• 2(current)
(fuse)neue
Quote:New Info Dialog:

Nice, I'm looking forward to try the Alpha.. ;-)

Is it possible to (optionally) disable the Disc Poster in the Info Section?

Also I don't like the colored Icons for iMDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic- they just don't fit into the skin.
Could you use some grey icons instead? Something like that: http://fontawesome.io/icon/imdb/

Regards
matze276
Jurialmunkey, I've downloaded the alpha and have to say I absolutely love it! Great work!
@jurialmunkey,

thank you for keeping our skinning options relavent, and fresh!
keep pushing the boundaries of form v function!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
@jurialmunkey - love it, great work as always.

It is refreshing to keep everything within the same window ...having no separate home menu works well, at least it does the way you have implemented it.

I do not use sub menus I like to keep it simple for the wife and kids, removing the submenu items creates a glitch where I cannot access the widgets/movies below.

Thanks for this skin !
Thanks everyone Smile

@stueeey - The no submenu issue should be fixed now. Originally it was working fine, but I think as the conditions got more complex for the top bar movement it stopped working somewhere along the way and I didn't notice.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
And believe me that is very very easy to do...
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Hi jurialmunkey,

tried your skin a few minutes now and I must say it's very nice to handle.

A few things I noticed.
  • I'm using Widgets and Multi-Image as Background for my Menu. When using Background Images the lower OSD still exists but is empty. Can you Slide down the OSD if no Widget is being used? UPDATE: forget it. You've already done that :-)
  • Clicking on Movies and then Arrow up you get back to the Main Menu. But then the Widgets aren't loaded. When I switch to Series I'm still having my Movies in the lower OSD.

WIll test it further the next days.. ;-)

Btw.. thanks for changing the Icons (imdb, metacritic, etc.)
Looks a lot cleaner now.

Regards
matze276
(2017-03-04, 14:30)matze276 Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,
A few things I noticed.
  • I'm using Widgets and Multi-Image as Background for my Menu. When using Background Images the lower OSD still exists but is empty. Can you Slide down the OSD if no Widget is being used? UPDATE: forget it. You've already done that :-)
  • Clicking on Movies and then Arrow up you get back to the Main Menu. But then the Widgets aren't loaded. When I switch to Series I'm still having my Movies in the lower OSD.

Haha I was just about to reply that I thought I fixed that, then I saw your edit Smile

I thought showing the home widgets when focusing the home menu would be a bit confusing, but I can see the value in it so I added it as an option.
Skin Settings > Home > Show home widgets when top menu is focused
(2017-03-04, 15:16)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-03-04, 14:30)matze276 Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey,
A few things I noticed.

Haha I was just about to reply that I thought I fixed that, then I saw your edit Smile

I thought showing the home widgets when focusing the home menu would be a bit confusing, but I can see the value in it so I added it as an option.
Skin Settings > Home > Show home widgets when top menu is focused

You just don't give us enough time for testing :-P

Hm.. I know what you mean. Is it possible to enable the home widget as soon as you switch to another menu? E.g. when you're in Movies and arrow up you just keep the movies section. But in the moment you switch to Series it should enable to home widgets automatically. Because you cannot see a difference between the home menu and the arrow up it's hard for the user to understand when the home widget is shown and when not.
jurialmunkey:

This skin is very nice, noticed that you dropped the blue theme.

There is only a couple of things I can think of:

Adding the popcorn to the ratings section ( you have tomatoes, metacritic and IMDB)

and maybe adding an Info icon next to artwork downloader in case you want to add a popup box with additional info like critics consensus, awards, and everything skinhelper provides.

thanks for your work
Jurialmunkey:

Can you make the title of the movie scroll? and maybe reduce the space between flags

watch gallery
Really nice. Really fast to navigate. There is no way to change the style of the widget and it just chooses a style at random that often doesn't suit. Could you add an option to choose the widget style (square, landscape etc)
Will i be able to add and remove menu items from home ? I use Spotify addon and has no use of Music as a example. So can i add "Spotify" to start Spotify addon ?
(2017-03-04, 20:21)Edworld Wrote: This skin is very nice, noticed that you dropped the blue theme.

There is only a couple of things I can think of:
Adding the popcorn to the ratings section ( you have tomatoes, metacritic and IMDB)

and maybe adding an Info icon next to artwork downloader in case you want to add a popup box with additional info like critics consensus, awards, and everything skinhelper provides.
Thanks.

Yeah I only dropped the blue colour theme because I added skinhelper's colour selection, so I felt it wasn't necessary as all it did was change the highlight colour anyway. Leaving the colour themes for changing things like dialogs (there is a light dialog theme) so you can still mix and match colour highlight with colour theme. There will also be a flat texture theme that removes gradients when it goes to repo.

I assume the popcorn is for themoviedb ratings as that is the only ratings I could see from skinhelper that I was missing. Added on git.

I also added some extra info in video info - budget, box office, awards and consensus

(2017-03-04, 23:03)Edworld Wrote: Jurialmunkey:
Can you make the title of the movie scroll? and maybe reduce the space between flags
Done and done. Smile

(2017-03-05, 00:05)mark2112 Wrote: Really nice. Really fast to navigate. There is no way to change the style of the widget and it just chooses a style at random that often doesn't suit. Could you add an option to choose the widget style (square, landscape etc)
Can you tell me what addons / paths etc. are not giving the right view type?

The views are supposed to adapt based upon the content type -- landscape for tvshows and videos, posters for movies, square for music and addons. I want to check whether its something wrong with my code or if it is just addons not setting content type correctly (which, if the case, should be taken up with addon author).

(2017-03-05, 00:24)Jönke Wrote: Will i be able to add and remove menu items from home ? I use Spotify addon and has no use of Music as a example. So can i add "Spotify" to start Spotify addon ?
Yep the skin uses skin shortcuts, so you can setup the menu however you like.
Actually I see what's happening. I have "video addons" selected as a widget and its showing both the list view and poster over the top.

Edit: I had video addons widget set on two headings and only did this on one of them. I changed one of them to program addons and it works fine

Also just noticed that music/artists the artist thumb isn't showing up in the large box. Works fine for albums but not artists
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13