v17 Audio/Picture out of sync after Live TV Channel Change
HI,

I've just bought myself a new NVidia Shield to play with...

I'm sure I've seen this same issue posted in the forums somewhere, but I cant find it anywhere, so apologies if I'm repeating something that already been mentioned else. I'm not sure if this is a know issue or not... Using Kodi 17 (Android) TVhead 4.1x (although I'm pretty sure the TV server isn't the issue at my RPI's work fine) ... Nvidia Shield update (as far as I know - as soon as I turned it on it installed numerous updates)

My Issue:

I'm noticing that the picture and volume are out of sync when I change channels, the first tune is perfect, however changing to another channel results in the sound being out of sync with the picture, the picture also doesn't appear to play smooth (maybe missing out frames or something?) the only way I can rectify this is by stopping the Live TV and then to change the channel, the channel then plays perfectly... No Difference in behaviour between HD & SD, I've had a play around with some of the settings but nothing seems to improve anything.

I'm at work at the moment, so cant upload a log but will later if required.

I guess my questions are:

- is this a know issue? and if so is there a plan to implement the fix in the next 17.x fix release? - I appreciate that there's a lack of Android maintainer at the moment.
- I've probably messed around with the setting so much now, I don't no what I've turned off and on! if this issue is in relation to the wrong settings what should I be looking for (I guess this is where a log would be useful)

thanks in advance...
Known. Hwaccel fails after channel switch.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks Fritsch - thats good to know, it saves me from going mad! You know what my next question will be!

Is there anyway to fix this or rather is there any plan to fix this in the future... im consciouse there isnt an Android developer.. if there are plans, would it be fixed in the 17 x series or do i need to take a leap of faith with one of the development build or i guess roll back everthing to jarvis?
TvHeadend is buggy on Android at the moment. I've seen reports of better reliability with DVBLink and MythTV usage with Kodi v17 Krypton.

(2017-03-01, 21:01)wrxtasy Wrote: TvHeadend is buggy on Android at the moment. I've seen reports of better reliability with DVBLink and MythTV usage with Kodi v17 Krypton.

Hmmm i moved from DVBlink to TVHead as DVBLink is buggy as hell with kodi 17!
Try a "notsoshitty" build from the mirrors, please
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-03-01, 22:48)fritsch Wrote: Try a "notsoshitty" build from the mirrors, please

Thanks frtsch that's done the trick, installing this build and disabling Hardwar Acceleration - Mediacodec with Mediacodec (Surface) enabled...

you may have just saved a marriage!
kodi-20170217-db72e8f-notsoshitty-armeabi-v7a.apk

Wow tnx. I'm having the same issue. Why isn't this fixed in official version?
(2017-03-12, 08:16)snoopy86 Wrote: Wow tnx. I'm having the same issue. Why isn't this fixed in official version?

I guess the question is, is this going to be fixed in the official release? rather than why....

@fritsch - would it be safe to let the playstore automatically update to 17.1 when it finally lands? e.g is the magic that you have included in the above build, also included in final 17.1 ?
No - won't be included. Will build another notsoshitty build for that
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
(2017-03-12, 14:26)fritsch Wrote: No - won't be included.
Why?
Would influence all other working platforms - which is a no go for a point release.
(2017-03-12, 18:19)fritsch Wrote: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio/Picture out of sync after Live TV Channel Change0