Fanart & roles
With the new roles we have in v17, it's possible to scrape artists data including fanart.
When exporting into single files, one is able to export fanart and artist pictures, too.

But, where are these pictures saved? Say I have an artist folder 'Ray Charles', Ray Charles as a composer will get its artist picture within that folder. What if I have no artist folder Ray Coder, but only Ray Coder as composer or writer?
What about maybe Lars Ulrich (drummer of Metallica). I certainly have no folder named as "Lars Ulrich", but he's got a role, I can scrape him and have a picture and fanart. Where will it get exported to?
I ask, cause best way possibly is to scrape artists once and then export art for to not have to put load on the servers again when scanning source next time.

As a side note, would it be possible to get the roles as musicians parted into the different instruments so one can also look at all drummers or percussionists?
(2017-02-28, 21:12)Rusendusen Wrote: With the new roles we have in v17, it's possible to scrape artists data including fanart.
When exporting into single files, one is able to export fanart and artist pictures, too.

But, where are these pictures saved? Say I have an artist folder 'Ray Charles', Ray Charles as a composer will get its artist picture within that folder. What if I have no artist folder Ray Coder, but only Ray Coder as composer or writer?
What about maybe Lars Ulrich (drummer of Metallica). I certainly have no folder named as "Lars Ulrich", but he's got a role, I can scrape him and have a picture and fanart. Where will it get exported to?
I ask, cause best way possibly is to scrape artists once and then export art for to not have to put load on the servers again when scanning source next time.

I think Dave is aware of this problem and is looking into it.

Quote:As a side note, would it be possible to get the roles as musicians parted into the different instruments so one can also look at all drummers or percussionists?

That's how 'All Roles' works. Just pick Drums and you get all drummers (except that screen doesn't support mouse clicks Undecided Correction: you have to click in the top half of the buttons)
Good to know and thx for the info! So better not export, I guess?

Regarding 'all roles', I've feared of trying it as it's not translated correctly in german. It's translated to "all rules" which made me fear to trigger something like song node.
Where to address a translation issue?
(2017-02-28, 21:12)Rusendusen Wrote: As a side note, would it be possible to get the roles as musicians parted into the different instruments so one can also look at all drummers or percussionists?

Yes, but you have to tag using the TIPL, TMCL, or PERFORMER tags depending on your file / tag format (assuming you have tagging program that can populate these).

scott s.
(2017-03-01, 14:56)Rusendusen Wrote: Where to address a translation issue?

From the wiki, it looks like you can do the edits yourself. See here. I don't know how this is moderated.
Signed up, thx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart & roles0