option in the future? I have some widgets from PBS and SVT Play (official and legal) - it takes 10 - 15 seconds for them to refresh all the time. Would be great to only refresh once at start-up. I know Titan skin has this feature.

The default setting is with forced refreshing turned off. The widgets shouldn't refresh except for after you finishing watching something. There is no way that I know of to turn off refresh completely. Also I don't see that option in Titan...?
(2017-07-24, 09:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: @meridius - Cheers. That will be fantastic.

All the flags are a 71x48 px canvas (except resolution which are 66x48 and the ones that use the filename to determine source).
Pretty much all the flags have 8px of empty padding from the left, right, and bottom, and 10 pixel padding from the top. (the 10px from the top is to make them slightly shorter than the resolution flags which have 7px from top).

So an actual flag should be 55x30 pixels on a 71x48 pixel canvas. I use this same resolution in both Fuse and Horizon.

just checked this out.

the flags which are in the other folder are 64w x 64h but in kodi they get resized to 71w x 71h and have a 20 pixel above and below the black title bar
the flags which are in the resolution folder are 66w x 48h but in kodi they get resized to 73w x 53h and have a 29 pixel above and below the black title bar
the flags which are in the audio folder are 71w x 48h but in kodi they get resized to 79w x 53h and have a 29 pixel above and below the black title bar

so kodi is resizing the flags and they should be

other 71x71
res 73x53
audio 79x53

to stop kodi resizing them I would need to create the right size icon in the first place this would stop kodi from resizing them and might get a better picture quality. maybe I would have to see how that works.

I will have a play and see what I can do to see if we can improve on the quality of these flags. could you please tell me which file contains the code for the spacing and size of the flags as I could play with it and not bother you to much with it t and I can see if I can get it looking better and if it works out I can give you the info on that. but its a maybe as it might not work but I might as well try and see if I can

cheers
@meridius - what resolution are you using for your screen? Those resolutions you posted are incorrect in terms of how they are defined in the skin files. The skin is designed for 1920x1080 only. If you have a native 1080p tv, make sure you don't have any overscan on either the tv or in the screen calibration settings. Believe me when I tell you what the resolutions are because they are defined in code. Yes the other flags are a different size but that's it (and the resolution flags are only 66x48px but I add the extra padding in the skin)
@datorkop85 - moved your post to the Horizon thread and replied there.
So I guess we can't get artwork for skins since I can't run artwork downloader
(2017-07-25, 05:43)Jay19802005 Wrote: So I guess we can't get artwork for skins since I can't run artwork downloader

Just get a developer API from fanart.tv and put it into Artwork Downloader and it works fine. Its free to make one. There are instructions in the artwork downloader thread.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2618265

Also, the standard kodi Get Thumb function works fine for posters / fanart / banners.
Also you can manually download files and put them in the directories and do a local scan with artwork downloader.
When I went there to get API it asked for developer name...im not a developer, what would I have to put in there?
(2017-07-25, 06:43)Jay19802005 Wrote: When I went there to get API it asked for developer name...im not a developer, what would I have to put in there?

Whatever you want, it doesn't matter.
@jurialmunkey I got api key but what do i do next..i went into addon then providers then tmdb.py, but where do I paste key and what do i delete.TIA
(2017-07-25, 02:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: @meridius - what resolution are you using for your screen? Those resolutions you posted are incorrect in terms of how they are defined in the skin files. The skin is designed for 1920x1080 only. If you have a native 1080p tv, make sure you don't have any overscan on either the tv or in the screen calibration settings. Believe me when I tell you what the resolutions are because they are defined in code. Yes the other flags are a different size but that's it (and the resolution flags are only 66x48px but I add the extra padding in the skin)

lol you know what I completely forgot my monitor is a 1200 res and not 1080p, I will recheck on a 1080p screen. been a long day

cheers
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13