• 54(current)
(fuse)neue
(2017-09-17, 18:06)mxlance Wrote: @aeneas1
i asked for this some time ago. Jurialmunkey said it could not be done, as I remember.
thanks very much for the response @mxlance, disappointing news, really like how the alphastrip looks, for a moment there i thought an edit or two to the includes_object.xml file would do the trick, in the <include name="Object_AlphabetStrip"> section, but what i thought would definitely work only seemed to create a loop and crash kodi, oh well.
when i navigate through the header titles in the top menu bar of the home screen i get the "content loading..." message far too often imo, sometimes it seems to even "double load"... i only use kodi for nas movies (no tv, pvr, etc.) and rarely update the movie content, so i'm not sure why the skin/kodi needs to refresh/reload whenever i navigate as opposed to keeping the data in the cache? what's causing this, i don't remember ever seeing it when auditioning other skins?

EDIT - the log file was complaining an invalid include entry: skinshortcuts-template-home-submenu-widget... i'm not using any submenus in my layout, none are set up in my skin settings, which i guess was causing the issue? whatever the case, i commented out the include entry, nothing seems to be impacted adversely so far, and the constant "content loading" messages have disappeared...
looking at the skin a bit closer, it seems that the info that shows when you select a cover/movie (assuming you have show info checked in settings) is almost identical to what appears when you select the "info" button from within info, save for a few buttons, in short these two pages seem awfully redundant unless i'm missing a portion of the addon (the addon being extended info i'm assuming)?

also, i would like to disable the "resume" dialog and have all movies automatically play from the beginning... iirc some skins have this option in settings but can't seem to this setting with fuse... if there's not a setting where can i make a file edit? thanks!
Hey Jurialmunkey,

Have you seen issues where the menu items don't save? For some reason, and I think this worked fine before, it's like the menu items fail during writing. I did get the latest submenu code you mentioned a few posts back. I've reset Fuse(neue) and also SPMC entirely and started from scratch and it's still happening. I'm using the latest SPMC Krypton build and fuse(neue) 1.04.

Also, what do I need to do to get the skin backups working? It doesn't appear to save anything, regardless of where my file path is located. The restore dialog opens, so I know that part it working.

Any thoughts?
Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos / DTS:X
Sources: Nvidia Shield Pro / Xbox One X <||Theater Pics||>
when i select "director" under movie info the related movies are displayed but no background art is shown, seems to work for all other buttons tho, am i missing an addon or something? thanks!
This was probably asked and answered before, but would it be possible to have a view like an infowall so you can see way more items on the screen at a time? I love everything about this skin except for that one thing. It's really time consuming to browse for movies if you have a large collection.
(2017-09-20, 23:16)blazer380 Wrote: This was probably asked and answered before, but would it be possible to have a view like an infowall so you can see way more items on the screen at a time? I love everything about this skin except for that one thing. It's really time consuming to browse for movies if you have a large collection.
pretty much all other skins offer what you're asking, why not just use one of them, the beauty of this skin is the "low view" it offers, it's what the skin is really all about as far as i can tell, and it does it so elegantly, so perfectly, the large fanart behind the covers is awesome, but would be all but eliminated using an infowall view... re browsing using a single row of posters, i agree, very time consuming, but a great work around is just creating custom top menu items that go beyond the basic genre or favorites offerings, that way you can go directly to what you want...

i'm still in the process of playing around with the skin, as time permits, doing some skin edits, for example i made the posters in the bottom row bigger, and sized them so full posters appear per page instead of half poster at the end of the row, i also hid the scrollbar underneath the posters since i couldn't get the same scrollbar view per page, i.e. i couldn't get the alpha scrollbar throughout, didn't like have theline scroll on widget pages and alpha on others, nor did i like just having the line scroll and no alpha, the page numbers suffice for my needs... anyway, i want to try a few more edits but i'm really lovin' this skin!

(2017-09-18, 13:11)aeneas1 Wrote: looking at the skin a bit closer, it seems that the info that shows when you select a cover/movie (assuming you have show info checked in settings) is almost identical to what appears when you select the "info" button from within info, save for a few buttons, in short these two pages seem awfully redundant unless i'm missing a portion of the addon (the addon being extended info i'm assuming)?

also, i would like to disable the "resume" dialog and have all movies automatically play from the beginning... iirc some skins have this option in settings but can't seem to this setting with fuse... if there's not a setting where can i make a file edit? thanks!
Yeah all pressing the info button within info does is opens extended info - it looks the same because ive skinned extended that way so it appears integrated in the skin. There are a few features only available from extended info, so that's why there's the button. I heard something about extended info getting integrated into core. Not sure how true that is, but it would be great if it does eventually happen as it would remove the need for the info button altogether.

I think the resume stuff is in Library/Media settings iirc. I will check when I'm back at the computer.
(2017-09-18, 17:22)tknice1 Wrote: Hey Jurialmunkey,

Have you seen issues where the menu items don't save? For some reason, and I think this worked fine before, it's like the menu items fail during writing. I did get the latest submenu code you mentioned a few posts back. I've reset Fuse(neue) and also SPMC entirely and started from scratch and it's still happening. I'm using the latest SPMC Krypton build and fuse(neue) 1.04.

Also, what do I need to do to get the skin backups working? It doesn't appear to save anything, regardless of where my file path is located. The restore dialog opens, so I know that part it working.

Any thoughts?
You might need to delete the contents of the skinshortcuts folder in kodi's addon_data directory. I remember this happening to me once and it was because a file got corrupted there.

Yeah backup is from skin helper. It hasn't really worked that great for me recently. I put up an issue on marcelveldts github but haven't heard back yet.
(2017-09-19, 18:51)aeneas1 Wrote: when i select "director" under movie info the related movies are displayed but no background art is shown, seems to work for all other buttons tho, am i missing an addon or something? thanks!
iirc, the fanart only works for movies that are in your library. I was unable to get it to work for the other movies - I don't think the addon passes fanart through for them.
(2017-09-20, 23:16)blazer380 Wrote: This was probably asked and answered before, but would it be possible to have a view like an infowall so you can see way more items on the screen at a time? I love everything about this skin except for that one thing. It's really time consuming to browse for movies if you have a large collection.
Aeneas1 answered this pretty well I think. Skin is meant to be low list throughout. The skin was always meant to be an experiment with this idea. Plenty of other skins out there that give the "full" experience - I wanted to do something a bit different with this one.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-09-21, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: I think the resume stuff is in Library/Media settings iirc. I will check when I'm back at the computer.
yeah, i think that's where it was with the other skins i've demoed but not with this skin as far as i can tell, nor could i find the setting anywhere else... if there's not a setting i could probably just comment out the code if you know where it is?

(2017-09-21, 05:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: ]iirc, the fanart only works for movies that are in your library. I was unable to get it to work for the other movies - I don't think the addon passes fanart through for them
that's what i'd expect it to do but it doesn't for some reason, all background art is blank (displays the stock wallpaper) regardless if the movie is in my library or not.... interestingly tho, when i select "similar" in the extendedinfo screen, anything in my library shows the background fanart and even stuff that's not in my library shows background fanart, albeit it's a bit spotty, if it can't show the correct fanart it uses the fanart from the previous poster/cover viewed.
more on the director button, not only does it not show fanart in the background for movies in the library, but clicking on a poster that's returned after selecting director doesn't launch the movie dialogue/info page from where the movie can be played, as is the case with the similar button which seems to work perfectly, when i click on a movie poster from within director i'm shown another row of posters, it just doesn't seem to be working correctly.
Hi jurialmunkey, first of all thanks for your amazing skin, I love it!!!
I have an issue with extendedinfo:
if i click on an actor image i always receive "extendedinfo script error" message and nothing happens.
The same happens if I click on info button.

It's me or is a bug?

I'm on Android and I use your last git release.

Thx in advance.
How do I change tv shows to display as posters in widgets? I have ticked box in skin settings but it is having no effect.
Hey! I may have missed this, but I’m curious. While having a widget on screen the widget will auto scroll through movie posters and info. I have this enabled in the settings. However, while idle on a specific movie poster the widget keeps scrolling. I have auto scroll while idle in library disabled. Am I missing something? Or is that somehow intentional? If possible, please make it where scrolling through the widget while you have an item highlighted manual. Thanks! This skin is amazing by the way!
Hi, sorry but I couldn't find answers on this thread:
1.how do I change the transparancy of the home menu bar and the bottom bar ?

2. based on the above answer, is it possible to add the color picker to allow changing the menus color and transparency ?

Thanks
Is it possible (easy) to enable this skin on a Kodi 18 Leia installation?

I love this skin! I would like to test the next Kodi build on my test system, but I don't want to lose this skin.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13