• 8(current)
(fuse)neue
HeadUp about Weather Widget

Just a headsup for everyone about the weather widget. It is no longer a fallback widget, but is instead set in the home customisation window as an individual menu widget. If you were using the fallback weather widget make sure you set your fallback widget to something else and then set the individual menu items that you want to the weather widget.

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-03-11, 07:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-11, 07:12)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey,

Colored icons

http://holybid.com/kodi/resource.images.....coloured/

Ah even better, a resource file. Does it have the ratings (rottentomatoes etc.) icons?

No rottent tomato stuff, i can email them to you
(2017-03-11, 16:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: HeadUp about Weather Widget

Just a headsup for everyone about the weather widget. It is no longer a fallback widget, but is instead set in the home customisation window as an individual menu widget. If you were using the fallback weather widget make sure you set your fallback widget to something else and then set the individual menu items that you want to the weather widget.

Thanks.

Jurial would you consider adjusting the navigation so that from the top menubar you can access the widget row beneath by pressing up? I like that submenus are always displayed but when you've become accustomed to a single movement to access widgets it takes a little getting used to to have to move twice.
(2017-03-11, 16:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: HeadUp about Weather Widget

Can't get the weather background to display, is it possible that having arctic installed affects the functionality?
(2017-03-12, 03:19)Edworld Wrote: Can't get the weather background to display, is it possible that having arctic installed affects the functionality?

I have Arctic and latest GIT for (fuse)neue installed and weather background is showing for both
(2017-03-12, 03:36)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 03:19)Edworld Wrote: Can't get the weather background to display, is it possible that having arctic installed affects the functionality?
I have Arctic and latest GIT for (fuse)neue installed and weather background is showing for both

Well I definitely have Arctic installed and it works for me Wink Tongue

Make sure you have "Weather Fanart Multi" backgrounds installed and then select them in
Skin Settings > Background > Set weather fanart.

I really should remove the selection and just make it a download button as I'm pretty sure only the Multi resource pack works (single doesn't).
(2017-03-12, 00:51)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Jurial would you consider adjusting the navigation so that from the top menubar you can access the widget row beneath by pressing up? I like that submenus are always displayed but when you've become accustomed to a single movement to access widgets it takes a little getting used to to have to move twice.

Done. I already had it on my todo list.

There are, however, two small issues with it:
1. You have to press up twice to *return* to the menu bar because you have to go back through the submenu. You can press back from the widget - but that doesn't work if something is playing because kodi overrides all home onback actions to be togglefullscreen when something is playing
2. It seems if you use a widget on one of the submenu items it can sometimes prevent onup focusing the main menu widget (I know why it happens, but I'm not sure how I would fix it).
Also with weather, I just added support for changing weather icons (including animated weather icon packs). You can change them from the weather screen in the options menu.
With playlists, I am not getting poster size

watch gallery
@Edworld - is that music videos?? What content type is the playlist?

Music videos are tricky, because some people use them as video clips of songs and other people use them for dvd concerts. I think the default behaviour is for them to be treated as part of the music library. The default scraper for music videos is setup this way - I find to get dvd concerts to scan properly I have to scan them as movies with the movie scraper -- I put them in a different folder and then use smart playlists to separate them from my standard movies library. Also with that method they are treated as movies which they really are and then I can use music videos for music video clips.

P.S. I added coloured flags as an option in Skin Settings > Extras.
(2017-03-12, 06:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Edworld - is that music videos?? What content type is the playlist?

Correct, the content type is music videos. Concert dvd's
(2017-03-12, 06:45)Edworld Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 06:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Edworld - is that music videos?? What content type is the playlist?

Can you test latest git.
I added an option in "Skin Settings > Extras" that will enable poster aspect ratio for music videos in videolibrary.
It wont work on the home screen, but should work in the library. Still trying to figure out something for home screen.

Also note that the music videos section is not really meant to be used like this (but I recognise that many people do use it this way)
Officially it is supposed to be for music video clips.
The "official" way to set up concert videos is through the movies library and then using nodes to separate the content:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts
Jurialmunkey,

So I did a fresh install of Kodi, and I am missing the power label on the top. This is using windows 7

watch gallery
(2017-03-12, 07:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-12, 06:45)Edworld Wrote:

Can you test latest git.
I added an option in "Skin Settings > Extras" that will enable poster aspect ratio for music videos in videolibrary.
It wont work on the home screen, but should work in the library. Still trying to figure out something for home screen.

Also note that the music videos section is not really meant to be used like this (but I recognise that many people do use it this way)
Officially it is supposed to be for music video clips.
The "official" way to set up concert videos is through the movies library and then using nodes to separate the content:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Music_concerts

Enable poster aspect ratio works. I will read the wiki you linked, didnt know it existed.
@Edworld - I removed it from the default menu setup because there is the power button at the bottom. You can readd it by making a custom menu item with the following command
Code:
ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)

I just realised there is no common shortcut available by default in skinshortcuts for the shutdown menu, so I've added it to the skinshortcuts common grouping.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.