• 35(current)
Xbox One Discussion
I can't get uPNP to work no matter what I try with it. My desktop install can see my XB1 install, but not the other way around. Also, VLC on my XB1 and the default interface on my Smart TV can both see my desktop install.
Playing video from my NAS (SMB) sometimes get buffering, H264 DD5.1, file size is about 4GB, 2hours.
I setup a speed test web page in my NAS, then use Edge in my original Xbox One to test my wifi connection to NAS, download speed is 60Mbps ~ 70Mbps.
In theory, it's absolutely enough to streaming this video, how can I find out what's the root cause of buffering?
(2018-06-01, 19:54)twilightgod Wrote: Playing video from my NAS (SMB) sometimes get buffering, H264 DD5.1, file size is about 4GB, 2hours.
I setup a speed test web page in my NAS, then use Edge in my original Xbox One to test my wifi connection to NAS, download speed is 60Mbps ~ 70Mbps.
In theory, it's absolutely enough to streaming this video, how can I find out what's the root cause of buffering?

I would also like to know this because even though editing the cache via advancedsettings.xml helps some, it does not stop buffering issues for me.

And I have buffering issues with everything from 750mb (SD) Avi files to 3.7Gb (HD) x264 files.
It would be very interesting to add kodi in Xbox One and I'm sure it'll be great!  Big Grin
I've just received an update (June 9 2018) and unfortunately it seems to be causing problems with the refresh rate and resolution settings.

The "Auto Adjust Refresh Rate" option is unfortunately no longer functional (worked great for the last few updates).

There are also some strange qualities to the Display Settings options. I don't know if these issues are older or specifi to this update. Rather than having independent - Resolution and - Refresh Rate options, each Resolution seems to be locked to (usually) one specific refresh rate. e.g.:

720p locks it to 50h. 1080p locks it to 23hz. There are two 2160p options. The first locks it to 50hz and the second can actually have either 23hz or 59hz selected. Interestingly, if I adjust the refresh rate parameter, it changes it to the resolution associated with that. So, if I'm at 1080p 23hz, and change to 50hz, my resolution drops to 720p. Fortunately, because all three options are available at 2160p, I can manually change it and still watch all of my media.

I should point out that my display is compatible with all of these resolution and refresh rate combinations, and they show up as available in the Xbox system settings.
(2018-06-10, 19:13)elgarlic Wrote: The "Auto Adjust Refresh Rate" option is unfortunately no longer functional (worked great for the last few updates).
It works, seems you didn't define white list (new feature). Go to Display settings and select allowed resolutions.

(2018-06-10, 19:13)elgarlic Wrote: There are also some strange qualities to the Display Settings options.
Seems this happens if Xbox display settings are 2160p. Temporal solution is switch 1080p in xbox settings (you can switch to 2160p in Kodi then).
Could someone look for me if in the latest update "inputstream adaptive" addon is present/available? Thxxx
Is there anyway to make Kodi continue to run in the background, or with other apps?  I would like to have Kodi playing music while playing. It runs for 30 seconds or so before shutting off for me.
(2018-06-11, 02:55)90SG Wrote: Is there anyway to make Kodi continue to run in the background, or with other apps?  I would like to have Kodi playing music while playing. It runs for 30 seconds or so before shutting off for me.

No Smile
(2018-06-10, 21:23)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-06-10, 19:13)elgarlic Wrote: The "Auto Adjust Refresh Rate" option is unfortunately no longer functional (worked great for the last few updates).
It works, seems you didn't define white list (new feature). Go to Display settings and select allowed resolutions.

(2018-06-10, 19:13)elgarlic Wrote: There are also some strange qualities to the Display Settings options.
Seems this happens if Xbox display settings are 2160p. Temporal solution is switch 1080p in xbox settings (you can switch to 2160p in Kodi then). 
Excellent. Thanks for the help. The whitelist did indeed fix everything.
Thanks. It would be nice if it could be added in the future.
(2018-06-02, 20:47)UraFarquad Wrote:
(2018-06-01, 19:54)twilightgod Wrote: Playing video from my NAS (SMB) sometimes get buffering, H264 DD5.1, file size is about 4GB, 2hours.

I would also like to know this because even though editing the cache via advancedsettings.xml helps some, it does not stop buffering issues for me.

And I have buffering issues with everything from 750mb (SD) Avi files to 3.7Gb (HD) x264 files.

Can anyone from the Dev Team offer any advice or possibly a member? Thanks
(2018-06-14, 05:35)UraFarquad Wrote: Can anyone from the Dev Team offer any advice or possibly a member? Thanks

Post your Debug log (wiki).
Over the past week or two, I've had a couple of Kodi 18 alpha updates on UWP XBOX One. However, the Alpha version (2) name has remained the same.

Have there been actual updates?
or
is this my Xbox just freaking out for some reason and re-downloading kodi?

There's a nasty crashing bug whenever i access the movie poster scarper with any skin that crashes the app and this is still present with the last 2 updates I've had.

I know devs don't want to give updates on kodi versions that are still very early in development, but something (even just a tiny note, or even an version number increment) would stop a lot of concerns and questions like this.

Keep up the good work chaps. Kodi on the xbox one has brought me full circle and its so good to use just one device for all my entertainment purposes.
(2018-06-14, 17:34)rudeboyx Wrote: There's a nasty crashing bug whenever i access the movie poster scarper with any skin that crashes the app and this is still present with the last 2 updates I've had.

can you explain in details how to reproduce the issue?
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6