Android TV Remote Control keymap
(2017-03-03, 15:01)CiNcH Wrote: So I simply "learned" the back button on Android TV Remote Control to the B control (instead of the Back control)

I have an idea of how to fix this. I'll introduce a "remote" profile with Select, Back and navigation. That way, soft remotes like yours can be mapped intuitively, instead of trying to contort the mapping to fit a controller.

(2017-03-03, 15:01)CiNcH Wrote: There is still a problem with reconnecting the app, after which the remote behaves differently.

May your PR fix this?

Yes, the PR that was just merged to master should fix this. It'll be in tonight's nightly (master) and in Krypton 17.1 rc 2 in a day or two.
Sounds both great to me.
Just recognized that the PR already got accepted into Krypton. So I will try a Krypton nightly tomorrow then..

[EDIT] Hmmm.. there is a Krypton build from 03-Mar-2017 18:30. PR should already be inside, no?
[EDIT2] File not found...
[EDIT3] Now available.
This build is worse for me. It does not detect the Back button press of the Android TV Remote Control at all. Even when trying to learn it within the controller configuration. As if nothing is pressed.

D-pad + OK/Select works which are most probably not joystick controls...
Can you post a debug log? Can you also try disabling peripheral.joystick and restarting? That should kick the remote into keyboard mode, which is better than having no effect until I can fix android support.
Quote:Can you post a debug log?
OK, I closed Kodi, connected Android TV Remote Control, started Kodi and pressed about 10 times the soft Back button. Finally went to the log upload...

LOG

Seems like I now have 2 times the virtual-remote inside Peripherals.

Quote:Can you also try disabling peripheral.joystick and restarting?
Dunno how to do that.
Now I got it. peripheral.joystick is an add-on. Disabled it. Now Android TV Remote Control works beautifully indeed. Even that problem is solved.
(2017-03-03, 21:53)CiNcH Wrote: Seems like I now have 2 times the virtual-remote inside Peripherals.

Can you check what joystick devices Kodi is recognizing? The attached joysticks can be viewed at Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals.

(2017-03-03, 21:53)CiNcH Wrote:
Quote:Can you also try disabling peripheral.joystick and restarting?
Dunno how to do that.

Soon there will be a link in Settings, but for now this can be done at Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Peripheral Libraries -> Joystick Support -> Disable.
Quote:Can you check what joystick devices Kodi is recognizing? The attached joysticks can be viewed at Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals.
It was 2x the "virtual-remote" (=Android TV Remote Control) and one time the Sony remote.

Quote: Soon there will be a link in Settings, but for now this can be done at Add-ons -> My Add-ons -> Peripheral Libraries -> Joystick Support -> Disable.
Yes, figured that out already. Result:
Quote:Now Android TV Remote Control works beautifully indeed. Even that problem is solved.
So Android TV Remote Control works after disabling Joystick Support?

When I have time, I'll load Kodi in a debugger and trace down exactly what is going wrong. I've already spent a week and bricked a Shield TV tracking down this bug down. I need at least another few days, but I can't spare this time in the near future. I'll get this app working perfectly by the time we start v18 Leia beta releases, which will be several months from now.
Yes, worked perfectly after disabling joystick. That's already a perfect solution for me it seems. Don't think I need joystick....
I had this same issue with Kodi 17.1 and my Probox2 EX+ with it's Probox2 remote+ that has the airmouse feature. The back button wouldn't work unless you switched to the mouse feature but then you couldn't get out of the mouse feature and have the playback bar disappear on it's own and the mouse not keep popping up. Disabling the joystick peripheral seems to have fixed it. 17.0 didn't have this issue but it started after getting the 17.1 update via Google Play.
Having this same issue on the Nvidia Shield with the Android TV Remote app.
Back button on Android TV Remove Control app is fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick/pull/129. This fix will be in tonight's nightly. I'm backporting all current buttonmaps to Krypton, so this fix should make it into v17.6 as well.
The behavior of the Back button is still different.

As joystick (peripheral.joystick enabled): Back button in fullscreen video performs a stop
As keyboard (peripheral.joystick disabled): Back button in fullscreen video overlays menu without a stop

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android TV Remote Control keymap1