Song titles no longer visible in any library list view.
I have a fully updated Nvidia Shield TV. A couple of issues with v17. My music is stored on a PC with several hard drives and accessed via SMB over a wired network. Each album is stored in it's own folder with artwork.

Following a rescan, after upgrading to Krypton. I added a few more albums, did a little bit of file maintenance, tag editing and rescanned again. Followed by the clean music library option. Now I have no song titles in any info/list view, only track numbers and length, in time. The track and album names do show in the information panel. Any suggestions?

I have also noticed, when I refresh an individual album to retrieve information, with some albums need to edit the album title to get a match. This editing is now treated as a permanent edit to the library and changes album names in thumbnail view. Is this now a feature?
My first thought from the tread title was that you had accidentally edited the track format setting. To check this view Settings > Media > Music when in Expert mode. The default value is [%N.] %A - %T

It could be something else, and for the album info question I would also like to know if you have "Prefer Online Information" enabled?
(2017-02-28, 12:07)DaveBlake Wrote: My first thought from the tread title was that you had accidentally edited the track format setting. To check this view Settings > Media > Music when in Expert mode. The default value is [%N.] %A - %T

It could be something else, and for the album info question I would also like to know if you have "Prefer Online Information" enabled?
Thank you. I had accidentally edited the track display settings, all is well now with lost song names. The back button on the NSATV remote is used to go back through the menus. When exiting the Music page with the the focus on the [%N.] %A - %T the back button works as backspace. It might be better if you have to click the menu item to gain access editing.

I have "Prefer Online Information" disabled. Using refresh for getting Album info and using the onscreen keyboard always leaves the Library Album name permanently edited, in all views. In the past I have always had to edit the search box as I include (CD2) or (Remastered) etc. in the Album field of the tag, but it has never altered the library album names.
I have done the same accidental edit myself, it is easily done.

A slight hands on solution is to add
Code:
<musicfiles>
    <trackformat>[%N.] %A - %T</trackformat>
</musicfiles>
to the advancedsettings.xml file that is located in the userdata folder. That sets the value but hides it on the settings menu so you can't edit it accidentally.

Quote:Using refresh for getting Album info and using the onscreen keyboard always leaves the Library Album name permanently edited, in all views. In the past I have always had to edit the search box as I include (CD2) or (Remastered) etc. in the Album field of the tag, but it has never altered the library album names.
That sounds odd to me, I'll take a look later in the week.
(2017-02-28, 21:03)DaveBlake Wrote: I have done the same accidental edit myself, it is easily done.

A slight hands on solution is to add
Code:
<musicfiles>
    <trackformat>[%N.] %A - %T</trackformat>
</musicfiles>
to the advancedsettings.xml file that is located in the userdata folder. That sets the value but hides it on the settings menu so you can't edit it accidentally.

Quote:Using refresh for getting Album info and using the onscreen keyboard always leaves the Library Album name permanently edited, in all views. In the past I have always had to edit the search box as I include (CD2) or (Remastered) etc. in the Album field of the tag, but it has never altered the library album names.
That sounds odd to me, I'll take a look later in the week.

Thank you Dave, I'll keep an eye on this thread. Just curious, is this the new behaviour of Kodi? If it's just me, I'm considering deleting my Music library and doing a rescan from scratch.
(2017-03-02, 15:29)Moodyone Wrote: Using refresh for getting Album info and using the onscreen keyboard always leaves the Library Album name permanently edited, in all views. In the past I have always had to edit the search box as I include (CD2) or (Remastered) etc. in the Album field of the tag, but it has never altered the library album names.
Yes, from the album info screen if on hitting "refresh" the scraper can not find an album with that name by that artist (assuming no mbid tags) then it prompts you for album and artist names. If you enter a different album name, and scraping is successful with that name, then the album name in the library becomes permananetly edited.

Quote:Just curious, is this the new behaviour of Kodi? If it's just me, I'm considering deleting my Music library and doing a rescan from scratch.
Well I got the same behaviour in v15, v16 and v17, so it is not new behaviour!
But you may not have noticed the change to album name because the albums node is cached, meaning you would have to go back out and in again to the albums node to see the new title (same happens to see thumbnail changes).

Artists behaves in a similar way.

What I am not so sure of is if this is desired behaviour.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Song titles no longer visible in any library list view.0