• 37(current)
Xbox One Discussion
(2018-08-27, 14:03)jcwillia1 Wrote: It’s becoming increasingly evident to me that ripping 4k discs is going to be far more painful than it is worth.
Ripping/remuxing videos via CPU only is a giant task, yes. A h264/h265-encoder via a GPU will work much quicker (YMMV), although some people say that there will be some form of quality loss when using a GPU for this. Copying 4K videos 1-on-1 should only require a large enough hard disk.
(2018-08-27, 14:10)Klojum Wrote:
(2018-08-27, 14:03)jcwillia1 Wrote: It’s becoming increasingly evident to me that ripping 4k discs is going to be far more painful than it is worth.
Ripping/remuxing videos via CPU only is a giant task, yes. A h264/h265-encoder via a GPU will work much quicker (YMMV), although some people say that there will be some form of quality loss when using a GPU for this. Copying 4K videos 1-on-1 should only require a large enough hard disk.

I’ve read through countless pages of people using trial and error to figure out how to rip 4k discs using makemkv. It’s not a simple task.

The movie studios have done their homework this time and they’ve done it well.
Also I feel a little dirty every time I rip a redbox blu ray even if I delete it right away. I have to rip the movie to use the vertical shift (long story, bad theater design)

And then there’s the fact my $500 Xbox won’t output 7.1 for streamed videos. (Seriously that last one makes me mad)
Anyone else have issues with the latest beta 1?
For me the video playback is choppy, which it wasn't on the latest Alpha 3. Every video was smooth.

I'm watching from NAS with SMB.
(2018-08-28, 14:29)nuge Wrote: Anyone else have issues with the latest beta 1?
For me the video playback is choppy, which it wasn't on the latest Alpha 3. Every video was smooth.

I'm watching from NAS with SMB.

No issues for me. Watched through all of return of the king on Saturday with no hiccups of any kind.
(2018-08-26, 19:17)Kryptobuild Wrote:  it is a small bug in some skins.. But its working for me. what skin do you use? i use https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=330749 (AKA Titan Mod) works just fine.

I tested your suggested skin and some other skins like mimic or grid and videos are still not marked as watched. As next I uninstalled Kodi and started from scratch. But the problem remains.. Are there maybe other suggestions? Is there any official way to report bugs?

Best regards
Stefan
A few questions:
1)can kodi play media files from the internal hard drive of the Xbox or only from external drives?
2)Is there a limit on how many files  I can move to the internal hdd with the file explorer, someone told me that there is a 8gig limit, but that was over a year ago, has it changed?
I basically want to install a larger internal hdd and move all my media files into it and use the xbox as a media player.
I'm pretty sure you can't change the internal HDD on the Xbox.
Sure you can. There are many examples on the Internet. For example https://betanews.com/2018/01/04/upgrade-...-2tb-sshd/
But generally NAS is a lot better solution for this.
I stand corrected.
The place where I wanna put the Xbox has no internet (it's on our beach house) so no streaming or Nas server or anything, that's why I'm asking if I can play the files from the internal HDD and if there's a limit on how many files I can install.
Hi, I've run into a bit of a problem; I'm using FTP to share media from a windows 10 media server to xbox one kodi, the media server does not want to stay awake with this file sharing method.
I have a rpi running kodi which uses SMB and this keeps the media server awake perfectly.
I have the media server set to hibernate after 25 mins of inactivity and not to idle to sleep if sharing media.
It seems FTP on windows 10 is ignoring the "do not idle to sleep if sharing media" setting, is this a limitation of FTP or is there something i can change to make it work?
I have advanced wake on lan in kodi set to send continuous wol packets but this is not working.

Sorry if this is not relevant here but any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
(2018-08-30, 19:23)Dobsie Wrote: Hi, I've run into a bit of a problem; I'm using FTP to share media from a windows 10 media server to xbox one kodi, the media server does not want to stay awake with this file sharing method.
I have a rpi running kodi which uses SMB and this keeps the media server awake perfectly.
I have the media server set to hibernate after 25 mins of inactivity and not to idle to sleep if sharing media.
It seems FTP on windows 10 is ignoring the "do not idle to sleep if sharing media" setting, is this a limitation of FTP or is there something i can change to make it work?
I have advanced wake on lan in kodi set to send continuous wol packets but this is not working.

Sorry if this is not relevant here but any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Why not use SMB on Xbox also?
You need to enable the "SMB support (libsbm2)"-addon to enable SMB
Is choppy playback for 4k files in Kodi on Xbox one fixed?
Every 4k file that I am running from attached external HDD is running slowly.
I am trying to run x265 files.

Are you also have this issue? Is it fixed?
I am running on latest kodi version for Xbox, using Xbox one x.
Thanks.
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6