• 5(current)
Xbox One Discussion
I use Plex for a server to host my catalogue of movies & tv shows, But their Plex app for Xbox One is 100% rubbish. Converts almost every file down to 100% rubbish & serves it to you like its a dogs dinner & expect you to be happy with it.... I cant wait for the day Kodi comes to Xbox One, I can then use PKC to integrate my library with Kodi & have it to direct play every file & its original quality with its own player.
(2017-12-24, 20:28)BIFFTAZ Wrote: I use Plex for a server to host my catalogue of movies & tv shows, But their Plex app for Xbox One is 100% rubbish. Converts almost every file down to 100% rubbish & serves it to you like its a dogs dinner & expect you to be happy with it.... I cant wait for the day Kodi comes to Xbox One, I can then use PKC to integrate my library with Kodi & have it to direct play every file & its original quality with its own player.

Have you tried serviio ,it works for me, free too.
(2017-12-24, 23:01)Picard Wrote:
(2017-12-24, 20:28)BIFFTAZ Wrote: I use Plex for a server to host my catalogue of movies & tv shows, But their Plex app for Xbox One is 100% rubbish. Converts almost every file down to 100% rubbish & serves it to you like its a dogs dinner & expect you to be happy with it.... I cant wait for the day Kodi comes to Xbox One, I can then use PKC to integrate my library with Kodi & have it to direct play every file & its original quality with its own player.

Have you tried serviio ,it works for me, free too.  
Thanks for the tip. I'll take a look at it!

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems that the required Java version (8) is not available for my Synology NAS 413J hence I can't install Serviio... Sad
This is great news. I just got a shield (specifically for kodi), but have yet to unbox it. Should I return it? When this happens, would the XBone S outperform the shield? Are there any inherent, known limitations (hd audio, auto-switching, etc) to kodi on xbone s/x?
I got an Xbox one x and I was thinking about returning it for a ps4 pro but if xbone is going to support Kodi with all the bells and whistles, I’m gonna keep it.
I just installed it on My Xbox One X its Leia Alpha 1 and Xbox remote it's not supported. This is soo cool. Thank you soo much😆😆
(2017-12-28, 23:50)zeroq Wrote: I just installed it on My Xbox One X its Leia Alpha 1 and Xbox remote it's not supported. This is soo cool. Thank you soo much😆😆
 what's it like? Can you scan all libraries? Tried NFS, SMB libraries? What's the speed like, does it play back 4K x265 files etc?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
OMG it is available for me too, just adding an NFS library now, will get some 4K content to test that out too from my One S.  So excited as I was looking for a 4K playback device this week in the sales. e.g. Shield
Did you guys have to side load it Using a developers account or is it available through the standard ms store?

Anybody tried it on one X?
(2017-12-29, 00:23)ozkhan1 Wrote: Did you guys have to side load it Using a developers account or is it available through the standard ms store?

Anybody tried it on one X?

Standard store

Passthrough audio provided no sound at all on my one s with my onkyo avr fed via optical
Testing right now and unfortunately smb doesn't seem supported at all. Can't set up nfs with my Nas and upnp doesn't work. No ui sound as well. Outside of that, I could install aeon nox, ui is very fast and everything looks like the full kodi experiment with an xbox pad. I just need to find a way to add my network files...

Good job team. This look very promising.
How can i download It? I have It on my account into Windows store, but i dont see on Xbox one.
Need to be an developer account?
(2017-12-29, 00:09)cable_guy Wrote:
(2017-12-28, 23:50)zeroq Wrote: I just installed it on My Xbox One X its Leia Alpha 1 and Xbox remote it's not supported. This is soo cool. Thank you soo much😆😆
 what's it like? Can you scan all libraries? Tried NFS, SMB libraries? What's the speed like, does it play back 4K x265 files etc?

I can't add any library. How did you do it.
Did any one figure out how to add library from nas?
i would also like to know if anyone has had any luck with adding shares.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6