• 47(current)
(fuse)neue
(2017-07-28, 03:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 20:20)meridius Wrote: Hi there could you add the 4k UHD flag I did ?. the version where the DVD, Bluray flag is used when the file name contains
I already discussed this with you. I don't think flags about resolution should be determined by filename as it is completely possible to have a 4k source that is downscaled to 1080p or even lower. Also, that flag is for the source of the content, which is going to be a blu-ray and there is already a flag for that.

(2017-07-28, 01:45)buxtonlad Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 06:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Blurayx and @buxtonlad -- Thanks guys! I really appreciate it Big Grin
Hi buddy. Your very welcome. Another question for you please. I'm running this skin on spmc test build 17 alpha. Does this skin support 4k GUI or is fixed at 1980 resolution only?
The resolution the skin is made for is 1920x1080, but there shouldn't be any problem using 4k as it will just be upscaled by kodi. The great thing about 4k is that it is exactly double 1080p so it wont give any scaling issues (because it will just double the pixel size).

(2017-07-28, 03:22)unsurpassab1e Wrote: Great skin man!!
Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin

Hello again. Strange as I cannot set the GUI to 4k as the available resolution of 1920x1080 is the only one displayed. I'm running the latest spmc alpha build. Just wanted to check that skin would work with that. It's based on kodi17.
Hi there

It was just a thought, but 4k sourced downscaled To 1080p is still 2160p 4k sourced , also the 4kultra flag was designed for 4k ultra blurays only like dvd is for dvd and bluray is for bluray

4k ultra discs are bluray format but they are ultra 4k discs but its the next step eg. DVD,bluray.4k Ultra HD bluray

if you wanted I could do the logo again with bluray in the 4k ultra HD part

I know what you mean having the bluray logo been showing for 1080p and 2160p and just using the uhd res flag for 2160p blurays. But this is why I did a logo for the 4k ultra hd to show that you are using a bluray 4k ultra disc.

its up to you but I would of thought it would be better with the 4k flag for them sources in the future.

It's jut a thought that's all just trying to help

Showed her a couple of more logics done for you soon to for the video codec to.

cheers
@buxtonlad - The skin shouldn't have much to do with the resolution you can select. Kodi will just try to scale to the different resolution. It would either be a limitation of your hardware or something to do with spmc. Just to double check, try with the default skin and see if you can change resolution -- because if you can't do it with the default skin then it definitely isn't anything to do with this skin.

@meridius - I get the thinking behind it. I'm just concerned that it will cause confusion about resolution versus source. If there is a way to make it clearer that the flag is referring to the source rather than the resolution then I will be happy to include it.

I wonder if something like either of these would be better suited:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...29.svg.png
http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/...tion/image

The first one is probably better than the second in terms of readability.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-07-28, 09:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: @buxtonlad - The skin shouldn't have much to do with the resolution you can select. Kodi will just try to scale to the different resolution. It would either be a limitation of your hardware or something to do with spmc. Just to double check, try with the default skin and see if you can change resolution -- because if you can't do it with the default skin then it definitely isn't anything to do with this skin.

@meridius - I get the thinking behind it. I'm just concerned that it will cause confusion about resolution versus source. If there is a way to make it clearer that the flag is referring to the source rather than the resolution then I will be happy to include it.

Thanks again. All sorted. It was a handshake issue between my shield TV and avr. Powered down shield and all is well. Sorry buddy. Thanks for you help.
(2017-07-28, 09:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: @buxtonlad - The skin shouldn't have much to do with the resolution you can select. Kodi will just try to scale to the different resolution. It would either be a limitation of your hardware or something to do with spmc. Just to double check, try with the default skin and see if you can change resolution -- because if you can't do it with the default skin then it definitely isn't anything to do with this skin.

Hi mate. Yep no problems there with them logos I will sort somthing out and have a play with the logos you posted.

I think it might be a good idea to remove the disc text from the blu ray logo as well maybe just have bluray as there not realy discs what you think ? I have a play and see what they look like
(2017-07-28, 11:30)meridius Wrote: Hi mate. Yep no problems there with them logos I will sort somthing out and have a play with the logos you posted.

I think it might be a good idea to remove the disc text from the blu ray logo as well maybe just have bluray as there not realy discs what you think ? I have a play and see what they look like

I don't know what you mean by blu-rays are not discs? Whilst they aren't disks as in floppy diskettes, they certainly are discs as in a thin circular object. That's why a CD is a CD ("Compact Disc") and a DVD is a DVD ("Digital Versatile Disc"). The name "blu-ray" refers to the blue wavelength of the laser to read the disc. So they are certainly "blu-ray discs" as "blu-ray" by itself refers to the actual laser not the medium on which the content is stored.
@meridius - I was playing round with both those logos I linked and I think neither will work at that size. However, I tried splitting up your original 4k logo and splicing it with your bluray logo and think either result works well:

4K logo with bluray disc text:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...FnaTg/view

Bluray logo with UltraHD text:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...NJdVk/view

I'm not sure which I prefer. What do you think? I would be happy with either of these. And it means you don't have to make a flag because it is just splicing together two that have already been done. I think maybe I like the bluray logo with ultrahd text the best because it makes it clear that it is a bluray source, but the one with the 4k logo also has appeal because it is quickly differentiated from the standard bluray flag. Really on the fence with this one, happy to go either way!

EDIT: The other thing I was toying with was making the 4k logo one gold instead:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...N3TFU/view
Hi there they do look good but wanted to try and keep the 4k logo the same as the ultra hd much as possible and also leave in the bluray part as you seem to wanted that in there

so did this one don't know what you think,

link
https://ibb.co/hSw2FQ

I can do a white one if your happy with it. I added the gold or yellow part to it as you seemed to like that in the other image you posted

oh the filenames it would work with
UHD
UltraHD
Ultra HD

not 2160p as sometimes you can still have 4k but not from the blurays, also I will do a Hevc codec flag to for the 4k stuff
@meridius - I like it. Wasn't keen on the blue colour on the "ultra hd" text - I think it was making it look too busy having two different colours. So I made all the text white. I noticed that the logos on the 4k bluray cases had a metallic effect, so I added a slight metallic effect to the text.

What do you think? I like it like this -- its a bit hard to see the effect against the grey forum background, so I added a dark background so you can see how it would look in the info blade with the other flags.

Proper download link with transparency:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...Izd0k/view

Also, no need to make a white one. Easy enough for me to do it. Already added to git Big Grin
Hi there

I have done some more for you and liked the metallic effect

I have touched up the bluray flag in colour and white it might look the same but I added a space, I also tried to do a more metallic 4K flag for you to as you posted the one you did and tried to give it more of the look you wanted but see what you think to yours , also did the white 4k flag as the white one you did had some sort of dark line shadow. you don't really need a shadow on the text in colour versions as there so small.

I also redid the H.264 and H.265 and Hevc codec flags in color and white I hope you like them as there better readable now

need to look at the aspect ratio flags next lol

cheers

https://files.fm/u/scp32nqn
Hi there had a play and found a couple of bugs

The new version you uploaded yesterday the Blu-ray logo is not appearing any more the DVD and web/dl are

also there is a nasty bug that if you

1.highlight movies tab but don't select it
2. then highlight anything other than recently added movies but don't select eg. Sets
3. then move down to power so that its highlighted but don't select it
3. move down again then the skin is unusable the bar slides down then slides back up but then its locked that's until you use a mouse which I don't use and have to plug in to get it back to work it just seems to lock up on a page until you move a mouse and then you can select the tab to restore it

thanks
@meridius - bluray flag is working fine for me. It wont show if it is tagged as ultrahd, because the ultrahd logo gets used instead (plus there isn't enough room to show both).

I can't recreate the bug you are talking about.

I updated the bluray and 4k flags with your new ones. I replaced the monochrome hvec etc. flags with yours, but I left the original colour ones as I prefer them (the monochrome ones I had were very average though, so definitely replaced them).
I installed it on a new machine and all flags are working apart form the bluray flag for my blu rays I have not tried the ultraHd flag

just installed it on my main working machine and the Blu-ray flags are not working on latest version in colour and white had to revert back to older version of the skin to get to work, something is up

just wondering why did you not like the H.264 ? let me know and see what I can do.

ill pm you a video of the bug for the other thing that causes the skin to stop working until you use your mouse to get it back
That is weird that the flag isn't working. It is working fine for me:

I just like the style of the original colour H.264 flag - though the bottom text could use a but of a tidy up. Probably can use the bottom text from your flag onto the existing H264 logo. Also, the original colour HEVC 265 one is very good imho and doesn't need anything done.
(2017-07-29, 17:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: That is weird that the flag isn't working. It is working fine for me:

I just like the style of the original colour H.264 flag - though the bottom text could use a but of a tidy up. Probably can use the bottom text from your flag onto the existing H264 logo. Also, the original colour HEVC 265 one is very good imho and doesn't need anything done.

see what I can do on them flags before I start with the ratio flags

em I tried the skin on two machines and the bluray flag is not working it did on previous versions, is the trigger for the flag names still (blu-ray & bluray) ? the DVD and WEB-DL are working

found the problem with the new version of the skin the trigger for blu-ray is missing from the new version as the old version had bluray and blu-ray in the Includes_Object as I use Blu-ray for all my movies in the filename. The Includes_Object now only has bluray and the blu-ray line needs adding back into the Includes_Object

redid the codec flags for source tried to get abit more design for the h264 versions. Also used the same colour as the orig for the box fill colour to try and keep it the same and also did white versions. redid the h265 codecs to for you but kept it the same design as the orig since you liked it but made it sharper, better shadow, colour and sharper text

heres the link hope there better

https://files.fm/u/6p9a3hdg
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13