How to modify a skin (Specifically Estuary)
I am recyling some info I had from Confluence (Kodi 16), to see if I can add the "Time Remaining" field under Estuary (Kodi 17) and have failed at the first hurdle.. Could someone help me?

I am running a LibreElec system on Pi, and by default the "Esutary" skin lives under:

/usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary

I copied the entire directory to:

/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.esutary.jon (NB. I renamed it to .jon in this step)

I then edited the 'addon.xml' file and changed it from:

<addon id="skin.estuary" version="1.9.10" name="Estuary" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

to

<addon id="skin.estuary.jon" version="1.9.10" name="Estuary Jon" provider-name="phil65, Ichabod Fletchman">

But after this step, it does not appear in my list of Skins.. Just to double check that I have the correct directory, I downloaded a random skin (Amber), and now its in my Skins list, i can also so it in the directory on the filesystem:

drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 4096 Mar 1 12:16 skin.amber
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Feb 28 18:31 skin.estuary.jon

But my ".jon" version of Esutary skin never appears in the list. Is there something else that needs to be changed to allow Kodi 17 to see a skin?

Jon
It's probably disabled.

Go to your add-ons, find your new skin and enable it.

After this it should work just fine. Smile
(2017-03-01, 17:34)Gade Wrote: It's probably disabled.

Go to your add-ons, find your new skin and enable it.

After this it should work just fine. Smile

I had a look in Add-ons.. drilled down through Look and Feel and found "skins"

And all of the skins I have downloaded are listed, but cant see any sign of the one I have copied/created/modified.
Did you try restarting Kodi?
(2017-03-01, 20:29)Gade Wrote: Did you try restarting Kodi?

Admittedly not.. I will give that a go.. For now, I have found the Confluence skin and modified that (as I used too in 16.0) and have "Time Remaining" back and am quite happy (as I am not sure I like Estuary anyway).

But once I get my skin to appear, I might have a little poke around in XML to see if I can make something happen..

Edit: That worked.. Its not shown under "Interface", but it is shown (as disabled) under Addons.. I have now enabled it and can start playing to see if I can add Time Remaining to the skin.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to modify a skin (Specifically Estuary)1