• 56(current)
(fuse)neue
(2017-10-15, 07:32)jurialmunkey Wrote: 1. It really depends. The skin creates a sort of template container that defines the layout of the content (e.g. positioning and size of image and label controls, and animations etc.). So the skin basically defines where everything goes on the screen -- e.g. what textures/info/artwork will be shown at what coordinates and what size (I'm simplifying but this the basic idea). The skin uses info labels which are filled by Kodi relating to each different item in the list container -- e.g. the skin will use ListItem.Art(poster) in an image control and Kodi will fill the infolabel with the path to the appropriate poster artwork for each item in the list, or say ListItem.Genre which is a text string that kodi fills with all the genres for that particular item and so on. Kodi fills all these different info labels based upon whatever the content is for that particular widget container -- So it might be from the library database if it is a smart playlist or library path (which is saved from data pulled from online websites like imdb or themoviedb). Or it might come from an add-on like Skin Helper Widgets or Youtube -- in this case, the addon tells Kodi how to fill all the info labels. Does that make sense?
yes, it makes perfect sense, in fact it also serves as a great reminder that i don't know what the hell i'm doing when i make edits, ha ha... nonetheless, thank you very much for taking the time to explain, i find this stuff very interesting and hope to be able to roll up my sleeves when time permits and really learn it.

"jurialmunkey Wrote:2. There isn't really a way in this skin to define sort order. I do have sort order options in Horizon, but it was a lot of work getting it to work correctly and at the moment I'm really busy so I don't have time to port those features over to fuse.
was afraid of that... i've looked around in py files and the databases using sqlite but didn't across anything that looked, to my untrained eyes, that it would do the trick, doesn't seem like it would be such a tough edit/fix, assuming your weren't interested in creating a context menu toggle that would give you different options, but instead a file edit that you wanted to just set once.

"jurialmunkey Wrote:3. You might need to make a menu item for it in skin settings > home customisation dialog. The skin uses skin shortcuts addon, so the menus are shared with other skins and are fully customisable, so it is possible that things get moved around rather than being in the default place.
thanks for the suggestion, i'll give it a try.

"jurialmunkey Wrote:4. Sort order shouldn't be overridden. Double check that the smart playlist is sorting correctly when you open it in the library.
will do, thanks!

a couple of more items for you or the group:

1. what is the "force native appearance" setting in the extendedinfo dialog supposed to do? i never used it with estuary so i don't know, doesn't seem to do anything with fuse.

2. are flags supposed to appear to the far right on the extendedinfo infobar or infobar sublabel as they do in dialogvideoinfo / library views? the area is blank/empty when i view extended info.

3. in "videos > default set action" i have it set to "show information" which is what i want, i.e. when i select a movie poster i want info to display, and it does.... but from the info screen when i select the play button i just want the movie to play from beginning, i don't want to be prompted whether i want to resume it or start from the beginning, how can i make this happen?

again, thanks very much!
jurialmunkey,

Still loving the skin ... it my "keeper" ... Smile

I noticed you use a LONG press to change audio on video files

I would love to be to able to jump to letter (SHIFT+A) "stylee" from a long press but this keymap doesn't work .... any ideas ??

<keyboard>
<Z mod="longpress">SHIFT-Z</Z>
</keyboard>

the longpress part works as I tried a MUTE option for longpress Z and it worked but SHIFT-Z did not neither did SHIFT+Z

looking at "NextLetter" no but its not clear how you would pass a letter via a Keyamp .... NextLetter[r] Huh?
there seems to be a bug when playing youtube vids from the extendedinfo window...info> youtube > pick a youtube vid and it begins to play, closing it returns you to the info page but the animated plot is gone and selecting back from there crashes kodi, complains about expecting to find a 305 control iirc.
i get a bunch of instances of the following warning in the log file, and the widgets that i've set up in skin settings are slow to load, slow to display posters, i get the "content loading..." message for what seems to be a long time, are these two things related? when i use estuary there never seems to be a delay, the posters are just there, it's as if estuary caches the widget data but fuse doesn't? also, if i play a movie and then close it, the widgets seem to reload, again showing the "content loading..." message, it's pretty frustrating and takes away from the fantastic fuse skin, is there any way to fix this prob? my movies are stored on an external drive that's hard-wired to my network, i'm using windows 10/64, kodi 17... i've tried using kodi 18/64 but nothing changes, i get the same warning  messages in the log and widgets are still very slow to load.

Quote:07:10:22.498 T:68792 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\Kaimanu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py): the python script "C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:: DialogBusy
(2016-02-17, 05:08)jurialmunkey Wrote: Version 2.2.1

Hi guys, just a heads up that I've pushed a new version to github master branch (Jarvis).

This is a big change in the way widgets are handled - I've switched to using skinshortcuts templates. This means we now have persistent widgets that don't need to reload everytime you switch menu items.

Also, the weather widget now displays a forecast in the widget box in Classic home mode, similar to how the weather widget is in Vertical.

@jurialmunkey

after doing a kodi forum search i cam across the above old post of yours in the artic zephyr thread which seems to address exactly what i've been experiencing, slow reloading of widgets every time i switch menu items and when i return to the home page from the settings page or movie screen, i don't have the "persistent widgets" that you mention, is there any way that i can fix this on my end? thanks!
1. if i have show info selected in options, when i click a movie poster i get the info page and from there i can select play to play the movie, perfect... but when i'm playing the movie and then close it, i'm returned to the widget page not the movie info page... how i can i return to the info page? is there an easy code edit?

2. love the widgets but they're too slow to populate, is there a way to disable auto refresh, a code edit?

3. is there a way to have the skin display the movie library when kodi is first launched? not a widget to set up to display the library content, but the actual library with the options menu in the bottom left hand corner?
@aeneas
1. Not possible

2. Kodi refreshes widgets after something plays - the skin doesn't controls this (the only control I have is to force the widgets to refresh every time they are visible which is something I don't do anyway). There is absolutely no reason why widgets would reload more than any other skin or take longer than any other skin unless you are using different widgets or a greater number of widgets

3. Yeah in the kodi settings somewhere there is an option for start up window. I'm not at my computer so can't check exact location but there definitely is an option (not a skin setting - it is a standard kodi setting)
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Actually, @aeneas1, can you test the latest update on github? I think maybe your issue with widgets is because I am hiding them when they update. I've changed it so they only hide when updating only if they are already empty. I think maybe this is what Estuary does which gives you the impression that they are cached.

Also, the setting for startup window is
Settings > Interface > Other > Startup Window
first, thanks a ton for your responses @ jurialmunkey

1. impossible to return to the info page once a movie is stopped, got it, disappointing, altho i now understand that it's not a skin issue.

2. settings > interface > other > startup window, yes, tried these settings, but they only take me to the movie folder, the root, i want startup to behave like activatewindow(videos,videodb://movies/titles/,return), i.e. take me to and display the actual movies and not include any folders... can i edit a file that will make this happen?

3. updated to the latest fuse (neue) and it made no difference, also tried kodi 17.5 and the latest fuse, same thing, widget posters are slow to display, and the log file continues to show many instances of the following warning, just as before, which i assume is related to the slow loading widgets:

WARNING: CPythonInvoker(15, C:\Users\Kaimanu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py): the python script "C:\Users\Kaimanu\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.extendedinfo\plugin.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: class XBMCAddon::xbmcgui:Big GrinialogBusy

my guess is this has nothing to do with your awesome skin, and everything to do with how kodi and the widgets handle widget refreshing... doing a search it seems to be a common complaint, is there a way i can disable refreshing, via a code edit, the way i used kodi i don't need refreshing, i don't use start/resume points, movie ratings, pvr or weather features. nothing that needs to be refreshed.

thanks again!
No you cant disable widget refreshing. It is built into kodi core.

For startup window. In Startup.xml change this line
Code:
<onfocus condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(StartupPlaylist))">AlarmClock(GoHome,ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow]),00:01,silent,false)</onfocus>

Change the ReplaceWindow($INFO[System.StartupWindow]) with the location you want to go to
e.g. change to
Code:
<onfocus condition="String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(StartupPlaylist))">AlarmClock(GoHome,ReplaceWindow(videos,videodb://movies/titles/),00:01,silent,false)</onfocus>
@jurialmunkey

Quote:For startup window. In Startup.xml change this line

bam! worked like a charm, thanks a ton! just when i think i'm becoming familiar with the code and what it does, i run into something like this, i would have never guessed that line was the answer, i played around with other lines in the startup.xml file but no luck... a couple of questions:

1. why does the library load so quickly compared to the widgets? i assume it gets "refreshed" as well? with the library as my start screen, it gives the hidden widgets time to load, and the feeling/impression that that the skin is much snappier, at least that's been my experience so far.

2. a snag tho, if i backspace out of the library i'm taken through all of the parent folders instead of directly the widget screen, is there a way to fix this? when i set up the library as an action for a widget, i.e. i click a widget menu item and it takes me to the library, backspacing out of it takes me to the widget menu, no parent folders, which is what i'm looking for, can i get the library on startup to do the same thing?

@jurialmunkey

Quote:No you cant disable widget refreshing. It is built into kodi core.

thanks again jm!
@jurialmunkey
Any plans to do this skin in 21:9

More and more people are going 21:9 including me Smile and there arent much skins for it yet.
This one would rock !
hi,

How can I install the latest version of this skin?
Can anybody point me to a step by step guide?

thx!
(2017-11-04, 18:28)qtrinityss Wrote: hi,

How can I install the latest version of this skin?
Can anybody point me to a step by step guide?

thx!

Go it. I dowloaded the zip file from github and have now 1.0.4 
Although i thought there was a version 2?
Hi,

Anyone else issues with creating submenus on the main page?
I created 2 submenus under movies. But i end up with one without a name and one with the correct name.
both work though...
this function seems quite buggy...

thx!
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(fuse)neue13