• 12(current)
Xbox One Discussion
(2017-12-30, 18:39)JonnyVee Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 17:32)dchabby Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 07:03)dracus Wrote: To those wishing to access a network share, ftp is working perfectly.

I never could get nfs to work on windows with my openelec box so I used Filezilla ftp server on my windows.

The Xbox version adds the shares no problem.
 Thank you for this but do you have any tips on how to get this working ?

i followed a tutorial on how-to-geek on how to set it up and my xbox connects to the server but doesnt show any files.

And I also want to give a big shout out to all the devs that put in their precious time working on this project  - great job !! 

What port are you using? At 1st I tried the 14147 port, which did not work. I then tried the new port I specified when I changed from port 21 as per the instructions below. After that, I was good to go.

Hackers will constantly scan the internet for hosts listening on port 21, the default FTP port. To avoid being detected by the thousands of hackers constantly scanning for people like you with an FTP server, we can change the port that FileZilla listens on. Go to Edit and then Settings. Under “General settings” you’ll see “Listen on these ports.” It should currently be on 21, but we recommend changing it to a random five digit number (nothing over 65535). 
do you mean the port setting on the xbox when adding the network location ?

if so then yes i specified the port that i choose when changing from 21.

regarding NFS shares - since i dont have that capability on my windows 10 home machine i was thinking of setting one up on a raspberry pi 3 - anyone know if that would work well with 4k files ?
(2017-12-30, 17:32)dchabby Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 07:03)dracus Wrote: To those wishing to access a network share, ftp is working perfectly.

I never could get nfs to work on windows with my openelec box so I used Filezilla ftp server on my windows.

The Xbox version adds the shares no problem.
 Thank you for this but do you have any tips on how to get this working ?

i followed a tutorial on how-to-geek on how to set it up and my xbox connects to the server but doesnt show any files.

And I also want to give a big shout out to all the devs that put in their precious time working on this project  - great job !! 

What port are you using? At 1st I tried the 14147 port, which did not work. I then tried the new port I specified when I changed from port 21 as per the instructions below. After that, I was good to go.

Hackers will constantly scan the internet for hosts listening on port 21, the default FTP port. To avoid being detected by the thousands of hackers constantly scanning for people like you with an FTP server, we can change the port that FileZilla listens on. Go to Edit and then Settings. Under “General settings” you’ll see “Listen on these ports.” It should currently be on 21, but we recommend changing it to a random five digit number (nothing over 65535). 
Come on, if you expose your ftp server directly to the internet you are f***ing mad anyway. Your router should not let any scanning onto computers on your lan.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Should a problem with the Plex-plugin on Xbox be posted here or should I check the plugins thread for a section to post there?
Plex plugin simply doesn't work in v18 at all. Please ask plex to update it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-12-30, 20:36)nickr Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 17:32)dchabby Wrote:  Thank you for this but do you have any tips on how to get this working ?

Come on, if you expose your ftp server directly to the internet you are f***ing mad anyway. Your router should not let any scanning onto computers on your lan.

The paragraph is only a portion of the instructions that the original poster used. There is a seperate section to ban all IPs except your own local network. If you have any suggestions to make it more secure, please give the instructions a read and pass on some wisdom.
"As of this writing there’s limited access to only what’s part of your Video and Music folders."

Does this mean I can add content I have saved on the xbox one? I cant seem to figure out how.

I only use content from an external hd, so looking forward to that. The menus and everything runs well. Nice work, team kodi.
Is it just me, or does Kodi not accept input from an IR Remote?
(2017-12-31, 00:51)pTeronaut Wrote: Is it just me, or does Kodi not accept input from an IR Remote?
 No, it isn't just you, but it does accept some in a weird way.
finally set up a NFS server on windows.  Up to 1080p content is working great and right away.  Havent tried 4K content yet as I only have a Xbox One (not S or X).  Once SMB and IR remote (for my Harmony) is supported I can see using it on the Xbox full time.  I appreciate the time and effort Team Kodi put into this and look forward to a stable release in the future.  Thank you guys!
This was posted in another thread for setting up a NFS share - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr8mdvDp2A

Works awesome and was really easy and simple to set up.

Got Kodi working pretty good now and seems like i have 7.1 audio working.

Tried a 4k/HDR file and it worked pretty good - colours are washed out though since i dont have a 4k display but at least it worked well !
Hi, I just registered to say thank you to you guys! Great to have Kodi for the xbox now, looking forward to replace the RPi once we have a more final version. In fact, only thng I‘m missing is the IR remote capability, all the other stuff works pretty well already.
Heres my test results:
- Live TV playback from a DVB Viewer Recording server - works incl. timeshift and programming / viewing recordings
- Adding and playing movies from a Windows NfS share - works, have to use a UTF-8 capable server to display umlauts though
- Adding and viewing pictures and music from a Nfs share - works

Had some issues with these:
- After about 10 minutes, the Xbox screensaver dims the screen, have to touch a controller button then. Will try if disabling the system screensaver helps
- Audio sound distorted when starting live TV but gets to normal after a couple of seconds
- the „B“ controller button seems to bounce, its as if it take a single press twice, this happens when navigating back in the menus and on the settings screen
- Wasnt able to use the weather widget since the location entry doesn‘t work

Here are a couple of thoughts:
- IR capability really is top priority from my point of view
- For the BD / DVD replay, would it be possible to launch the Xbox bluray player app from Kodi?
- Generally, can native apps be launched from Kodi? We use the amazon prime video app a lot
- Is there a way to autostart Kodi when the xbox is powered on or maybe to have it assigned to a remote button? In the old days, the MS media center remotes had a green button which could be configured to start a program

Cheers and thanks again :)
It's been a long time coming! Kudos for doing this guys! I've been XBMC user for number of years and XBOX ONE support was something I've been waiting for a while! So thanks again!
I have XBOX ONE and Buffalo NAS. I've got SMB/NFS shares set-up on my NAS and have DLNA/UPnP services running on it as well. My XBOX has no problems accessing the shared folders via buid-in media player(DLNA) or VLC (straight SMB). However, when I got KODI installed and tried to add my network folders using NFS option I literally hit the wall!
Here is what I did->I went into "Browse for new share"->"Add network location" ->changed protocol to NFS->Server address (i've tried both, IP address and my server name)->-Browser (doesn't do anything for me at all)->"Remote Path" ( I put in the path to my shared folder)
The "User Name" and "Password" options always stay grayed out for me, so I can't enter them. My shares are password protected for W/R access.
I also tried on clicking "browse" right after entering my server name, to see if KODI will see my server on the network, so I can just select the shares from there. That doesn't happen.
Additionally, I tried and copied one of the media files to the local XBOX Video folder. However, when I tried to access that folder through KODI to see, if I can add the local VIDEO folder into my library, but KODI doesn't see the XBOX folders/files structure beyond it's own installation directory, so this didn't work either.
I'm not sure if this issue is specific to my console, since I have XBOX ONE (not ONE S or ONE X) or the way my Buffalo NAS does the Sharing. So, any tips would be greatly appreciated!
(2017-12-31, 03:21)eru8or Wrote: Hi, I just registered to say thank you to you guys! Great to have Kodi for the xbox now, looking forward to replace the RPi once we have a more final version. In fact, only thng I‘m missing is the IR remote capability, all the other stuff works pretty well already.
Heres my test results:
- Live TV playback from a DVB Viewer Recording server - works incl. timeshift and programming / viewing recordings
- Adding and playing movies from a Windows NfS share - works, have to use a UTF-8 capable server to display umlauts though
- Adding and viewing pictures and music from a Nfs share - works

Had some issues with these:
- After about 10 minutes, the Xbox screensaver dims the screen, have to touch a controller button then. Will try if disabling the system screensaver helps
- Audio sound distorted when starting live TV but gets to normal after a couple of seconds
- the „B“ controller button seems to bounce, its as if it take a single press twice, this happens when navigating back in the menus and on the settings screen
- Wasnt able to use the weather widget since the location entry doesn‘t work

Here are a couple of thoughts:
- IR capability really is top priority from my point of view
- For the BD / DVD replay, would it be possible to launch the Xbox bluray player app from Kodi?
- Generally, can native apps be launched from Kodi? We use the amazon prime video app a lot
- Is there a way to autostart Kodi when the xbox is powered on or maybe to have it assigned to a remote button? In the old days, the MS media center remotes had a green button which could be configured to start a program

Cheers and thanks again Smile
 Even if you could launch an app from Kodi, you couldn't switch back, so it wouldn't be that great.  That said, in theory, you can do Amazon video inside of Kodi on v18 (at least the last time I checked).  Id think itd be possible in this version as long as you have the right files.
Nice one!

Will it be possible to edit advancedsettings.xml for the Xbox One App? I'd like to be able to sync with my MySQL Library. Will this ever be possible? Or could this be achieved via the GUI in a future release under Expert Mode Settings? Cheers!
@ReDrUmNZ

Seems to be possible... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2684725

Don't have an xbox so can't tell you how it was done.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One Discussion6