v17 Dolbt Atmos is decoded as Dolby TrueHD - every other audio format is OK
Also a question jjd-uk might be able to help with.. does atmos media show as ATMOS or TrueHD in Kodi, I understand they are the same format but with extensions, but it would be handy to know from the movie list if it's atmos or TrueHD. My atmos shows are showing as TrueHD currently.
As far as Kodi is concerned it's a TrueHD stream, so a standard Kodi install running the default skin (Estuary) will not identify the audio tracks as Atmos, we have no way we can differentiate between a normal TrueHD stream and a Atmos stream.

However some skins can take keywords from the filenames to add media flags, however I don't know if any currently do this for Atmos audio, if you don't use Estuary then ask the dev of whatever skin you are using. To be clear it's possible for a skin to read the filename, for example Movie Name (Year).ATMOS.mkv see ATMOS is contained and use that to trigger a Atmos media flag within the skin. Estuary does not do this is it's viewed as a unreliable workaround of the type we will not permit in the default skin.
Estuary MOD was supposed to do this. But adding the .atmos or _atmos to the filename stopped the files being picked up by the movie scrapper and I had to ditch the idea. If it helps, My Onkyo just displayed TrueHD until I actually connected and setup the Atmos speakers.
Should still be possible I think, not entirely sure but I believe adding an cleanstrings advanced setting, see http://kodi.wiki/view/advancedsettings.xml#cleanstrings would allow to scrape, then I believe the skin would still pick out atmos in the filename.
I'll look into it, cheersCool
So in theory I could have

Code:
<video>
  <cleanstrings>
   <regexp>_Atmos</regexp>
  </cleanstrings>
</video>

And then have "John Wick_Atmos.mkv"?
If you've any questions regarding regex after looking at that then I'm not your man as that stuff is all gobbledygook to me.
For the kids watching at home that have this issue I finally figured it out, On the Denon amp if you click "Info" on the remote it will say Signal - TrueHD and Sound - TrueHD even if you are playing an ATMOS track.. UNLESS you press the green "MOVIE" button on the remote and select the ATMOS/SURROUND option.

The problem is when this is selected it will play everything in ATMOS, so I assume I would need to change that option every time i change between TrueHD and ATMOS files.. seems a bit weird.
(2017-06-10, 05:50)ameic Wrote: For the kids watching at home that have this issue I finally figured it out, On the Denon amp if you click "Info" on the remote it will say Signal - TrueHD and Sound - TrueHD even if you are playing an ATMOS track.. UNLESS you press the red "MOVIE" button on the remote and select the ATMOS/SURROUND option.

The problem is when this is selected it will play everything in ATMOS, so I assume I would need to change that option every time i change between TrueHD and ATMOS files.. seems a bit weird.

I have the Denon Remote app on my iPhone. It seems to have more functions than the actual hand held remote. If you select the "Sound Mode" setting, one of the options is "Auto". The Denon amp will then automatically switch audio settings to suit the incoming signal. Having said that, I don't recall ever seeing Atmos displayed. I always see Neural:X though. Maybe because I don't have an Atmos speaker setup yet?

My Movie button is Green. Music is Red. Wink
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah sorry Green not red, updated Smile

I think I've found the Auto button, if you press the "Direct" button, I think it toggles between "Auto" and "Direct", but not 100% if that's the Auto that I need.. I'll try the one you mentioned and see if it gives the same result, thanks for the tip!
hello!

i am from germany, my english is not so good, sorry!

i have kodi 17.3 and no DTS!

Dolby Digital work!

i have with the MPC-HC Player testet work with DTS, Kodi not.
With the MPC player one must under internal filter, audio decoder, everything with DTS and Dolby turn on /. Then DTS and Dolby work very well there.

Only Kodi makes no DTS Huh
(An old kodi version goes with DTS only the new not!)

i have Windows 10 RS2 1703.V15063.332 Multi.x64.

Best regards
Logs please: 1707504 (post)
They've already told you over at Kodinerds [emoji6]
(2017-03-01, 20:42)MadScientist Wrote: What's doing the decoding? To get Atmos, it must be bitstream to the processor. Kodi can't decode Atmos

? I thought Kodi was able to decode Atmos Sad
(2017-06-26, 09:18)Robertjan88 Wrote:
(2017-03-01, 20:42)MadScientist Wrote: What's doing the decoding? To get Atmos, it must be bitstream to the processor. Kodi can't decode Atmos

? I thought Kodi was able to decode Atmos Sad

Kodi can passthrough Atmos to a suitable AVR which will then decode the Atmos audio, however Kodi cannot decode the Atmos audio to PCM although I'm not sure why you'd want to as you'd lose the embedded object placement encoding.
Lightbulb 
Thankyou jjd-uk !! Let me first say I never post, I scour forums all over the planet, never post, never make a comment but I had to respond to your post. I got my Nvidia Shield a few days ago and set up Kodi for the first time specifically to stream Dolby Atmos the only audio format I couldn't stream was Dolby Atmos; my speaker setup is 7.2.2. It never occurred to me in a million years to switch the rendering mode in the AVR back from legacy to object ! I'd like to buy you a beer Smile again thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dolbt Atmos is decoded as Dolby TrueHD - every other audio format is OK0