• 11(current)
Xbox One Discussion
(2017-12-30, 01:34)zeroq Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 18:58)Sukre Wrote:
(2017-12-29, 18:13)BIFFTAZ Wrote:  
"Rome wasn’t built in a day"

Hope im wrong but none of all xbox apps can play 4k hevc, the only hope was kodi and if even kodi cant play it on a xbox one x, so i think the nvidia shield is the only aceptwble device for this
My Xbox one x plays 4k 10bit hevc hdr no stutter only colore is faded and that will be fixed in the future.

Can u post the media info of that file please and how are u playing it (ftp, nfs, if network setup is full 1000/1000) Mine dont crash but shutters with every 4k high bitrate file
It crashes with 4k hdr files only. With 4k sdr you get heavy stuttering and buffering every 5s. Big buck bunny is a good 4k sdr test file.
Absolutely fantastic to have Kodi for Xbox! Nicely done team! I'm new to the forums even thou used the software from the early Xbmc times in the original xbox and wondering how to start my query. So I just installed Alpha version and it works pretty well already which is nice, but I have problems to login to Tidal (plugin) and wondering where and how should I report this? Thanks!

-Gustav
(2017-12-30, 02:29)maker3 Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 00:15)jjd-uk Wrote: all platforms capable of providing shares should be able to do both smb and nfs so shouldn’t be a major issue short term.
I would say that Windows solutions to make NFS share are very poor (and any native).
But maybe everyone use NAS.

Today I tested bunch of 1080p releases and everything is working very smooth. I didn't notice any crashes. I was surprised that DTS could be transcoded to DD, I thought it will be problem but not. 
I would say that using windows as a file server is an exercise in frustration, at least on the desktop versions.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-30, 05:34)thesuffering Wrote: Can anyone help how to share a folder via NFS in Windows 10 Pro?  I have enabled NFS server in features (built in Windows 10 Pro) but cant figure out how to share certain folders.
Right-click on the folder you want to share.  You should see an "NFS Sharing" tab.

Be forewarned - it's not as easy as setting up SMB.  You'll need to get permissions correct - e.g. "everyone" needs read and execute rights to all folders/files.
(2017-12-30, 10:24)Ugga Wrote: Having a really hard time to decide between a one s and the nvidia shield now. Confused
 my exact same dilemma but no decision can be made until there's more progress with the Xbox app
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
(2017-12-29, 18:30)ppilot Wrote: I am sure this has been mentioned earlier, but is HD audio planned at some point?  I think I've heard that Microsoft still hasn't let app developers utilize lossless audio for not Bluray purposes, but I couldn't remember.
Bummer.  First I've heard this.  Where did you hear this?

May need to lobby with MS, as HD Audio is one of the main reasons I use Kodi...
BTW - Thanks to the devs for making this available.

I've been eagerly awaiting its arrival, since it was announced.
(2017-12-30, 07:03)dracus Wrote: To those wishing to access a network share, ftp is working perfectly.

I never could get nfs to work on windows with my openelec box so I used Filezilla ftp server on my windows.

The Xbox version adds the shares no problem.

A big thank you to the developers!

And thank you dracus for this tip.
(2017-12-30, 07:03)dracus Wrote: To those wishing to access a network share, ftp is working perfectly.

I never could get nfs to work on windows with my openelec box so I used Filezilla ftp server on my windows.

Thank you for this but do you have any tips on how to get this working ?

i followed a tutorial on how-to-geek on how to set it up and my xbox connects to the server but doesnt show any files.

And I also want to give a big shout out to all the devs that put in their precious time working on this project  - great job !!
I got all teary eyed in reading https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-xbox-one. So many good memories of my initial days with XBMC.

Thanks to all the devs involved. I most likely will remain within a Windows HTPC environment, but for sheer romantic reasons having Kodi on XB1 can't be beaten.

My best wishes for a successful 2018.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2017-12-30, 05:11)thesuffering Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 00:15)jjd-uk Wrote: We have a possible solution in mind for restoring smb but it’s far from being straightforward due to UWP limitions so we can’t promise any timescale, all platforms capable of providing shares should be able to do both smb and nfs so shouldn’t be a major issue short term. As for Advancedsettings.xml you should be able to access Userdata location via the built in Kodi file manager, so you could copy an Advancedsettings.xml from a nfs share.
(2017-12-30, 04:52)zpanderson Wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to connect to a mysql db?  I tried editing advancedsettings and pointing to it but haven't had any luck.

According to the above, copy the file from another machine from the built in file manager in Kodi.  Havent tried it yet personally. 
 Interestingly, editing the file using an add-on didn't work but copying it over did.  Thanks for the suggestion!  Now I just have to convert all my paths from SMB -> NFS.

Good to know.
I thought NFS is the only option.
Did you try other protocols? I tried SSH/SFTP, but with no luck.
(2017-12-30, 17:32)dchabby Wrote:

Thank you for this but do you have any tips on how to get this working ?

i followed a tutorial on how-to-geek on how to set it up and my xbox connects to the server but doesnt show any files.

And I also want to give a big shout out to all the devs that put in their precious time working on this project  - great job !!

What port are you using? At 1st I tried the 14147 port, which did not work. I then tried the new port I specified when I changed from port 21 as per the instructions below. After that, I was good to go.

Hackers will constantly scan the internet for hosts listening on port 21, the default FTP port. To avoid being detected by the thousands of hackers constantly scanning for people like you with an FTP server, we can change the port that FileZilla listens on. Go to Edit and then Settings. Under “General settings” you’ll see “Listen on these ports.” It should currently be on 21, but we recommend changing it to a random five digit number (nothing over 65535).
Don't see this mentioned in the "not working" list, so I thought I'd mention it here.

Custom subtitle fonts are not being seen by Kodi. I tried creating a directory "media/Fonts"  under the userdata folder using the Kodi file manager and copying a .ttf file there, but Kodi doesn't see the font in the selection list.

This method works fine on other Kodi installations such as the Nvidia Shield or LibreELEC.

It's great to see Kodi on Xbox One though. Managed to access all my NFS shares and connect to MySQL on my Synology NAS using advancedsettings.xml.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6