Release - (fuse)neue

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
buxtonlad Offline
(Yesterday 06:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:  @Blurayx and @buxtonlad -- Thanks guys! I really appreciate it Big Grin

Hi buddy. Your very welcome. Another question for you please. I'm running this skin on spmc test build 17 alpha. Does this skin support 4k GUI or is fixed at 1980 resolution only?
find quote
unsurpassab1e Offline
Great skin man!!
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
(Yesterday 20:20)meridius Wrote:  Hi there could you add the 4k UHD flag I did ?. the version where the DVD, Bluray flag is used when the file name contains
I already discussed this with you. I don't think flags about resolution should be determined by filename as it is completely possible to have a 4k source that is downscaled to 1080p or even lower. Also, that flag is for the source of the content, which is going to be a blu-ray and there is already a flag for that.

(Today 01:45)buxtonlad Wrote:  
(Yesterday 06:11)jurialmunkey Wrote:  @Blurayx and @buxtonlad -- Thanks guys! I really appreciate it Big Grin
Hi buddy. Your very welcome. Another question for you please. I'm running this skin on spmc test build 17 alpha. Does this skin support 4k GUI or is fixed at 1980 resolution only?
The resolution the skin is made for is 1920x1080, but there shouldn't be any problem using 4k as it will just be upscaled by kodi. The great thing about 4k is that it is exactly double 1080p so it wont give any scaling issues (because it will just double the pixel size).

(Today 03:22)unsurpassab1e Wrote:  Great skin man!!
Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin
find quote
buxtonlad Offline
(Today 03:59)jurialmunkey Wrote:  
(Yesterday 20:20)meridius Wrote:  Hi there could you add the 4k UHD flag I did ?. the version where the DVD, Bluray flag is used when the file name contains
I already discussed this with you. I don't think flags about resolution should be determined by filename as it is completely possible to have a 4k source that is downscaled to 1080p or even lower. Also, that flag is for the source of the content, which is going to be a blu-ray and there is already a flag for that.

(Today 01:45)buxtonlad Wrote:  
The resolution the skin is made for is 1920x1080, but there shouldn't be any problem using 4k as it will just be upscaled by kodi. The great thing about 4k is that it is exactly double 1080p so it wont give any scaling issues (because it will just double the pixel size).

(Today 03:22)unsurpassab1e Wrote:  Great skin man!!
Thanks! Glad you like it Big Grin

Hello again. Strange as I cannot set the GUI to 4k as the available resolution of 1920x1080 is the only one displayed. I'm running the latest spmc alpha build. Just wanted to check that skin would work with that. It's based on kodi17.
find quote
meridius Online
Posting Freak
Hi there

It was just a thought, but 4k sourced downscaled To 1080p is still 2160p 4k sourced , also the 4kultra flag was designed for 4k ultra blurays only like dvd is for dvd and bluray is for bluray

4k ultra discs are bluray format but they are ultra 4k discs but its the next step eg. DVD,bluray.4k Ultra HD bluray

if you wanted I could do the logo again with bluray in the 4k ultra HD part

I know what you mean having the bluray logo been showing for 1080p and 2160p and just using the uhd res flag for 2160p blurays. But this is why I did a logo for the 4k ultra hd to show that you are using a bluray 4k ultra disc.

its up to you but I would of thought it would be better with the 4k flag for them sources in the future.

It's jut a thought that's all just trying to help

Showed her a couple of more logics done for you soon to for the video codec to.

cheers
(This post was last modified: Today 08:28 by meridius.)
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
@buxtonlad - The skin shouldn't have much to do with the resolution you can select. Kodi will just try to scale to the different resolution. It would either be a limitation of your hardware or something to do with spmc. Just to double check, try with the default skin and see if you can change resolution -- because if you can't do it with the default skin then it definitely isn't anything to do with this skin.

@meridius - I get the thinking behind it. I'm just concerned that it will cause confusion about resolution versus source. If there is a way to make it clearer that the flag is referring to the source rather than the resolution then I will be happy to include it.

I wonder if something like either of these would be better suited:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...29.svg.png
http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/...tion/image

The first one is probably better than the second in terms of readability.
find quote
buxtonlad Offline
(Today 09:07)jurialmunkey Wrote:  @buxtonlad - The skin shouldn't have much to do with the resolution you can select. Kodi will just try to scale to the different resolution. It would either be a limitation of your hardware or something to do with spmc. Just to double check, try with the default skin and see if you can change resolution -- because if you can't do it with the default skin then it definitely isn't anything to do with this skin.

@meridius - I get the thinking behind it. I'm just concerned that it will cause confusion about resolution versus source. If there is a way to make it clearer that the flag is referring to the source rather than the resolution then I will be happy to include it.

Thanks again. All sorted. It was a handshake issue between my shield TV and avr. Powered down shield and all is well. Sorry buddy. Thanks for you help.
find quote
meridius Online
Posting Freak
(Today 09:07)jurialmunkey Wrote:  @buxtonlad - The skin shouldn't have much to do with the resolution you can select. Kodi will just try to scale to the different resolution. It would either be a limitation of your hardware or something to do with spmc. Just to double check, try with the default skin and see if you can change resolution -- because if you can't do it with the default skin then it definitely isn't anything to do with this skin.

Hi mate. Yep no problems there with them logos I will sort somthing out and have a play with the logos you posted.

I think it might be a good idea to remove the disc text from the blu ray logo as well maybe just have bluray as there not realy discs what you think ? I have a play and see what they look like
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
(Today 11:30)meridius Wrote:  Hi mate. Yep no problems there with them logos I will sort somthing out and have a play with the logos you posted.

I think it might be a good idea to remove the disc text from the blu ray logo as well maybe just have bluray as there not realy discs what you think ? I have a play and see what they look like

I don't know what you mean by blu-rays are not discs? Whilst they aren't disks as in floppy diskettes, they certainly are discs as in a thin circular object. That's why a CD is a CD ("Compact Disc") and a DVD is a DVD ("Digital Versatile Disc"). The name "blu-ray" refers to the blue wavelength of the laser to read the disc. So they are certainly "blu-ray discs" as "blu-ray" by itself refers to the actual laser not the medium on which the content is stored.
find quote
jurialmunkey Offline
Skilled Skinner
@meridius - I was playing round with both those logos I linked and I think neither will work at that size. However, I tried splitting up your original 4k logo and splicing it with your bluray logo and think either result works well:

4K logo with bluray disc text:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...FnaTg/view

Bluray logo with UltraHD text:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...NJdVk/view

I'm not sure which I prefer. What do you think? I would be happy with either of these. And it means you don't have to make a flag because it is just splicing together two that have already been done. I think maybe I like the bluray logo with ultrahd text the best because it makes it clear that it is a bluray source, but the one with the 4k logo also has appeal because it is quickly differentiated from the standard bluray flag. Really on the fence with this one, happy to go either way!

EDIT: The other thing I was toying with was making the 4k logo one gold instead:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1MT4e9...N3TFU/view
(This post was last modified: Today 15:45 by jurialmunkey.)
find quote