• 2(current)
Xbox One Discussion
Any news? My dream, the One S with Kodi, the PERFECT MACHINE
I don't anticipate news for a while. There's still a ways to go. Think more summer than spring.
So there is this announcement in february : http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/02/kodi-co...e-uwp-app/ , and i was pretty happy that Kodi is returning to Xbox, but since then i have never heard anything new about Kodi coming to Xbox One.

So is it still coming? Do we have a release date?
Thank you.
It'll be ready when it's ready.
Quote:It'll be ready when it's ready.

oh come on!

Its a new member and his first post how about some thing a little more positive and less hostile, here are two examples.

"Hi baicu91,

Many thanks for your message and let me be the first to welcome you to the forums. Yes we are working on a release for the Xbox one. At this moment in time we cannot give a release date, however, as and when news on the Xbox one release becomes available it will be provided on our blog section located here https://kodi.tv/blog so book mark the page now."

Many thanks for your interest"

or

"Hi baicu91,

Many thanks for your message and let me be the first to welcome you to the forums. No we are no longer working on a release for the Xbox one, however there are still many ways you can enjoy kodi on other platforms more details can be found in the download section, https://kodi.tv/download

Many thanks for your interest"

I think that seems so much nicer.
Sure if the same thing has not been asked several times already.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sticky at the top perhaps?

"Latest news on Kodi for Xbox one?"
Sure let's add a sticky to whatever question comes along......

Maybe we could implement a search function.... Oh wait, there already is one
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I want to express my particular gratitude towards the development of an UWP app for Xbox One.

Take all the time you need to develop it and I am sure it will turn out great!
(2017-05-18, 21:05)chris8240 Wrote: I want to express my particular gratitude towards the development of an UWP app for Xbox One.

Just wish there was some place to quietly watch the progress of it. If anyone asks for any updates people get uppidty. I understand a lot of people ask, but some place to watch progress would be nice, kinda like the WIP skin threads. Everyone knows Aeon 2017 will be done when its done and no eta, but its nice to get the random updates on it from time to time.

Either way, cant wait. Kodi on Xbox One will be a day one install for me and will allow me to use one device for everything, finally.
(2017-05-18, 23:05)thesuffering Wrote:
(2017-05-18, 21:05)chris8240 Wrote: I want to express my particular gratitude towards the development of an UWP app for Xbox One.

Just wish there was some place to quietly watch the progress of it. If anyone asks for any updates people get uppidty. I understand a lot of people ask, but some place to watch progress would be nice, kinda like the WIP skin threads. Everyone knows Aeon 2017 will be done when its done and no eta, but its nice to get the random updates on it from time to time.

Either way, cant wait. Kodi on Xbox One will be a day one install for me and will allow me to use one device for everything, finally.
FYI; small progress report is availble in paxxi presentations during Microsoft Build 2017:

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-presenting-...build-2017

You can watch the recordings here:

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/T6107-R1
https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/T6107-R2

At least it sounds as if Team-Kodi Windows developers are making progress with UWP.
This is the big reason why we didn't announce support for Android or iOS until we were ready for at least a beta release on those platforms. There was a lot less gnashing of teeth when people didn't know to expect anything.

Then again, this is the xbox and therefore the gaming world, where everything gets announced and hyped as early as humanly possible. If there was a platform where announcing so early made sense, this would be it.
Just wanted to check in to see how things are going on the UWP front. Havent heard anything in a while. Wanting to consolidate down to 1 machine for Kodi, Netflix, Amazon, etc and ideally that would be the Xbox One as its already in my home and inputs wouldnt have to be changed for anything. I understand there is never a definite time frame for these types of things, but is there any general idea if its closer to 3 months, 6 months, or a year or greater down the road? If its in the relative near future then Ill just stick with separate machines (xbox for netflix, amazon, etc and laptop for kodi) for now but if its 6-12 months or longer i might just bite the bullet and get something like the Mii Box or Shield.

Again, i dont expect some definite deadline but if anyone has insight of how far its come and how far its estimated out it'd be great.
**EDIT: My apologies, someone else asked just the other day in another thread.**

Any update on this guys please? Patiently waiting, well ok, maybe not so patiently haha!

Many thanks,
Still no info. The guys working on it are still working on it. We can't really give any time estimations. Remember, this is a volunteer project. Even fully professional projects can only make broad guesses about the time it takes to code something. When you are dealing with volunteer code, any guesses we make would be entirely imaginary. The best we can say is that it'll likely come out eventually.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6